Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Each Character is his own person. If you are level one, there is no way you can already be exalted with 60 races. I think it should stay that way. The title thing is more of a courtesy. When you roll a new toon, you are no longer your main, which means you are starting from scratch. If they ever changed that, I would really feel bad for the game. Then, instead of getting rep and questing, people would just ramrod through Dungeons from 15-90 and not even bother to do anything but power level and raid.
    Maybe my main tells all of those factions, "This guy's cool, he's with me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I wish they would make exalted reps account wide. The thought of raising an exalted rep with the Golden Lotus/Shado-Pan on all of my alts scares me. I mean, they allow my alts to gain titles, even though the alt has never even stepped foot into that particular raid, let alone killed the boss. I think because they allow us that, that they should also allow our alts to have an exalted rep that we already grinded out on our main.
    And why would you want to get Golden Lotus/Shado-Pan/Klaxxi/August Celestials to exalted? All you get at exalted are tabards, mounts and two items from quests that require exalted (which have equivalent versions on vendors). Revered is all you need, and that's very quick and easy to get nowadays (and because of the Valor cap, you can spread it out over several weeks).
    At the moment it's 6 days or so to get Golden Lotus to revered, 1 for Klaxxi, 8-9 for August Celestials and roughly 1 for Shado-Pan. The only bad thing about it is that you still need to get Golden Lotus to revered before dailies open up for AC and SP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Account wide rep = even less to do = very bad idea..

MoP rep is already too fast to get, with the commendations..
    E.g. the last toon I levelled, was at 13k/21k revered with Klaxxi when he dinged 90, and there was still yellow quests to do.
    Same toon was 2k/21k revered with Shado-Pan when he left Townlong at 89.. Without commentations, you end up ~100 rep short of honored.
    How about you actually do something else then leveling your chars all day and not actually doing anything with them? The best equipped one has unenchanted, ungemmed blue/lfr stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    the only thing i know about rep to be account-wide is the commendation and its a good addition tbh... but anything more than that, no ty :/ like some have stated, more account-wide thingy=less thing to do and i do feel they want mop to be very grindy.
    How about no? Do you in all honesty think that I'm going to grind WSG and Arathi reputation on the char I've done bloodsail and steemwheedle cartel with and that granting me those reputations account wide would lead to me having less to do? NO! I never in my entire life want to see another pirate in Tanaris much less kill one of them.
    And don't try to be witty and point out that there are pirates in the barrens and northrend too. :|

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    No, because gearing is RNG. Rep grinds aren't RNG. Do this x times = exalted. Its a grind. Gearing isn't a grind, you could be geared in a week or a year. Plus... this is REPUTATION. I've already earned the REPUTATION (IE, word of mouth about ME) so when I roll back up I should be treated like i saved those lil pandas 800 million times like I have already.
    Valor gear isn't rng. Pvp gear isn't rng. Crafted gear isn't rng.

How about you create a character and its already 90 since you've already done that content before.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How about no? Do you in all honesty think that I'm going to grind WSG and Arathi reputation on the char I've done bloodsail and steemwheedle cartel with and that granting me those reputations account wide would lead to me having less to do? NO! I never in my entire life want to see another pirate in Tanaris much less kill one of them.
    And don't try to be witty and point out that there are pirates in the barrens and northrend too. :|
    I've done the Insane grind on two characters with the exception of the BSB to honored part, which I only did on my hunter. I, too, never want to see another god damn pirate.

Or pickpocket another mob in Burning Steppes or LBRS. BECAUSE FUCK YOU RAVENHOLDT! x2
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-01-15 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

no i wont be a duche, but you do understand that these rep, only few player did it right ?... not the majority of them : /

so the reward title make more sence.. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I've done the Insane grind on two characters with the exception of the BSB to honored part, which I only did on my hunter. I, too, never want to see another god damn pirate.

Or pickpocket another mob in Burning Steppes or LBRS. BECAUSE FUCK YOU RAVENHOLDT! x2
    Did it on one character. I have pretty much ever single last faction except for Ogrila and the two battleground ones exalted on that one. Got those two factions on another one.

no i wont be a duche, but you do understand that these rep, only few player did it right ?... not the majority of them : /

so the reward title make more sence.. xD
    What in the hell are you talking about? I did those reputations all I want is not being forced to do them AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account

What in the hell are you talking about? I did those reputations all I want is not being forced to do them AGAIN.
    ok ok calm down darn it o.o....
    i have over 40 exalted rep and since i changed main i dont feel Forced to redo them like you do i understand it suck but hell...

10+ Year Old Account
    ppl leveling alts, then grinding some if not all the mop reps, even with the bonus, make up a huge time sink. i doubt they'd change it.
    Last edited by Septik; 2013-01-15 at 04:22 PM.

They already said it won't happen because most of the rep rewards are account-wide already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Some people have more to do in a day then play games all day long.
    Those people should probably not lvl a buncha alts then. You invest in the game the time you can/want and get proportional rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Maybe my main tells all of those factions, "This guy's cool, he's with me!"
    Sounds good. Let's make a set of papers that costs 100K gold that you can send to 1 alt to right click and use, that gives them rep equal to your main.

What I would really like are public groups for the daily quests, where a person is automatically put into a group of 5 players to accomplish these goals faster. It makes the game more interesting to be grouped with people, and I wouldn't feel so bad about doing them knowing I would have help and interaction. Being in a 10man guild its hard to get enough people within my own community on at one time to make grouping a worthwhile effort. I would also rather spend more time looking for a dungeon group rather than sitting in a queue and getting people from different realms. Wrath was better because I got to know people and would ask/be asked to join a heroic dungeon because of our ability. The social aspects being removed from the game is what has killed the feeling of WoW, and why people bitched about not enough to do in Cata, which led to all these stupid ass dailies.

