Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I didn't read the thread so excuse me if I'm giving repeated information. Other tank and I get a side each, I put down a image teleport ghost whatever on his side earlier in the fight. When the adds come out I go over to my side and drop a keg smash amongst them, teleport to the other side and start chucking brews until all the windblades are on me. The other tank takes the reavers while I just run around throwing brews. The rest of the raid makes two amber traps, traps the two reavers at which points the windblades leave to break the traps and we all dps/stun them down before they can. Reavers die to traps and then we kill the boss. Cya fight.

Yeah, my question is also on dps targets? W are struggling with adds but our best attempt saw the windblades go down right as shek'zeer re emerged, with no traps formed (4/5) and one reaver still up which took a lot of time to dps down while boss was up. Easy to say that 1 more amber and we would have been fine, but that was probably our best effort.

So should windblades be aoe'd, or focused when they fixate on someone? I imagine killing them off quick is key to tank survival, at least 2-3 of them. Ignore reavers as a dps target? I will try to get the druid symbiosis though. I am still a bit low on gear but I think not far off the rest of the raid. Would you say gear makes a big difference on this one?

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 11:26 AM ----------

Also does amber do anything stupid like hit xuen or pets or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Yeah, my question is also on dps targets? W are struggling with adds but our best attempt saw the windblades go down right as shek'zeer re emerged, with no traps formed (4/5) and one reaver still up which took a lot of time to dps down while boss was up. Easy to say that 1 more amber and we would have been fine, but that was probably our best effort.

So should windblades be aoe'd, or focused when they fixate on someone? I imagine killing them off quick is key to tank survival, at least 2-3 of them. Ignore reavers as a dps target? I will try to get the druid symbiosis though. I am still a bit low on gear but I think not far off the rest of the raid. Would you say gear makes a big difference on this one?

Also does amber do anything stupid like hit xuen or pets or anything?
    If you're struggling on DPS, it might be best to take the 2 reavers out of the group, and aoe all of the little ones down.
    If a little one fixates on someone, ignore it and let that person kite it around.
    The idea is to leave 1 little guy up so he can make 2 traps while you spend the rest of the time nuking the reavers.
    Pull a reaver into a trap each, and violá, both reavers are dead.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Sorry to be asking a basic encounter question, but if there is only one windblade up, does that result in the same amount of amber as if they were all up? Or more windblades = more amber?

Have a hunter Misdirect multishot one side to you while you Dizzing Haze them once, transcendence to the other side, and replace a new transcendence, have the other tank single threat the Reaver after your dizzying haze lands and taunt the Reaver on your side. You should have all the Windblades by now triangulate your position so the both sides of the Windblade now stack up, continue to dizzying haze, select the Windblade which is falling back the most, Clash them to stun all Keg Smash, Breath of Fire, Leg Sweep, Double Jab, Guard, Fortifying Brew, Niuzao + Elusive Brew, Double Jab, BoK, SCK until you can't take the heat no more roll out Dizzying Haze kite and wait for Crash/Leg Sweep to be up again.

Also kite it away from the other tank, have the other tank stand near your transcendence spirit, transcendence back to get Poison Soaked Buff without putting the other tank in jeopardy. Like many have said DPS down the Windblades until you have 2 Traps for the Reavers, preferably 3 Traps one more should you hit phase 2 again, and not need to wait that long for another trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Sorry to be asking a basic encounter question, but if there is only one windblade up, does that result in the same amount of amber as if they were all up? Or more windblades = more amber?
    I believe you want 2 Windblades up ideally if you are going to try and get both Reavers trapped before Empress is back. We usually end up with only 1 alive and barely get the 2nd trap build before P1 is back. We have been pushing Hero in the first P1 to insure we only have one add phase, the burn phase doesn't seem to bad to get through.

