Thread: Green fire hype

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    I am sick and tired of all these people complaining that green fire doesn't make sense or would look weird. Log off your Warlock and come back when you learn a bit more about their lore. If you already know why green fire exists, yet you still don't appreciate why it's green, please delete your Warlock. You want to chuck around regular fire, then play a fire mage.

Fel fire is not the same fire that exists on the planets. I don't care what the tooltips say; they are just there for the sake of mechanics. Fel fire damage is not fire damage, it is chaos damage. An injury sustained from chaotic fire does not heal. Fel fire is far more powerful than regular fire. Warlocks draw upon the power of the Twisting Nether and harness it in their spells, using it to summon demons, burn enemies, create healthstones, pacts, sacrifices, heals and shields.

The mere fact that Warlocks have been forced to use shadow and flame all this time is insulting. Fire and Shadow have their place, but a Warlock draws his power from the Nether. The energy in the Nether is Fel. Sargeras uses fel energy, Kil'jaeden uses Fel energy, Archimonde used Fel energy, almost every Warlock NPC uses Fel energy. The only ones that are lacking in this department are the players.

Too many are rerolling Warlocks since the revamp and populating the class with clueless people. When the Warlock population was low, it was at least filled with people who appreciated what a Warlock is, why they have what they have and can do what they do. This is one reason why green fire is so sought after, because it is what we should be using. Just because some FotM reroller comes along and 'doesn't get it' that doesn't mean that we are wrong and they are right.

If any of this post rustled your jimmies or hurt your feelings, please, also log off your Warlock. Pet a kitten or something.

TL;DR I hate you. Fire is red/orange/yellow. Fel fire is not that fire. It is something else entirely. It is also green.
    I need to change out of the Meta avatar now.

EDIT: Maybe this works, unless someone else grabbed it...
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-16 at 07:18 AM.

@Ornias: I love my Warlock, it's really old (7 years or so) and it was the very 2nd char I made right after my Feral Druid. As much as I love being mainly Destruction and from time to time Demonology, as much as I love the lore of the class, using demons at will, specially Mirneth, my Succubus, Corruptor's gear set, being able to solo most stuff other classes just can't even think about doing, or how unique and fun this class is.... but I have my own opinions and likes and I play my characters the way I want to, not the way you're "supposed to" or "told to", and I PREFER ORANGE FIRE and will keep it if after getting green or fel or whatever adjective you want to call that fire I won't be able to go back to orange... and I won't delete my warlock.

TL;DR: I hate people who hate people who prefer Orange/Purple/Black or whatever color over green... and even more I hate people who hate people for such a stupid thing as the color of the spells a polygonic videogame character casts.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    1: Imps draw their power from the twisting Nether too but use normal fire.
    2: Void walkers are shadow creatures that draw their power from the twisting nether. Like it or not Fire and Shadow are associated with Warlocks, Demons, and the Twisting nether in WoW.
    3: The Warlock class doesn't use fel magic and thus doesn't normally use green fire. This is why there is a whole lore and quest thing regarding this.
    4:If it was something that warlocks were supposed to be doing already then they would have just implemented the change,
    5: like they did for any other warlock class change.
    1: Imps suffer from the same issue that Warlocks do, with not having green fire. The latest Imp from Grimoire of Supremacy uses green Fel Fire.

2: Void walkers are void creatures. They are from the Void. Fel isn't the only magic within the Nether. Like I said, Fire and Shadow have their place.

3: The Warlock class doesn't use Fel magic. (Except for Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt.) Which is exactly the problem. They should be using Fel magic. The questline is an excuse to implement it.

4: Blizzard is not a fast company. They don't care about minor loose ends, nor do they care about a minority's requests. They take years to implement things with the excuse that they are working on new content. They need to dedicate a team to tying up the loose ends in the game and sort problems like this out. If you need any more examples of how slow Blizzard is, look at how long things like the Starcraft expansion, Diablo 3, Titan and the WoW movie are taking/have taken.

5: Blizzard left Destruction in a piss-poor under-performing and broken state for two thirds of Cataclysm and even when they did bring its DPS back up to par, they still kept the mechanic that most Warlocks despised; Improved Soul Fire. Blizzard does not have a good track record when it comes to changing things. Except for nerfs. They like those.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I have my own opinions and likes and I play my characters the way I want to, not the way you're "supposed to" or "told to", and I PREFER ORANGE FIRE and will keep it if after getting green or fel or whatever adjective you want to call that fire I won't be able to go back to orange... and I won't delete my warlock.
    "I am sick and tired of all these people complaining that green fire doesn't make sense or would look weird. Log off your Warlock and come back when you learn a bit more about their lore. If you already know why green fire exists, yet you still don't appreciate why it's green, please delete your Warlock. You want to chuck around regular fire, then play a fire mage."