Deleted
    The biggest issue I have is that the Beloved achievement doesn't combine factions from all characters (of the same faction ofc, don't want it too easy). I have almost all the old factions done on one char, and all the Pandaren ones on my new main, sucks that I have to do the grind again on my old main for the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really heard about any talk of that yet... I personally would probably agree with it though. I don't really agree with the others, though (account-wide pets, mounts, achievements) only because I think it sort of takes away the excitement and challenge away from the game... That's just me though, I guess .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i would love to see rep become account-bound, all we need is more account wide rep boosts.

Example: We have the 100% rep increase commendations you can buy when you become revered, I say lets add another rep booster at exalted (75% increase) for 500g.

So to start, your alt will have a 175% increase in rep off the bat, now lets add an addition daily quest (or 2) only for accounts that have the commendations. thats another 400-700 rep a day on top of the rep gains from the commendations.

This will nerf the grind but still give us something to do.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    ok ok calm down darn it o.o....
    i have over 40 exalted rep and since i changed main i dont feel Forced to redo them like you do i understand it suck but hell...
    "Over 40?" Now that's cute. I'm around 67~ with the two battleground factions on my PvP char. That brings me to around 69.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Old reps are still tied to tabards and dungeon runs - so ofc you can do sth else than dailies. There seems no solution to this?

-you love rep so much that you even want to grind old reps but you want reps accountwide so you can do sth else? But..if you want to do sth else...you don't need rep to do that. I am quite confused what you want?

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:23 PM ----------

Well..I had 44 exhalted reps when I changed my main to an alt with now 15 reps and I sure as hell DON't feel forced to redo them. I got the title Exhalted when it was tied to 40 reps and it isn't going away.

So..everyone does indeed feel different and none of us is entitled to anything.
    I don't want it to matter on what char I have my reputations, also I want an 70 factions achievment.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The biggest issue I have is that the Beloved achievement doesn't combine factions from all characters (of the same faction ofc, don't want it too easy). I have almost all the old factions done on one char, and all the Pandaren ones on my new main, sucks that I have to do the grind again on my old main for the achievement.
    Been there done that. 60 Factions is fairly easy. My main gripe with this is that I have pretty much every single last faction on exalted with the battleground ones on another char then the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Over 40?" Now that's cute. I'm around 67~ with the two battleground factions on my PvP char. That brings me to around 69.
    so what are you trying to prove ? so youre here only to whine and prove to anyone youre the best ? good for you. im done here.
    i have else to do than grinding rep all my playtime

well my main thoughts on this subject is that so much content in the game is put to rest when new stuff comes out, even in the same expansion, look at all the 5.0 reps and content..5.1 already trumped it, and 5.2 furthers even that, unless you level a new alt to 90, most likely you arent going to see a lot of the content that 5.0 offered, there are people who have 5+ 90's, and for them even the content in 5.0 feels months old (well it is technically)

Now look at cata content, wrath, or even tbc/vanilla stuff...who honestly goes to azeroth and explores or does anything out there anymore? the only reason to quest if you arent leveling an alt is loremaster, or 1 off achieves, none of the old content is relevant anymore, and 99% of it is skipped or leveled through so fast that it feels really hollow and more of an annoyance than anything to have to push through it again

I think really they should bridge the old content with new content, as we get new content even in 5.2, go back and breathe some life into vanilla, tbc, and wrath stuff, its not as easy as creating a team to do it (in my mind it is) the main reason why they don't is because of time constraints, the developers focus on new content, rather than old, and i think at some point they should shift some attention to those old continents and raids, the new pets in 5.1 from old raids is a small example

if you have a level 90 toon and want to go back and get all the tbc, wrath, and cata reps done, its a significant time investment, especially reps such as Keepers of Time, which takes MANY runs of normal/heroic Durnholde/BlackMorass till exalted, I'm not saying there shouldn't be effort but i think they should revamp/revise/improve the entire system for non-mop reps/content

They should apply the commendations to everything pre-mop, that would be fine to me, so my alts can aquire all the blacksmithing plans from all the vendors, such as Karazan, the tbc reps, wrath reps etc...being able to aquire all the jewel crafting patterns from say Sunreavers out in Queldanas Isle, there is a ton of them, i would grind reps if it was at least the 100% commendations, allow alts to catch up, so can aquire and see/find/do the old content

They also should re-vamp all the old raids, but leave the originals as an option, i think they should have gave us the option for deadmines, sfk etc. Imangine if Molten Core could be updated to 90+, make it into a 10 or 15 man raid, new loot, or vanity loot, keep the original drops the same but add new stuff too, more pets, mounts, give us a reason to run them again, properly (not just soloing them) hell all they would need to do is add loot/stuff to drops, and scale their health to mop levels (like molten giants instead of having 120k health...have like 5 mill or 10 million, and hit as hard as they should for a level 90 raid mob) I'd be happy with just scaling the old raids, would be rather simple to do imo.

/endrant

Honestly, anyone who goes for their Loremaster title is already ahead of the pack. Also, it helps if you have been playing through every expansion as you had more time at max level to grind rep with raids (like MC, AQ40, Firelands, etc). Not sure what people just don't get about this game. You roll a character, that character either maxxes out cause you put in the effort, or they are a lvl 90 raid beast with 2500 achievement points. It's just like gear from VP or toys from Archaeology. If you want it, put in the effort. You should not have it just handed away like a leftover lunch.

Just my take on it. Each toon is an individual and the only thing account wide titles and mounts did was make people even more needy for account wide items and rep.