Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    To be absolutely honest, in really low elo it is.
    In low elo you're right, though many things go into getting kills, like warding in their jungle or something like that. If you are playing with people you recognize to be not that great the most important thing to do is to get picks in the jungle or something. It can be difficult to get a team to capitalize on the brief advantage you have, but if you force a 5v4 or take a tower you should come out ahead.

But to answer the OP, mid or jungle. They have the most presence in the early game, and many games are pretty much decided withing ten minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    In low elo you're right, though many things go into getting kills, like warding in their jungle or something like that. If you are playing with people you recognize to be not that great the most important thing to do is to get picks in the jungle or something. It can be difficult to get a team to capitalize on the brief advantage you have, but if you force a 5v4 or take a tower you should come out ahead.

But to answer the OP, mid or jungle. They have the most presence in the early game, and many games are pretty much decided withing ten minutes.
    5/0 @10minutes in: "Waa-waa we're 5 to nothing, GG WP, NOOB TEAM. REPORT.". I love these wins, huehue. ^_^

Especially when people start crying about getting camped "OMG Noob need help from jungler! GG My jungler never ganks!". My response is always "I saw a freekill and took advantage of your stupidity, bye."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    5/0 @10minutes in: "Waa-waa we're 5 to nothing, GG WP, NOOB TEAM. REPORT.". I love these wins, huehue. ^_^

Especially when people start crying about getting camped "OMG Noob need help from jungler! GG My jungler never ganks!". My response is always "I saw a freekill and took advantage of your stupidity, bye."
    Even if it's not from negative attitudes, there are often games where you are in complete control from like 10 minutes onward. It might take awhile to cement the victory but as long as you don't do stupid things your team is pretty much guaranteed to win.

People who say jungle havent been playing league for a long time... If u have lanes that feed then theres nothing u can do as a jungler since u will be against stronger opponents then they normally are and since u jungle ur naturally lower lvl / have less gold so the difference would be ever larger... If i play toplane and own my lane i can easily 1vs2 when they jungler comes to gank me so pls dont tell me a jungler can carry lol, u come and fight me , feed me more and make ur team lose even more!

Top and Bot are defently the best carry lanes.
    Mid because you can go top and bot for free kills & even help invading jungle .
    Top because you will become such a beefcake that you can either make a huge difference in a fight by taking out their carries , ad + ap out pretty fast , making it a 4vs5 or just defend your carries so they can live much longer. + as top you will be naturally stronger then other lanes so you can make big plays , you will get the "initiator" role aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Mid and Jungle. In my opinion you have the most freedom.

Mid- If you are doing well and stomping your opponent, you are free to roam and help/gank other lanes. Conversely, of you are doing bad, both top and bot can roam and gank for you.

Jungle - A lot harder, yu are sort of on your own, but don't always have an active "opponent." The problem is, if you get countered early, its much harder to recover and subsequently get blamed. Junglers also get bitching at the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    People who say jungle havent been playing league for a long time... If u have lanes that feed then theres nothing u can do as a jungler since u will be against stronger opponents then they normally are and since u jungle ur naturally lower lvl / have less gold so the difference would be ever larger... If i play toplane and own my lane i can easily 1vs2 when they jungler comes to gank me so pls dont tell me a jungler can carry lol, u come and fight me , feed me more and make ur team lose even more!

Top and Bot are defently the best carry lanes.
    Mid because you can go top and bot for free kills & even help invading jungle .
    Top because you will become such a beefcake that you can either make a huge difference in a fight by taking out their carries , ad + ap out pretty fast , making it a 4vs5 or just defend your carries so they can live much longer. + as top you will be naturally stronger then other lanes so you can make big plays , you will get the "initiator" role aswell.
    *Derpface*

Firebert 2.0?

sorry what?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    sorry what?
    He's facepalming and telling you to get a grip on your facts, and for a good reason.

Read through the argumentation and facts provided by everyone thus far in this topic instead of making yourself look stupid.

Deleted
    He's facepalming and telling you to get a grip on your facts, and for a good reason.

Read through the argumentation and facts provided by everyone thus far in this topic instead of making yourself look stupid.

well yes and no.

the argument "you can carry as a jungler" only holds true if you get kills or any of the lanes carry themselves due to the advantage you got them.

you will always have a lot less gold than any proficiently farming laner and should always be weaker than them unless of course your particular champion is strong against them/they got shut down hard.

if you want to treat this as a 1v5 game and only rely on yourself you can carry playing mid, top or bot. you can't carry by yourself as support or jungle as you then have to rely on someone to take advantage of what you give them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    well yes and no.

the argument "you can carry as a jungler" only holds true if you get kills or any of the lanes carry themselves due to the advantage you got them.

you will always have a lot less gold than any proficiently farming laner and should always be weaker than them unless of course your particular champion is strong against them/they got shut down hard.

if you want to treat this as a 1v5 game and only rely on yourself you can carry playing mid, top or bot. you can't carry by yourself as support or jungle as you then have to rely on someone to take advantage of what you give them.
    Yeah, but I wish anyone good luck trying to play LoL as 1v5 and come out on top. Reason why I am advocating mid and jungle as the best lanes for carrying is because they give the most impact on the entire map during early and mid-game; and it's at those stages that most low-to-mid elo games are decided. Win the lane(If the player in question is as good as they believe themselves to be, that is way above the Elo they're in) and help the team win one or two more lanes by proficient ganking/roaming.

