Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Holy is more than fine for LFR or 10man normals.

Disc is OP atm and gets nerfed in 5.2 anyways, also H.Paladins are pretty good as well.
    Most healers are pretty balanced overall with some fights just leaning towards a specific healer (whole HoF leans alot towards disc tho).
    Holy only needs a slight buff in mana regeneration as throughput is good enough compared to otherhealers, but once you get familiar with ur friendly blue bar than there is no issues on normal diff.

Just go with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so it seems the topic has spiraled into "Is holy viable for HM progression". So I am going to answer in relation to that. Viable as in capable of success, yes. Optimal / sustainable - no. It all boils down min-maxxing and utility, with the properties that absorption mechanics offers in terms of negating aspects of an encounter, holy offers no competitive advantage to disc currently.

In my opinion, holy's signature apart from the huge toolbox which has traditionally left us a bit jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none is really the capability of a huge reactive HPS burst. Coupled with arguably the worst mana-management of all the healing specs it's abit like having a ferrari and be forced to putter around in 30km/h becuase as soon as you put the pedal to the metal you will run out of gas. This is what in my opinion makes holy non sustainable for high-end progression. There is no other other class that can't take that niche and do it almost as good (if not better) while bringing more utility in terms of raid cd's, higher sustained HPS and better mana longevity.

I play in a casual 10/25 guild and since MoP came out I was set on holy. I never got quite caught up to our disc priest on logs, but I was always second on the meters out of 6 healers total (most fights). I recently swapped to disc and I refused to go back. Needless to say, my heals went through the roof. SIGNIFICANTLY.

The amount of mitigation is just insane right now. Yes, you can go with holy and be on par with the other healers and kill bosses, but disc is just too strong in comparison. And honestly, atonement healing is just fun =)

But ya, play what you like. If you aren't pushing hardmodes, have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishtara View Post
    And honestly, atonement healing is just fun =)
    How is targeting the boss and pressing 3 buttons fun? It requires no thought, skill or any sort of brain power.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    How is targeting the boss and pressing 3 buttons fun? It requires no thought, skill or any sort of brain power.

Kinda like every single DPS spec in the game amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Kinda like every single DPS spec in the game amirite?
    Which is why I play a healer :P

At least dps have dots, cds, etc. but there's really nothing to use in that sense for Atonement healing. Atonement on SW:P and we'll talk -then it would require the thought of whether or not it was worth it to multidot or just single target, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Which is why I play a healer :P

At least dps have dots, cds, etc. but there's really nothing to use in that sense for Atonement healing. Atonement on SW:P and we'll talk -then it would require the thought of whether or not it was worth it to multidot or just single target, etc.
    Why are you taking the false position that atonement healing is only trying to dps and not being a real healer? It's not dps... it's maximizing smart heals for periods of low raid dmg when you aren't prepping SS for an incoming dmg burst. Without atonement healing, we would be left with overhealing or Heal spam. When compared to Heal spam... Atonement is amazing fun.

Quote Originally Posted by immergruen View Post
    Why are you taking the false position that atonement healing is only trying to dps and not being a real healer? It's not dps... it's maximizing smart heals for periods of low raid dmg when you aren't prepping SS for an incoming dmg burst. Without atonement healing, we would be left with overhealing or Heal spam. When compared to Heal spam... Atonement is amazing fun.
    In my opinion it's not very fun. But I also don't really enjoy any aspect of Disc except that on farm content it makes other healers QQ because there's nothing to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Holy is perfectly viable. The only thing is Disc is currently in a better and stronger place than Holy, so majority of priests are Disc.
    This. Disc just steals the show because absorbs are so freaking good.

I have never done anything with Disc as I just don't enjoy the play style. I love Holy and it has always worked perfectly fine for me. You just need to know how to play properly and when to use what spells and such. There is always going to be one healer ahead of another, and this will generally vary from fight to fight. Blizzard is trying to get things balanced as best they can, but it's crazy hard with so many variables. I did just start up again recently with MoP but Holy seems perfectly fine and is just as fun as ever. Go with whatever spec you enjoy the most, you'll be able to do anything you want, end of story.

Deleted
    I just got a question: is it possible to have a HPriest+RestoDruid in a raid? I'm currently playing disc, but i'm a little familiar with the holy spec since i started raiding with it when my healing mate was a paladin. Now I'm afraid we'll step on each other's toes and cause a lot of overheals with our respective hots, and I also wonder if tank healing won't be a little problematic. What do you guys think?

What is the proper stat priority now and possibly going into 5.2?

Int>Spirit>Haste to Renew Glyph cap>Mastery>Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by CnQuiZ View Post
    I just got a question: is it possible to have a HPriest+RestoDruid in a raid? I'm currently playing disc, but i'm a little familiar with the holy spec since i started raiding with it when my healing mate was a paladin. Now I'm afraid we'll step on each other's toes and cause a lot of overheals with our respective hots, and I also wonder if tank healing won't be a little problematic. What do you guys think?
    A Hpriest and Rdruid combo isn't optimal, but its possible. It depends, imo, on your communication among other things. I've seen many healers who simply don't communicate, therefore they waste their cds at the same time, causing major issues later in the fight, HoTing the same people and overheal a lot. Are you two healing most fights? For tank healing you probably have some issues (though I think despite what many seem to think, holy in serenity chakra can be an OK tank healer), and if you don't have a disc/pally/shammy 3rd healer who can take care of the tanks a bit better, deffo go disc.