I don't really care what people do with their characters. What I mainly care about is people coming up to us and saying that we are wrong about Fel fire being green and that it should be orange and that it 'doesn't make any sense' etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    1: Imps suffer from the same issue that Warlocks do, with not having green fire. The latest Imp from Grimoire of Supremacy uses green Fel Fire.
    The imp from Grimoire of Supremacy uses green fire because it is a Fel imp. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112866#.). Not all imps are equal. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=53491 and http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17267#. use orange fire. We know this was a conscious design choice by Blizzard because we also have imps that use green that predate two of the ones I listed. http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Impsy.jpg?c=1 was impsy prior to the the 4.0 (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47366 is the current look).

Imps do not suffer from the same issue that warlocks do. Some were designed to use to orange and some were designed to use green.
    e their place.

3: The Warlock class doesn't use Fel magic. (Except for Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt.) Which is exactly the problem. They should be using Fel magic. The questline is an excuse to implement it.
    Should only exists in your opinion. Not all demonic magic is Fel. Not all fire magic used by a demonic creature is Fel. Everything fire that a warlock uses doesn't have to be Fel by default. The original warlocks were former mages and shamans who delved deeper into the Shadow. You can't ignore "normal" fire without throwing out a portion of what Warlocks are in WoW.

5: Blizzard left Destruction in a piss-poor under-performing and broken state for two thirds of Cataclysm and even when they did bring its DPS back up to par, they still kept the mechanic that most Warlocks despised; Improved Soul Fire. Blizzard does not have a good track record when it comes to changing things. Except for nerfs. They like those.
    Irrelevant. The state of dps for an expansion or part of an expansion is completely irrelevant to the lore basis for warlocks using normal orange fire. You don't have to like but you aren't correct in your assumptions about Warlocks always and only using Fel.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

From my understanding of Warlock(Players) all Warlocks were Mages, priests or watever, most mages tho. But they got addicted to power. and the easiest way achieve power is by using the power from the Nether, that power is called "Fel", however it causes corruption to the user so nobody is able to use it without gettin mad as fuck and trying to kill shit, for that reason we use the Fel to empower our already know spells and create variations of it. Fel Fire is nothing more than Fire empowered with Fel, it still Fire. i guess Fel is indeed Chaos energy in its "pure" form, but since its too dangerous to use it alone, we use it to empower our stuff.
    But for real, it doesn't matter if your Fire is Red or green, just like mage use Arcane power to produce Fire, we use Fel power to produce Fire. Fel is a resource. you could say that our "Mana Bar" is actuall ymade of Fel energy, just like Mages mana bar are from Arcane, and druids from Nature or whatever and i'm not sure about priests. From my understanding of WoW, Mana exists only for the game itself, not for Lore. in Lore we draw energies directly from sources of power.

Well, in resume, Arcane and Fel are the same shit, the difference is that Fel is more addictive and is way more powerful and dangerous. Because of that, we can't use Fel into everything like arcane, otherwise we would get pretty fucked up, death, or corrupted. Thats why theres so many variations of already know stuff with a "Fel" touch.
    I guess the only spell in the game that, maybe, uses Fel into its pure state is the Chaos Bolt, and you can see how powerful it is on the damage it always had(yeah sometimes it was not that higher, but the idea was that it was our Nuker all the time), and the longer cast time was because you need more preparation time when dealing with something so dangerous like Fel.

Damnit, even the "in resume" is long. haha well, i'm excited about Fel Fire in the game, but i'm sad, i expected this comming as a Talent empowering our spells, the way they are puttin it its just like an Illusion spells that makes it lookslike green, not the real fel fire. But let's see, maybe they got a good explanation!

I'm really excited about warlocks gettin more lore, and even better with cosmetic rewards! i think blizzard should focus more on cosmetic stuff, i really don't care how much damage i'm doing as long as i'm having fun, and cosmetic stuff are fun imo!

Well those are my Thoughts and some things that i've somehow learned, not sure if its all Valid, but i didn't makeup anything there, i looked into some information over wikias and stuff. Except the Arcane part, i read it on some book, if i remember right Rhonin said something about it in some novel, i need to read moar!

Sorry for Typos and Bad English! D:

I'm excited for green fire, it been something I've wanted since i was running around in Outlands. I don't even play destro currently and i'm excited to see it. will probably drop demo for it after the patch. Forgive me if its already been mentioned in the thread, haven't read it all yet, but is this supposed to affect affliction or demo in any way? Just seems like a lot of work for something only one spec of one class could enjoy.

I'm excited/looking forward to it, it always seemed more fitting and glad its finally going to be a possibility.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    I'm excited for green fire, it been something I've wanted since i was running around in Outlands. I don't even play destro currently and i'm excited to see it. will probably drop demo for it after the patch. Forgive me if its already been mentioned in the thread, haven't read it all yet, but is this supposed to affect affliction or demo in any way? Just seems like a lot of work for something only one spec of one class could enjoy.
    Affliction i dont know but Demon uses quite a lot of fire spells. Hellfire as our AoE, Immo Aura and Soul Fire. Soul Fire being one of our main nukes and our only nuke <20% health. I think Demon warlocks will see green fire plenty during our rotations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Affliction i dont know but Demon uses quite a lot of fire spells. Hellfire as our AoE, Immo Aura and Soul Fire. Soul Fire being one of our main nukes and our only nuke <20% health. I think Demon warlocks will see green fire plenty during our rotations
    If http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124478 is any indication, I say Demo warlocks will be getting green fire too. Personally I'll be glad to be rid of (orange) Soul Fire, if only because it feels like Pyroblast for Warlocks.

