Thread: MW in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account

MW in 5.2

Not following the ptr but are mw getting any more viable in 5.2. I hear alot about WW but dont hear anything about mw except i did hear about ring of peace.

More viable for what? They are powerhouses in Rated BG, they are reasonably good in PvE, and lolarena.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp arena mostly?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're being nerfed in PVE with 5.2. Period. They simplify our AoE heal with uplift/BOK being the only chi dumps but they don't address our main issue (in fact they make it worst) which is that we have very little to no control over who we are healing and it takes us ages to set-up our raid healing rotation.

I would say it's a buff for 10m healing, maybe a nerf for 25m healing.
    they are buffing the tier2 (level 30) talents to cost no chi, and do more healing, but adding cooldowns. that means no more chi burst as chi spender.
    but in 10s ReM+Uplift is better anyway if you are not all stacked up perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    More viable for what? They are powerhouses in Rated BG, they are reasonably good in PvE, and lolarena.
    They are horrible in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    pvp arena mostly?
    Since no one else is actually answering the question...

The total Mistweaver changes for 5.2 are the changes to the level 30 talent tier, the addition of Ring of Peace in place of Deadly Reach (Paralysis now 20 yards baseline), and Mastery spheres doing a 50% heal when they expire to the nearest friendly. To simplify, let's say that the Sphere change doesn't affect PvP at all, since it's completely unpredictable if you'll even be in range of them, let alone knowing when each one actually expires. Let's call that one a very minor buff for PvP that you won't even see most of the time.

The addition of Ring of Peace is a straight buff because Paralysis will now be "not the worst CC in the game" rather than "oh god why does this ability have so many awful restrictions on it", removing (or at least alleviating since it's still only 20 yards) one of the things that makes Paralysis so damn terrible. You might actually be able to use it now. Ring of Peace could be very good or not, depending on how they change it before it goes live (which they will, it's game-breakingly overpowered in its current form) so the jury's still out on that one.

The Chi talent changes will end up being a buff for arenas as Chi Wave (the only one anyone currently does and will in 5.2 use for arenas) is getting a straight buff by getting a 100% throughput increase with only an 87.5% cooldown increase resulting in a net gain in throughput, but it's also becoming free, meaning you get the same healing and get to keep the 4 Chi you would have spent to use on something else. Yay!

Honorable mention goes to the Life Cocoon changes, which basically make it usable in PvP without instantly being dispelled, because that was really stupid. Another shoutout to the Healing Elixir change which buffs it by 50% (from 10% to 15%) making it actually useful, although it still won't help you survive coordinated burst.

Overall, there's some small buffs here and there, but ultimately it'll be Ring of Peace and the Life Cocoon change that will really shake things up and could potentially rocket MWs to OP in arenas, but we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Overall, there's some small buffs here and there, but ultimately it'll be Ring of Peace and the Life Cocoon change that will really shake things up and could potentially rocket MWs to OP in arenas, but we'll have to see.
    Will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post
    Will never happen.
    I'm glad you took the time to give you well thought-out reasoning for why Mistweavers could never, ever be OP in arenas, despite the fact that every single class (including healers) has dominated at least one season at different points in their lives. I applaud your dedication to creating a meaningful environment for discussion in this forum.

Im op in any type of pvp right now as a mistweaver. 5.2 is only going to make me god mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    They are powerhouses in Rated BG.
    Do you by any chance have any resources for a newbie to learn how to be a powerhouse?

Deleted
    Ring of Peace and the Life Cocoon change that will really shake things up and could potentially rocket MWs to OP in arenas, but we'll have to see.
    Against any team with a couple of braincells between them you can lock a MW down almost entirely, granted good MW's will always be able to achieve higher ratings than the average joe but due to how healing is set-up for monks we will never be OP inside the arena, not even close.

i will elaborate on this thought when i get home tonight, i simply don't have the time to produce an entirely helpful post at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2013-01-16 at 03:04 PM.