I take one side and let them come to me with Dizzy Haze with Fort Brew + 15 stacks of Elusive Brew running. Once those are wearing off I Leg Sweep and roll away with just the Reaver on me and by the time the Windblades come out of stun and made it back to me they are already fixating or stripped away by the hunter. At this point your basically down to Reaver + 1 Windblade, if you need to get a Reaver in a trap just stand between the trap and other tank and have one of you taunt it into the trap.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcom! View Post
    Im playing BrM and on empress i normaly kite, you can waitch this video, im sorry most of teh fight is not me but in 2 phase you can se how im kiting (3min in to the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2Ee...eature=g-all-u

And here is on where you see my PoV the whole time, its with danish Vt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGy5G...ature=youtu.be
    this is so lol. i'm so stealing this thank you. got asssmashed again today. bäm bäm down. but the "kite-around-the-block" tactic is nice
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    We just killed it then relatively easily like this:

Me (BrM)
    Blood DK

We get both sides and we mark one windblade each, this windblades are burnt down immediately as a priority while we rotate cooldowns.

Once our cooldowns are over, we do a half/half tank/kiting routine, kiting just to ease the healing required to save mana.

So once those two windblades are killed rather quickly, we just focus on getting the amber traps up and whittling down the remaining windblades slowly.

Once the two amber traps are ready, we finish off our 4 windblades quickly and chuck our reavers in the traps.

For my personal CDs while I have 3 windblades and a reaver, I first keg smash, then leg sweep, once leg sweep is over, elusive brew + fort brew. If the damage gets a little spiky at that point I'll roll out, otherwise stay in and eventually also pop a survival instincts once my initial windblade dies. Then it's a matter of tanking like normal with the odd bit of short kiting to save healer mana when we feel like it.

Deleted
    Me & my paladin pal would do it this way

He gets MD from hunter on left side adds, rogue tricks all right side adds

I put up teleport thingy on the left side, I run to the right side and melee the big guy (jab), teleport to left side and taunt the second big guy

Taunt off alittle one when it's off cd (don't taunt the skull or an add fixating on raid!) So you'll be tanking 2 big ones + 1 small

pretty easy and almost impossible to fail once you got a hang of it. This also makes sure that even if you miss an add or w/e the other tank still has it and can just use another cd.

The paladin (after having no cd's left) starts to kite and whenever the first trap is ready a healer (paladin) taunts one of the big guy into the trap and paladin takes my place while I go stun+dps the little adds that are hitting the trap.

Be sure to taunt the big guy ~5-10sec before trapping so you can refresh the poison debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tanked the 2 big guys, all of the Windblades, and Left or Right side as a pack. Each method works fine though I think putting us on the big guys solo is best. Found that our natural cleave from Keg Smash results in the windblades dying to fast to form two traps or you have to negate using KS which sucks.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I've tanked the 2 big guys, all of the Windblades, and Left or Right side as a pack. Each method works fine though I think putting us on the big guys solo is best. Found that our natural cleave from Keg Smash results in the windblades dying to fast to form two traps or you have to negate using KS which sucks.
    Have the other tank taunt one out of the pack - mission accomplished. (That's how we do it).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

My guild just cleared this recently (stupid holidays kept screwing up attendance for the last month) - kiting a single side worked fine, as long as I focused only on personal survival and not on the what-if's of everything else going on. I kept worrying about the melee getting aggro or the healers being out of range, would stop to try to get more aggro or let the healers catch up, and I would get wtfpwnt if all 4 were in range with the buff. Once I popped my Fortifying Brew, did AoE for a few seconds, and ran away only to stop for Transcendence, I never died again during that phase. Now if only she'd drop my fist or if Tsulong would drop my staff...

I've found a pretty good method.

Me and the other tank both take a side. They chain stuns with the other tanks adds and quickly burn down the little guys.

On my side I'm on my own, but I've found a pretty foolproof method.

1. Pick them up with Dizzying Haze
    2. Immediately Leg Sweep
    3. Keg Smash
    4. Xuen on one of the small guys
    5. Roll away (so the one Xuen is tanking won't be buffed)

So at this point Xuen is tanking one, and another is probably fixating on the raid. I'm only tanking 1 little guy and the big guy. When add stops fixating and comes back I'll pop fortifying brew. By the time Xuen is done tanking the other sides adds are all dead. Other tank taunts one small guy off me. End result is that I only have one little guy on me for the majority of the time.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

You don't need to kite any side at all, you'll get overwhelmed if you have no idea what you are doing, or in most cases, what ability from the mobs is actually killing you. The Reavers have the poison cone, so its not too much trouble, but they hit like trucks. The real problem is the windblades, they dont hit overly hard, but the issue with them, is that they use an ability called Dispatch, and if you let that go off for too long, you're gonna die, or end up pooling Cooldowns for no reason.

