Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Can you show me one post in this section where someone said you had to spend your money on it?
    He's commenting on the vocal minority of fans that will put up with pretty much anything that BioWare hands out, not calling out anyone specific, and speaking to the hypothetical situation where BioWare charges for the 1.7 patch.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    He's commenting on the vocal minority of fans that will put up with pretty much anything that BioWare hands out, not calling out anyone specific, and speaking to the hypothetical situation where BioWare charges for the 1.7 patch.

To go as far as to say these people are also demanding you spend your money is a bit far. I don't think I have ever seen anyone say that. For any game.

To go as far as to say these people are also demanding you spend your money is a bit far. I don't think I have ever seen anyone say that. For any game.
    You're not reading what people are writing.

A few in this thread sarcastically joked about whether or not BioWare would charge for the patch.

Kitty responded that if BioWare had charged for the patch, an act which would be condemned in almost any game, that there would be fans who would defend that decision and find a way to rationalize it.

Nobody in the thread has said that BioWare should charge for the patch. Please read.

Small correction Edge... 1.7 is not on the PTS yet. You gave me a small heart attack thinking I had somehow missed it going up

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Small correction Edge... 1.7 is not on the PTS yet. You gave me a small heart attack thinking I had somehow missed it going up
    Did I say it was live somewhere? >.> If so /facepalm

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A few in this thread sarcastically joked about whether or not BioWare would charge for the patch.

Kitty responded that if BioWare had charged for the patch, an act which would be condemned in almost any game, that there would be fans who would defend that decision and find a way to rationalize it.

Nobody in the thread has said that BioWare should charge for the patch. Please read.
    I'm glad you have more patience than me. I should just hire you to be my PR person.

Also:
    Is it really going a bit far? I guess it's easier to pretend like the 'sub or gtfo' mentality doesn't exist. To live in the land of unicorns that poop puppy rainbows... *sigh*

2. There was no charge for prior patches, nor any indication that they would charge for individual patches.
    Actually.....patch 1.5 would say otherwise. While there were portions that were free to F2P players, HK-51 and Section X had to be purchased by anyone who wasn't a subscriber through the Cartel Market or the GTN and Nightmare EC can't be accessed unless a weekly pass is purchased. So, that patch was actually a "pay" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm glad you have more patience than me. I should just hire you to be my PR person.
    Already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Actually.....patch 1.5 would say otherwise. While there were portions that were free to F2P players, HK-51 and Section X had to be purchased by anyone who wasn't a subscriber through the Cartel Market or the GTN and Nightmare EC can't be accessed unless a weekly pass is purchased. So, that patch was actually a "pay" patch.
    Wow, I completely forgot about that. I'm assuming they won't make the same mistake twice...
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-16 at 06:37 AM.

I guess it's easier to pretend like the 'sub or gtfo' mentality doesn't exist.
    I honeslyt dont think thats the case anymore. why? because I WANTED it to be that way. f2p to be a glorified trial version witch lots of restrictions and as a subber I wanted to continue the game just like I have for the last year.
    but after lifeday and makeb? thats not the case anymore. I am gladly a preferred player now. the 'sub or gtfo' has changed to a simple 'gtfo' to anyone.

and for 1.7.
    thats not really a patch is it? but I knew with their 6 week agenda, there will be minor patches. prepare for cartel market items only content patches in the future. the reputation system does look nice though, but it should have been in from the beinning or my already done questing (4 times in most regions) should be awarded retroactively.
    Last edited by moff; 2013-01-16 at 06:53 AM.

Additional "area's" would always be charged to F2P/ Prefered players, I thought that was somewhat clear from the beginning. Any new content would be chargeable which includes new daily areas. (I don't think this should be necessary from a player point of view)

As for reading... some people tend to read what nobody is writing and claim it to be true.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2013-01-16 at 09:58 AM.

Can you show me one post in this section where someone said you had to spend your money on it?
    No one here has overtly said that but believe me there are people who are out there who do demand that players should pay for things (as opposed to the possibility of getting it free)

Is it really going a bit far? I guess it's easier to pretend like the 'sub or gtfo' mentality doesn't exist. To live in the land of unicorns that poop puppy rainbows... *sigh*
    This (Kitty's response)

People who say sub or gtfo are basically demanding people should spend their money.

It always baffles me when people happily sit back and are just happy when a company does whatever it wants. Nickel and diming over the most minor things, Charging for things that are normally free, taking things away from players, not fixing bugs... etc.

There are always way too devoted people who stand by every single bad thing a company does.

Bioware makes a lot of bad decisions and there are tons of people who defend every one of them, putting players down whho want more or better stuff saying "if you don't like it get lost" as if no one could ever want more out of a game.