I don't believe Affliction gets anything in this change, but frankly it's like complaining that a Shaman doesn't get a Moonkin Form update

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    If http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124478 is any indication, I say Demo warlocks will be getting green fire too. Personally I'll be glad to be rid of (orange) Soul Fire, if only because it feels like Pyroblast for Warlocks.

I don't believe Affliction gets anything in this change, but frankly it's like complaining that a Shaman doesn't get a Moonkin Form update
    Fel Rain of Fire ! For when adds are only up for a couple/few seconds ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

"I am sick and tired of all these people complaining that green fire doesn't make sense or would look weird. Log off your Warlock and come back when you learn a bit more about their lore. If you already know why green fire exists, yet you still don't appreciate why it's green, please delete your Warlock. You want to chuck around regular fire, then play a fire mage."

I don't really care what people do with their characters. What I mainly care about is people coming up to us and saying that we are wrong about Fel fire being green and that it should be orange and that it 'doesn't make any sense' etc.
    Did you even read my answer or are you just mad to those who prefer other colors just for the sake of being mad??? I have never complained at all about green fire nor have something against it, I just prefer the color I already have. You should stop telling people what to do with their warlocks (loggin out, deleting them, etc...)

As far as I recall, and I've read the whole thread, nobody in this thread has stated that Fel Fire is wrong, some of them just don't understand the reason most warlocks are excited about it. I'm not excited about it either, but I am about the whole quest chain and the lore behind.

"I want to chuck around regular fire, then stick with my actual warlock"

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    GC said : "Like some prestige rewards, it will start out a little exclusive but everyone can participate eventually."

What are your thoughts on this? I really hope its not worse than the Brawler's Guild invitation.
    maybe at first it drops in heroic thunder king, then a couple weeks later in normal, and then raid finder.

something like that might work O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Still, I hope it gets tested on the PTR, I really do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe at first it drops in heroic thunder king, then a couple weeks later in normal, and then raid finder.

something like that might work O-O
    I don't think they'll tie it to raids at all. I think the rare BoE drop from mobs farmed during dailies, and perhaps occasional BMAH listing will achieve what they're aiming for.

For the last time, you don't need to speculate about where it comes from...

In 5.1 it was supposed to drop from random mobs in Krasarang Wilds (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/92426), in 5.2 it will drop from mobs on Thunder Isle instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think the rare BoE drop from mobs farmed during dailies
    I think BOE is probably just wishful thinking on your part, so far everything we've seen points to it being BOP.
    ie, lots of grinding in our future, cause Blizzard has somehow developed the idea that grinding is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    I think BOE is probably just wishful thinking on your part, so far everything we've seen points to it being BOP.
    ie, lots of grinding in our future, cause Blizzard has somehow developed the idea that grinding is fun.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/92426
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=92426 - is not soulbound.

There has been nothing, anywhere, at any time to even remotely suggest it is BOP.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-16 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    Everything aside from the 'Use a Healthstone to bind this to you' part?

People that say Green Fire is necessary for warlocks and that orange/red fire wielding Destruction warlocks are just rehashed mages don't know much about the class in my opinion. If you're basing your views on something so superficial and undeveloped, then I think you do not play a warlock because you like the class in its essence.
    Green Fire wave never a warlock's "signature move", and normal Fire, along with SHADOW, have always been part of Destruction's arsenal (know that Spell Shadowfury?).

Green Fire is a cool addition to the game and provides something niche that will please many players or interest them into trying it out. However, it is not what the Class has FINALLY BEEN WAITING FOR or what it DESERVES.
    If you can't make the difference between a Destruction warlock and a Fire mage, well then, just go play a fire mage...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    People that say Green Fire is necessary for warlocks and that orange/red fire wielding Destruction warlocks are just rehashed mages don't know much about the class in my opinion. If you're basing your views on something so superficial and undeveloped, then I think you do not play a warlock because you like the class in its essence.
    Green Fire wave never a warlock's "signature move", and normal Fire, along with SHADOW, have always been part of Destruction's arsenal (know that Spell Shadowfury?).

Green Fire is a cool addition to the game and provides something niche that will please many players or interest them into trying it out. However, it is not what the Class has FINALLY BEEN WAITING FOR or what it DESERVES.
    If you can't make the difference between a Destruction warlock and a Fire mage, well then, just go play a fire mage...
    Its not like wielding normal fire is a "NO" for destro. However, as xpacs go on the classes evolve and since the Warlock destiny is to master the Void and the Fel and other dark arts as of now ( Old God magic, Sha(?)), it should have been about time that the class has finally "replaced" the art of using elemental fire with mastering the fel fire.
    As you can see in the latest questline that will be revealed in 5.2, we find a way to fully harness chaotic fel magic without having backlashes and completely abandoning our use of elemental fire.
    When players refer to Green Fire, they mean that this lore upgrade should have happened even since TBC, just like we learned Metamorphosis. Simple as that