Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Valor capped but no reputation

Hello,

I recently acquired 3,000 over 3 weeks and been holding on to it. I cant grind rep because I am a prot/holy paladin aand have no ret gear. It tkaes FOREVER to kill a mob I mean forever like a minute at 800k- 1.1 mil health. So now I cant/wont farm the rep. Now im hearing no more gear upgrades for the next tier so now im screwed. I dont want to waste 3000 valor in +8 item levels, no just no, but also since I have no rep exect klaxxi-honored. Now what do I do? I just wish I could convert valor to conquest or blizzard removed rep from valor

10+ Year Old Account
    You could buy some ret gear, I guess. It doesn't take long to gear up through heroics, especially if you queue as tank. You'll be rolling in heroic tank gear. Same with LFR.

Prot is easy dont just pull one mob at 90 with gear its so easy to pull huge mobs and burn them down, vengeance builds up and you take them down just like a dps spec would, same with my druid i have a boomkin spec but i find it easier and faster to go bear pull an assload of mobs and burn them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get dps gear in heroics/LFR/scenarios, along with buying some Ret gear with justice points(it opens up at friendy so you get it by default almost), proceed to Dailys if you are intrested in the gear, profit.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-15 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Prot is easy dont just pull one mob at 90 with gear its so easy to pull huge mobs and burn them down, vengeance builds up and you take them down just like a dps spec would, same with my druid i have a boomkin spec but i find it easier and faster to go bear pull an assload of mobs and burn them down.
    o.O My mains a boomkin, I can aoe the crap outta lots of mobs, moonfire/sunfire em up, hit starfall, chuck a rejuv on and fire up barkskin, then hurricane till dead! I love my boomie for that exact reason, can totally annhilate decent sized groups of mobs!

OT: OP, you could always as others have mentioned, farm some heroics and grab some ret gear if you feel ret would be better for you doing dailies than prot is. can even pick up some 450 gear off the AH to get started!

You can also dps decently in prot gear, just go get s decent 2h weapon and go to town. The mobs also dont have 800k-1mil health, its like 345k. Only special mobs have anywhere near that much health.

This sort of complaint frustrates me. There are a thousands ways to play the game, and you've chosen a path (prot/holy paladin) that gives you results you don't like (dailies aren't fun).

Either find things to do that aren't dailies, or change your spec. It's really that simple.

I'm curious -- how are you getting 1,000 valor points each week without doing dailies? If you're raiding that you can cap without doing dailies, why are concerned with getting faction gear? Raid gear is generally equivalent or better.

I do dailies as prot. i pull probably 5 or 6 mobs each time if possible, no less than 3

edit: faster than my resto druid in boomkin spec (and safer)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiifty View Post
    Hello,

I recently acquired 3,000 over 3 weeks and been holding on to it. I cant grind rep because I am a prot/holy paladin aand have no ret gear. It tkaes FOREVER to kill a mob I mean forever like a minute at 800k- 1.1 mil health. So now I cant/wont farm the rep. Now im hearing no more gear upgrades for the next tier so now im screwed. I dont want to waste 3000 valor in +8 item levels, no just no, but also since I have no rep exect klaxxi-honored. Now what do I do? I just wish I could convert valor to conquest or blizzard removed rep from valor
    As a fellow prot pally DON"T pull one at a time if you can help it. Even with blues/greens you should be able to handle 5-6 lvl 90 mobs at a time.

I'm a tank/healer too (monk, in my case). Never had any problems with dailies - most let you pull a dozen mobs at a time. The Golden Lotus ones, I can often do an entire set of quests with a single extended pull.

I've also done it in my blood DK; it makes dailies a lot more fun than they would otherwise be.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiifty View Post
    I cant grind rep because I am a prot/holy paladin aand have no ret gear.
    My namesake character is a holy paladin, and has plenty of rep after doing dailies w. shockadin glyphs. Sure it's a bit slow, but it's quite doable. I even leveled him in that spec.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by octoprism View Post
    This sort of complaint frustrates me. There are a thousands ways to play the game, and you've chosen a path (prot/holy paladin) that gives you results you don't like (dailies aren't fun).

Either find things to do that aren't dailies, or change your spec. It's really that simple.

I'm curious -- how are you getting 1,000 valor points each week without doing dailies? If you're raiding that you can cap without doing dailies, why are concerned with getting faction gear? Raid gear is generally equivalent or better.
    I haven't done dailies in weeks, ever since hitting exalted with all of the reps on my main.

I've valor capped 3 toons fine. Hell, my rogue hit 90 on Sunday, and capped the 1k last night.

LFR, Dungeons, Scenarios.

And the OP makes a valid point. They're forcing people to roll DPS or spend hours doing dailies to get the rep for valor gear.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

In 5.0, VP were used for 1 thing and 1 thing only: Buying VP items
    In 5.1, VP could also be used to upgrade items.

You said you don't want to feel like wasting the VP upgrading existing items by 8 iLvL, so that only leaves the VP items.

VP items are only available via faction reps.

So was this thread about wanting to buy VP items without daily grinding? Because if so, there's plenty of them out there.

its a troll or a moron.

holy dps is fine for questing, prot is fine to aoe them...

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting other posters. If you have a different opinion from someone else just say so without going the extra mile to insult them - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-15 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    And the OP makes a valid point. They're forcing people to roll DPS or spend hours doing dailies to get the rep for valor gear.
    No they don't. Prot spec is far superior dps in solo content compared to any dps spec. Even disc is far better than shadow for questing.

Guess I do Operation sheildwall now thanks guys ill pull more mobs
    Last edited by Swiifty; 2013-01-15 at 06:59 PM.

Because you really think it's better to do dailies as ret?

I hated it so much that I leveled enabling my RAF account using a shadow priest and putting my paladin on follow. (did 85-90 as ret on beta)

Blizzard destroyed ret paladins solo play in 5.0, it's annoying as hell to have to quest and not being able to have inquisition up before the mobs die, and having none no-target AoE now that Divine Storm requires holy power.

And this is why I swapped to my monk. Horrible horrible solo play... and I was ret paladin for 5 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Because you really think it's better to do dailies as ret?

I hated it so much that I leveled enabling my RAF account using a shadow priest and putting my paladin on follow. (did 85-90 as ret on beta)

Blizzard destroyed ret paladins solo play in 5.0, it's annoying as hell to have to quest and not being able to have inquisition up before the mobs die, and having none no-target AoE now that Divine Storm requires holy power.

And this is why I swapped to my monk. Horrible horrible solo play... and I was ret paladin for 5 years.
    Shadow isn't any better though, use Disc. Mobs will then die more than twice as fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot is amazing for doing dailies. You can pull as much as you want and never run the risk of dying.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Meh, I quested entirely from 85-90 on my freshly dinged 90 Warrior as prot, and I love doing Klaxxi dailies as prot, least until I hit exalted in ~4 days to get the 489 ring + 463 weapon (Will be my 5th 90 to do so).

Sure, my single target damage on a mob sucks balls, but the key to questing as a tank is not single pulling mobs.