There are several ways to go about it, stacking up EB before Retreat is obvious so let's assume you do that already. EB is your main CD here, and it's enough to suffice on its own. Here's a list of the abilities you NEED to use to maximize not getting gibbed;

EB
    FB
    Grapple Weapon
    GotO
    Leg Sweep
    EH
    Guard

That's it, you need to properly use those abilities for about 30 seconds, and you're in the clear, whilst taking very handleable dmg.

Start off with rushing to the mobs, with one KS (of if you are a bit cautious, dizzying haze) then tele to where you want to tank them. Right before they get to you, use Grapple Weapon on a WINDBLADE and pop EB, and start spamming SCK and KS (keep shuffle up). EB will do most of the work for you, but due to the nature of RNG, you will dip low at some point, this is when you use your Guard, which should be hypercharged because of all that vengeance. In which case you proceed to strafe, and you're topped off. (GotO healin)

Now the most important part, dealing with dispatches. If your dps is high enough, you can get away with only 1 Dispatch proccing, in which case it's easy and interruptable, however if you get more than one, and interrupt is on cooldown, that's when you use leg sweep. Be wary though, as soon as you use leg sweep, all their swing timers will get synchronized, and you either have to have a guard up to absorb it, lots of GotO orbs, or have an EH ready.

If you do this correctly, youll take about 50k DPS, and about 20k HPS to yourself, that is easily handlable by any healer. To get the hang of it, pop Surv Instincts and FB if you prefer, but it is not needed. Our paladin tank spikes to about 90k dmg taken when we do this, but he has a better fail safe due to Ardent Defender so it sort of balances out.

Also, and i can't stress this enough, do NOT DPS the reaver, dps the windreavers first, reavers either get tombed, or just used as Buff fodder for the rest of the fight, and with the amount of Vengeance we boast, we do a noticable amount of dmg even with auto attacks being the only single target dmg for that phase.

This goes without saying, but if you drop low and Guard is on CD and GotO are mature yet, just pop your EH, thatll do about 80% of your hp, the only downside (imo) is that it costs 1 SCK, which is a lot of GotO orbs and damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Do you guys find Xuen more useful? I'm thinking of using RJW on the adds.

I think his off tanking is worth more than aoe dps, considering you don't just want them all dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Do you guys find Xuen more useful? I'm thinking of using RJW on the adds.
    For normal mode I use Xuen and cast on Empress and during Hero. I prefer to tank the 2 big guys as I always have to ramp my DPS on the windblades or I'll kill them all myself practically just with Keg Smash cleaves.

Heroic mode I can see it useful as an 'off tank' during the add phase though.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Was trying to find some BrM PoV vid's with out much luck (most posted seem to be MW) and was wondering how most BrM's are handling the adds in P2?
    You can check out my POV videos at twitch.tv/thoranar for heroic empress. I'm raid leading as well so you can hear which externals I call out.

The thread is already filled with useful information i'll just add the following:

1) Be sure you have a vengeance tracker. This is useful for all fights but almost vital here. You WILL cap your vengeance tanking those adds and that's when you want to pop your guard. With 4 piece and depending on your gear you should reach 1.5 million to 2 million guard. Depending on your raids DPS, you should be able to get 2 of these guards before transitioning.
    2) Use Xuen for this. Not only is the DPS higher, but he will also offtank one of the adds. So if you're really hurting, you can pull him out and then move the pack of mobs away from the one Xuen is tanking. This will reduce the buff slightly.
    3) Be sure you go into the add phase with 35+ seconds on shuffle. This will allow you to focus on self healing, PB, and guard. Also it will allow you to SCK more which will mean more raid guard procs (for insane amounts) which will free up the healers to focus on you more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I ended up using RJW on the kill. Will try Xuen next week.

Thanks though

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to thank everyone that posted here. I was able to take all the advice here and apply it to my first Empress kill tonight. Last week I went splat every time in P2. This week it was a walk in the park and I got a lot of praise from my healers for not needing many heals.
    Plus my claw dropped!
    Thanks