Top might end up being a beast late game if you dominate the lane hard, but even an Olaf ain't gonna 1v5 if the rest of the team did not do well; the same goes for bot. Jungler might have less direct impact on late game, but they have a lot of indirect impact by helping equally-matched, or even losing, lanes tip the balance in their favour and get ahead. A bit similar for the standard mid AP carry - not all that powerful late game, but can indirectly have heavy impact by helping top and bot get fed.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-01-19 at 05:03 AM.

Yeah, but I wish anyone good luck trying to play LoL as 1v5 and come out on top. Reason why I am advocating mid and jungle as the best lanes for carrying is because they give the most impact on the entire map during early and mid-game; and it's at those stages that most low-to-mid elo games are decided. Win the lane(If the player in question is as good as they believe themselves to be, that is way above the Elo they're in) and help the team win one or two more lanes by proficient ganking/roaming.
    In season 2 this would be totally true. In season 3 where map is full of wards and oracle's is no longer a good early game purchase there really are better positions than jungle to carry games with. Or at least way easier lines to carry games with.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle without a doubt... Well that's not entirely true. Carry junglers without a doubt and Darius, Darius is hands down the best jungler I've played in solo queue. Granted he gets banned every so often but usually if he's not banned I take him and man is he good. Buy a sightstone after your wriggles and boots and just laugh at people with your damage and vision, he's amazing in the jungle and I recommend anyone to go practice him there and get used to him. Talk about man mode.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    In season 2 this would be totally true. In season 3 where map is full of wards and oracle's is no longer a good early game purchase there really are better positions than jungle to carry games with. Or at least way easier lines to carry games with.
    The bolded point relies HEAVILY on elo - at least around 1300 only bot is usually warded well. :)

Well, I still personally prefer mid if I get to choose my lane(Which is rare, as I find calling out the roles in the way that would actually get it for me god damn obnoxious. >.>).

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Jungle without a doubt... Well that's not entirely true. Carry junglers without a doubt and Darius, Darius is hands down the best jungler I've played in solo queue. Granted he gets banned every so often but usually if he's not banned I take him and man is he good. Buy a sightstone after your wriggles and boots and just laugh at people with your damage and vision, he's amazing in the jungle and I recommend anyone to go practice him there and get used to him. Talk about man mode.
    I agree that he is a viable jungler and let's be honest... you dont need to practice jungling with him. Pressing q and autoattacking minions mindlessly doesn't make him any harder to play than any other jungler. I might have missunderstood you but it sounded like Darius hard. It's more a thing of understanding the jungle and knowing what to do which you need for every jungler

About the sightstone: I really like the item but I'm not sure if it is the right item to snowball you ahead. It wont make your jungle faster and neither will it make you a lot tankier. It is an amazing item to stay ahead once you managed to get an early lead but even then I'd only buy it if your lanes are too stupid to ward for themselves although you asked them to. You dont need to ward their jungle all the time. 1 Ward all the time (talk with mid so both wraith entrances are covered or just ward the other entrance when one is warded) and an occasional ward at buffs when you know buffs will respawn are enough. That would be an average of 1.6 wards per 3minutes [1 permanent, 1 ward every 5min] or 6.67 gp10 (let's say you ward things which are not really necessary and round it up to 7gp10 => you need 16min and 40sec to have the sightstone pay off. A very long time). Looks nice but considering you will fall behind in gold as a jungler and it doesn't really help you do your job (stand in the frontline, soak some damage etc) which would make forcing objectives easier. I guess thinking about it I'd hardly ever get the sightstone as a jungler.

PS: My point of view might be totally wrong due to exactly 0 sleep. If i'm wrong tell me

Best adc is Cait with Nunu!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaklinatel View Post
    Best adc is Cait with Nunu!
    Awesome, but that wasn't the question. Before jumping in, I suggest you read the threads.

Well it's certainly not support QQ

Possible, but requires zen like patience and I spend half the game trying to be morale officer and set up / cc good fights. I wouldn't recommend it unless you deeply love support :<

Deleted
    In theory you can have the most impact on the game thru jungling or mid-laning. Jungling can become really, really difficult tho if all of your lanes are magicly losing or have no CC to support your ganks. But at least you have control over most objectives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    In theory you can have the most impact on the game thru jungling or mid-laning. Jungling can become really, really difficult tho if all of your lanes are magicly losing or have no CC to support your ganks. But at least you have control over most objectives. :)
    I think that's what most of us forgot here.
    Make sure the time investment you'd need in order to learn the role to such an extent as to reliably dominate in it is worth it, whichever lane has the strongest carry potential. After all, no matter how strong of an impact jungle has on early and mid-game I damn sure am not going to make good use of it, for example. >.>

It's all fine to discuss theoretical possibilities, but this thread is still a question and a request for help from an individual. :)

Deleted
    I think that's what most of us forgot here.
    Make sure the time investment you'd need in order to learn the role to such an extent as to reliably dominate in it is worth it, whichever lane has the strongest carry potential. After all, no matter how strong of an impact jungle has on early and mid-game I damn sure am not going to make good use of it, for example. >.>

It's all fine to discuss theoretical possibilities, but this thread is still a question and a request for help from an individual.
    Damn good thing I find jungling much more fun than laning <3!