Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Twelve Kingdoms
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    Shinsekai Yori

10+ Year Old Account
    I take that back. I started to watched Steins;Gate. GO WATCH IT. NOW. I CANNOT stop watching it. Please, do yourself a favor and watch it.

so i have finished steins gate, amazing, pure gold, now i need a new anime to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so i have finished steins gate, amazing, pure gold, now i need a new anime to watch

Go watch Mirai Nikki -- also called The Future Diaries.

I finished Steins Gate and I almost feel like nothing else I watch will ever be as good as it. :/ Mirai Nikki is a very good anime (can be finished in ~2days if watched moderately), and when you get to the end GO TO THE MANGA ENDING. You will be pissed off at the ending the anime provides, almost like the crew who produced it wanted to make a second season, but the manga ending picks up exactly where the anime leaves off.

I just finished Guilty Crown... and it was okay. I LOVED the first season (first 12 episodes I think... can't remember the exact number), and the producers could've done SOOO much to make the second season better. It feels like the production quality went way down after the second season came out. It was good until the last 3 episodes or so, and then it became kind of cheesy. I would rate Guilty Crown at 7/10.

TL; DR: Go watch Mirai Nikki. A very solid 9/10 anime for me (when you read the manga ending). It's also slightly dark-esque similar to Steins Gate. I would rate Mirai Nikki at about my 3rd or 4th favorite anime.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-16 at 12:42 AM.

have seen future diaries, its in my list lol, i actually also just finished watching boku tomodachi ga sukunai season 1,

15+ Year Old Account
    have seen future diaries, its in my list lol, i actually also just finished watching boku tomodachi ga sukunai season 1,
    is boku wa good? ive been considering watching it but i keep putting it off.

i enjoyed it, the plot is nothing too serious, just typical stuff, but the characters are fun when they interact with each other.

its not the best thing ive ever seen but its far from the worst, lets just say it was good enough to make me start watching season 2 which just started

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry about that, orders, I didn't look at your list. Have you watched Welcome to the NHK, Ergo Proxy, Darker than Black, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay yet?

If yes to all of those (then wow), then maybe Hellsing Ultimate or Gungrave. Maybe even Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger.

Edit: Speaking of Steins;Gate, the audio quality was amazing and the intro song I listen to all day long. Reading this comment reminded me of how much I loved the series. :3

"Deceive your "first" self, Deceive the world. This is what you must do to reach Steins;Gate. Good Luck El Psy Congroo"

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:20 PM ----------

Posting here again... Order, did you watch Ep. 25 of Steins;Gate? It's the OVA. Basically an epilogue of Steins;Gate to wrap up the end, and it's definitely worth watching. I just watched it and there is no doubt in my mind that no other anime will top Steins;Gate. What a masterpiece. If you have not watched the OVA, go watch it.

Here are the two links:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gylwoxYTbzw
    Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1gpaq1HPo
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-16 at 02:46 AM.

oh no i havent, thanks! ill watch these soon!

i have not seen NHK or ergo proxy yet.

i also havent seem hajime but to my understanding isnt that an extremely long series?
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-01-16 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger is 26 episodes long. Not too long, but watchable is a couple of days.

Edit: My suggestion to you is watch NHK first. It is not super dramatic, but is SORT OF like "a day in the life of." That is the easiest way to describe it. If you watch the first episode, you will understand. Imo, Ergo Proxy is a very intense anime meant to be watched in like 1-2 sittings. If I was in your position, I would watch NHK first as a not so intense anime and then watch Ergo Proxy.

Edit 2: Oddly enough, we seem to like the same animes. Could I see your "list" of animes you have watched... or could you recommend me any animes to watch? I haven't seen that many, but could you suggest me some animes that you thought were exceptional? Thank you
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-16 at 03:48 AM.

well i mean anything that is stared on my OP is something i found to be very good its in own genre, because i will watch almost any genre of anime as long as its good.

if you like slice of life, lucky star is phenomenal.. theres literally no plot, its just 24 episodes of the best slice of life bullshit you have ever seen lol

natsume yujin-cho is also really good, its based on ancient spirits of japan and what not and this guys, well mission to release all of them from his ownership, because he inherited them from his grandmother. i really liked this show, waiting for the next season to come out

i would also highly recommend

cowboy beebop
    samurai champloo
    fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-01-16 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    If you could describe Steins;Gate for a person that maybe wants to watch it, using only 3 words. I watched couple AMVs about it, and it seemed veeeeeeeeeeery boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger is 26 episodes long. Not too long, but watchable is a couple of days.
    why would you skip the first 75 episodes and watch the second series?

Didn't see anyone mention it but I thought "Black Jack" was pretty good, he's kind of the Dr. House of Anime if House was a Surgeon. May not be as good as some of the others mentioned but I'd say it's at least worth taking a look at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    If you could describe Steins;Gate for a person that maybe wants to watch it, using only 3 words. I watched couple AMVs about it, and it seemed veeeeeeeeeeery boring.
    El Psy Congroo.

i cant, its not a series that can be described in 3 words because tbh the first couple episodes might make you go meh.. then you go oh well thats pretty interesting.. then you need to know what happens because he did that and then you go NOOOO WHY THE FRANKIN FUCKS then you cant stop watching it because you must know how it all gets fixed.

Deleted
    Mkey, thanks for your answer anyways I put the first few episodes on DL, so we shall see if this lives up to it's hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you determined an anime's quality over... AMV's? Go watch it and prove yourself wrong.

I'm quite surprised that no one has mentioned Kenichi, Beelzebub, Sekirei, Tenjou Tenge, Soul Eater, Infinite Stratos, Toriko, Busou Renkin, Blue Exorcist, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Nurarihyon no Mago

Deleted
    If you like MMORPGs I would say "Sword Art Online".

Plot:
    In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
    On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game.