Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think you misunderstand me.

Blazing speed allows you to move fast... for 1.5 seconds. It only moves you slightly further than Blink, and it replaced Blink. This doesn't actually increase a mage's ability to move in any particular fashion, nor does it give them an incentive to move.
    You have to move sometimes! This ability does somewhat lower the damage loss of moving, but it is a replacement to a spell that we have had since Vanilla which also fills the same role. The talents were designed with the Mage's ability to Blink already in mind, they clearly don't mind if you're able to hop around a bit once every 15 seconds, they just want to make sure we're at least a little more sedentary at other times than most other caster DPS.

Charge Me Doctor's talent idea gives you a stacking damage reduction buff as long as you are in motion. This rewards players for moving, and encourages them to be doing it at all times in certain encounters (Garalon for instance).
    This is the exact opposite of what the level 90 talents are designed to achieve.
    Yes, but it's intended to be a fun talent that makes you want to use it (like ANY movement speed increase. Moving fast = fun).

His idea would only really be helpful on Garalon and maybe Will. I just don't see a practical use for it that would really make it a wise choice, especially with the current L90 talents how they are.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Yes, but it's intended to be a fun talent that makes you want to use it (like ANY movement speed increase. Moving fast = fun).

His idea would only really be helpful on Garalon and maybe Will. I just don't see a practical use for it that would really make it a wise choice, especially with the current L90 talents how they are.
    On will, you can soak sparks if you blink out of them fast enough. It enables you to make then explode while taking no damage at all (requires some reflex and good timing). It makes blink extremely useful on will, and I wouldn't change it for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    On will, you can soak sparks if you blink out of them fast enough. It enables you to make then explode while taking no damage at all (requires some reflex and good timing). It makes blink extremely useful on will, and I wouldn't change it for anything else.
    I use Blink to:

- Get places faster by teleporting
    - Find all sorts of fun places you can blink through or bug when using it
    - Fall safely (fuck Slow Fall. Blink is how you skillfully do it)
    - Teleport through mechanics and bad shit
    - Break stuns, something that wouldn't feel right with a sprint

Just to name a few. Fuck new BS. It's even more 'BS' than any other version.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Blink is a staple of the Mage. I actually consider it one of the coolest spells in the game.

I was never tempted to take Blazing Speed before anyway.

I use Blink to:

- Get places faster by teleporting
    - Find all sorts of fun places you can blink through or bug when using it
    - Fall safely (fuck Slow Fall. Blink is how you skillfully do it)
    - Break stuns, something that wouldn't feel right with a sprint

Just to name a few. Fuck new BS. It's even more 'BS' than any other version.
    Well you left out the biggest thing.. it lets you go through objects/AoE effects on the ground that would otherwise kill you in PvE. Hence blink is still much much better for allmost all heroic fights out there..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well you left out the biggest thing.. it lets you go through objects/AoE effects on the ground that would otherwise kill you in PvE.
    I use Blink to:
    No I didn't.

No I didn't.
    I'm blind it seems.

So they buff Blazing Speed so that u can use it at any point, then its decided that its to op and should replace blink VS leaving it as it is currently. I love this talent as it currently is. Taking some damage for it to proc is more than ok with me. It is a very fun talent, that can be used offensively and defensively. Please rather leave it alone as it is than change it to what is on the ptr!

Deleted
    Give Blazing Speed 2 charges imo (Roll/Double Time). Not worth loosing both blink and icebarrier for atm.

In order to make the talent usable in its current position, they could just add a decent self-heal (15-30%) and let us keep Blink. Maybe extend duration to 2 or 3 seconds. Still not quite as good as IB, but usable.
    I agree, though, that the better solution would be to drop it to T1 and make Scorch baseline, with a new talent put in its place (perhaps a minor damage reduction put onto the end of a Blink)
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2013-01-15 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    In order to make the talent usable in its current position, they could just add a decent self-heal (15-30%) and let us keep Blink. Maybe extend duration to 2 or 3 seconds. Still not quite as good as IB, but usable.
    I agree, though, that the better solution would be to drop it to T1 and make Scorch baseline, with a new talent put in its place (perhaps a minor damage reduction put onto the end of a Blink)
    They won't make Scorch baseline as Ghostcrawler was whining, on twitter if I remember correctly, that ranged classes are too mobile already, it's clear they want to turn caster classes and specs into turrets but they forget that all the battering rams have rocket propulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    They won't make Scorch baseline as Ghostcrawler was whining, on twitter if I remember correctly, that ranged classes are too mobile already, it's clear they want to turn caster classes and specs into turrets but they forget that all the battering rams have rocket propulsion.
    Yet they give warlocks a passive 90 talent that lets them cast spells while moving. The penalty being a small movement speed debuff... Kinda tired of the pick and choose philosophy these guys have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    Yet they give warlocks a passive 90 talent that lets them cast spells while moving. The penalty being a small movement speed debuff... Kinda tired of the pick and choose philosophy these guys have.
    It is an interesting point there, KJC is considered nearly mandatory as a talent choice. The other two are just too situational. If that one talent was set equal to the others, warlocks would be complaining nearly as hard as mages about the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    That's funny. Warlocks and Hunters can have 100% mobility but we can't have any? Makes sense.

They're too powerful for OTHER classes. Not us.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's funny. Warlocks and Hunters can have 100% mobility but we can't have any? Makes sense.

While we're at it, give us the tanking of Prot Warriors, the healing of a Mistweaver, and the stuns and silences of a Rogue.

Seriously...stop comparing classes, it serves no purpose than to show that you just want things other classes have cause "cause fuck that's why".
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    While we're at it, give us the tanking of Prot Warriors, the healing of a Mistweaver, and the stuns and silences of a Rogue.

Seriously...stop comparing classes, it serves no purpose than to show that you just want things other classes have cause "cause fuck that's why".
    If mobile DPS was our only issue, then I wouldn't mind it as much.

You have seen what they're doing to Blazing Speed and Invocation (referring to the heavy damage nerf) and not doing to IW/RoP, right? You have seen the lack of fixing Fire and the lack of fixing the scaling issues for Frost (since they will suffer HEAVILY in the future due to poor scaling), yeah?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    allowing us to gain RANGE on top of blink.
    welcome to the world fo shadowpriest, ele shamans, warlocks, boomkins, time to learn how to play with a average class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    Exactly. And warlocks still are not fantastic in PVP. But we're more built around mobility than they are. Their rationale for not baselining Scorch is nonsense.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

mobility? lol..... scorch? with pyro procs?.... ice lances??? with finger of frost... ... oh man this mages....

lets see.. shadowpriest.. no longer devouring plague... so shadow word pain while moving( not direct damage is a dot).. unbelivable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    mobility? lol..... scorch? with pyro procs?.... ice lances??? with finger of frost... ... oh man this mages....

lets see.. shadowpriest.. no longer devouring plague... so shadow word pain while moving( not direct damage is a dot).. unbelivable
    Most of that applies to fire. Don't think anyone will contest that fire is mobile.