Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not more content, they are taking the content that used to come in 1 raid patch and removing all the non-raid stuff and moving it into smaller patches released a little earlier. So you get the same amount of content, just every 3-4 months instead of every 6-8 months. It's a good strategy, but by no means are they expending any extra effort than they ever did before (except during Vanilla which is the last time they worked hard to earn subscriptions).

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    This goes by what I predicted about MoP; that it would have more patches more often.
    this goes by what blizzard said they were going to do this expansion.
    5.0 comes out, ~ 2 months later small content patch 5.1
    5.1 comes out, ~ 4 months later large content patch with raid 5.2
    5.2 comes out, ~ 2 months later small content patch 5.3
    5.3 comes out, ~ 4 months later large content patch with raid 5.4

Staggering the release of content is a great strategy from Blizz. It's good to see them living up to what they said they would do.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    They have already said numerous times that they are shooting for 3 tiers per expansion.

Keep in mind that expansion are also coming out faster (what they plan).
    They wanted MoP out early. It got 2 months.

So we're still looking at a repeat of DS, 8+ months of no new content because "New expansion."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    This goes by what I predicted about MoP; that it would have more patches more often.
    What's a prediction, when Blizzard said it themselves that they going to go for more patches, to keep a fresher feel of content in the game?

Ragefire Chasm will be one of the new heroic dungeons, whenever they add them in MoP, which looks awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They wanted MoP out early. It got 2 months.

So we're still looking at a repeat of DS, 8+ months of no new content because "New expansion."
    No we are not....
    They breaking new content into higher interval of patch releases. So far they live up to it.

Deleted
    As long as we see more stuff than a handful of dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    don't care till they give me back a way to gear up my alts to do lfr in a few days instead of weeks/months.
    Not seeing the problem.
    My first alt (priest) hit 90 a couple of weeks ago and was in LFR by the end of the week. Ran 6 dungeons and 8 scenarios. Got Sha boots. Crafted two 476 tailoring pieces. Upgraded a 463 weapon with Justice Points. NO valor gear.
    My husband just did the same with his Mage.
    Why does it take you weeks or months?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    One thing I'd love to see in 5.3 is solo Challenge Modes. Merging Scenarios with Challenge Modes, you have a set number of tasks and are on a timer, gear gets scaled down. They could have a Naxxramas one, with the chance of the old meta drakes dropping if you beat the timer, or something similar. Basically if it's on the BMAH they should at least give us the chance at using skill to get a hold of these things again.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Not seeing the problem.
    My first alt (priest) hit 90 a couple of weeks ago and was in LFR by the end of the week. Ran 6 dungeons and 8 scenarios. Got Sha boots. Crafted two 476 tailoring pieces. Upgraded a 463 weapon with Justice Points. NO valor gear.
    I'm starting to think that these people are lying that they have had little to no drops, maybe out of frustration that they still don't have a weapon or a piece of tier. I've not ran LFR religiously on several chars and I already have at least 2 piece on each one, most are over if not close to 480ilvl too, and only 1 char has ever used coins (my main).

There was a guy in LFR the other day crying that he hadn't received an item yet, turns out it was his second LFR run... This is the problem, far too many people complaining when they have no reason to.

So long as it has some instances, i'm happy.

5.2 = New Raid
    5.3 = New Instance(s)

So that we have at least something to do, and I mind neither raids or instances.

15+ Year Old Account
    For 5.3 i hope we get a bunch of 5mans, hoping for 4-5 new ones, 3 or less is to little, see ZA/ZG or Dragon Soul 5mans
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Unless they add more than just a daily hub and a meh thing to do on the side (Brawler's guild is fun for about an hour or so, then it gets meh), I can't say I agree with this being "far better". I'm not expecting a raid tier or anything, but maybe a dungeon or some questline (THAT ISN'T TIED TO A DAILY HUB) or some random fun thing to do (Dailies aren't considered 'fun things').

I feel like if they made Brawler's guild give some decent rewards at rank 7-8, I'd actually be pushed to do them, and that might have been enough content (that, or gating you to 1 rank a week, but you're still allowed to fight ANY of the bosses you've killed previously). Once I hit 7, I just stopped because it didn't feel worth it, plus it got boring.
    So basically, because something doesn't take a larger time investment (see: raiding), and your personal taste disagrees with it (see: dailies, in your case), it's not content, and thereby wasted effort.

By your logic, I got bigger gripes than you, given I don't give a lick at all for PvP in any format. But I don't go around griping cause they "waste time" in regards to both content development (see: Battlegrounds, Arenas) and class balance (see: PvE affected by PvP Balance).

The game caters to a WIDE variety of players nowadays. It isn't like Vanilla or TBC when all there was to do was Raid or BG. And it isn't WotLK where raiding was a two-stage job that burnt people out. No feature is going to appeal to EVERYONE, and no update is going to fulfill everyone's needs.

Guess what? To me, I find a new daily hub somewhat interesting, and the story it progresses even moreso. August Celestials was the most boring of them all, given there wasn't even an end-questline. Shado-Pan was okay, but it ONLY had the final quest (fun though). Klaxxi had a little bit of extra work as you hit Honoured and Revered (to unlock more Paragons) before the final story mark at Exalted. Golden Lotus had a bit of story each rep tier, which was good. Then you got Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall: 5 dailies a day (which is hardly "work" once you've done em once or twice), and a new storyline quest almost every other day.

Now, if you don't care about Lore either, then yeah, maybe you might wanna look elsewhere to fulfill your gaming fix. It is an MMORPG. The MMO part would be your raid/PvP environments. The RPG part would be the story and lore. Kinda need to have both.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Great. So we're looking at SoO at the earliest being late this year. Later yet if Blizz is smart and goes for 4 tiers.
    I put up speculated timeline in another thread about how they could easily have 4 raid tiers if they don't dick around and have the same kind of huge delay between tiers like Firelands/DS.

But basically, if 5.2 comes roughly 3 months after 5.1 (Late Feb, basically), that will be 5 months of the 5.0 raids. If 5.3 follows 2 months after that, then 5.4 follows 3 months after that, that will be 5 months of the 5.2 raid, and only 10 months in the expac total, WAAAAAY too early for the SoO.

So I expect the cycle to repeat once more with a 5.4 raid, a 5.5 content patch, and then 5.6 being the final Mists patch with the SoO. 5 months later, we'll be ready for the 6.0 pre-expac patch, giving Mists a 20 month cycle, which fits in their stated goal of ~18-20 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Not seeing the problem.
    Yeah, I went ahead to prove a point to people:

My Warlock alt hit 90. I got Exalted w/ Golden Lotus (does take 2 weeks) and Klaxxi (takes all of 5 days). Got a couple drops from MSP Normal, not a single Heroic or Scenario run. About half of her gear is BoE/BoA. A world drop 450 belt, a rare spawn set of epic pants, crafted chest, gloves, staff (Lock is a Scribe), Archy trinket, Eng trinket. The rest is ALL quest rewards. Two epics (Exalted Klaxxi and GL), the rest is greens/blues from Dread Wastes. Guess what? Before I even made a Relic of Yu'lon for her, I was 460 and in LFR. With NO RUNS AT ALL. Aside from the 450 world belt and to a lesser extent 440 rare spawn pants, everything was 100% sourced from locations I could control. I did buy 2 JP items (leftover JP from Cata/normals while leveling): Cloak and Bracers. Not what I would consider farming by any measure.

My next 90, I will open ZERO factions once I hit 90, and do JUST scenarios or JUST heroics, to see how long it takes, doing X runs a day. Why? Just to see how good/bad RNG is (Keep in mind: Scenarios work best if you play a class with a single armor type used: Mage, Warlock, Priest, Rogue, Hunter. Everyone else has at least 2 different armor types, for different roles, since the contents of the Cache can be for any role you play, not just the one you are spec'd as).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    There's always some new bad guy to resurrect
    ORGRIMMAR WAS MERELY A SETBACK!

On a more serious note, I think this is a very good way of keeping the PvE content fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    ORGRIMMAR WAS MERELY A SETBACK!

On a more serious note, I think this is a very good way of keeping the PvE content fresh.
    Hahahaha, i would love to see Kaelthas again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    So I expect the cycle to repeat once more with a 5.4 raid, a 5.5 content patch, and then 5.6 being the final Mists patch with the SoO. 5 months later, we'll be ready for the 6.0 pre-expac patch, giving Mists a 20 month cycle, which fits in their stated goal of ~18-20 months.
    They have been saying they want to reduce time between expansions since they released TBC, but yet we end up with a year of ICC and 8 months of DS, you think they're going to fit in 4 tiers in 18-20 months? Naive, I say. If they do I will be incredibly surprised, but at the same time the 3rd raid tier will be a shitty filler raid most likely and suck, and not be compelling lore wise. Plus, SoO sounds like a DS repeat with the rehashed zoning, which so many people hated (lets hope the final fight is better).

If they add new daily quests in, I dont really care here nor there, but it would be nice for them to increase the rep the old dailies give so a newer player isn't overwhelmed. The dailies are really just about keeping you busy and give you something to work towards until the next content comes out, so making the other factions easier to obtain would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i think its a good thing

more content and less time waiting

good...good
    Uh, how does this person have 12k posts.

That's just insane.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    There's always some new bad guy to resurrect
    il go for ilidan must be ilidan... BT scenario?.... a clue