These people just seem content to have LESS then they could and then shun anyone else who dares wants a little more.

Bioware advertises a "F2P" option yet Diehards who stick by Bioware no matter what just count it as a Trial version and anyone who dosn't like it should leave or sub. They hate the idea that F2P people maybe want a bit more of a viable game like so many other games offer.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-01-16 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It always baffles me when people happily sit back and are just happy when a company does whatever it wants. Nickel and diming over the most minor things, Charging for things that are normally free, taking things away from players, not fixing bugs... etc.

There are always way too devoted people who stand by every single bad thing a company does.

Bioware makes a lot of bad decisions and there are tons of people who defend every one of them, putting players down whho want more or better stuff saying "if you don't like it get lost" as if no one could ever want more out of a game.

These people just seem content to have LESS then they could and then shun anyone else who dares wants a little more.
    I agree.

I'd add that both extremes are dodgy imo. For example there are those who complain all day long and take the most minor error and blow it up as much as they can while keeping a straight face. They then state or imply (if they're crafty enough) that anyone liking the game are sheep/lemmings/facilitators of evil/'insert own silly term here' for simply liking the game and defending parts of it.

These people are just as deluded as the other extreme imo. Only sith deal in absolutes

Most people are in the middle. They like certain parts and hate others. Unfortunately they often get lumped together with the vocal nutjobs. Anyone who follows the forums knows which people belong to which group and it's amusing to see the battles they wage, each side flinging nonsense around. Even more amusing to see them paint themselves in a noble light to somehow justify the drivel. Again, on both sides and each is harmful to the game imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Additional "area's" would always be charged to F2P/ Prefered players thought that was somewhat clear from the beginning. Any new content would be chargeable which includes new daily areas. (I don't think this should be necessary from a player point of view)
    If this is in fact the case, that's the best way for them to fast track the game into the grave. Nothing works better than making sure that you playerbase is as segmented as possible to limit interaction between them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    prepare for cartel market items only content patches in the future.
    I'd quit if that ever came to pass. If paying for a sub meant I also had to pay for patches I'd stop doing the former.

I'll tolerate Makeb (just) but if future raids/warzones and events became coins only? I'd be off playing swgemu tbh.

Deleted
    some people defend things companies do, some dont.

Any chance we can get back to the topic of 1.7, these forums are becoming more unreadable due to peoples agendas in preeching their views on biowares/EAs overall F2P plan in every single topic.

As a guy who cancelled his sub a couple of weeks ago, this patch is interesting me, i got to the point where i have nothing else to do and was just doing dailies "because" i just logged oout back in November/December time and didnt log back in. Now if they can actually release more details about this and Makeb in the next month it'll definatly make me reconsider subscribing .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor View Post
    Oh no, reputation farming again... That's what I don't like in WoW. I was hoping that idea won't be implemented into SWTOR...

Although depending how you earn rep and how much is required to reach max level rep and what you get for the rep farming I might be content with it. One positive thing I do see is that it's legacy wide. Oh, I hated so much that for every alt you have you to farm again the rep just to get the items you wanted...
    Agree, legacy wide rep is the best thing ever

If this is in fact the case, that's the best way for them to fast track the game into the grave. Nothing works better than making sure that you playerbase is as segmented as possible to limit interaction between them.
    Either I read it or the unlock packs for Black Hole and Section X made me believe it. At this point I'm not sure if these packs are really selling this well as you need so many unlocks only to make it worthwile upgrading your gear to black hole level... I don't see many people doing it. (I personally wouldn't as it would be more expensive than subscribe and no... I don't imply or support a gtfo or sub logic)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    some people defend things companies do, some dont.

Any chance we can get back to the topic of 1.7, these forums are becoming more unreadable due to peoples agendas in preeching their views on biowares/EAs overall F2P plan in every single topic.

As a guy who cancelled his sub a couple of weeks ago, this patch is interesting me, i got to the point where i have nothing else to do and was just doing dailies "because" i just logged oout back in November/December time and didnt log back in. Now if they can actually release more details about this and Makeb in the next month it'll definatly make me reconsider subscribing .
    I welcome whatever new is coming (for real) to the game and I happily share my group with F2P/ gays/ whatever people because neither of it does matter. The only thing that matters is that you have fun doing what you are doing though some people seem to believe that they have to do everything in their "power" to convince you that you actually aren't having fun. EA/ Bioware want to make money and if they see that they aren't making any/ no people are going F2P/ Prefered then they will come up with something new. Money again has much more weight than thousands of people complaining on the official forum which is not the way it should be but it's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Agree, legacy wide rep is the best thing ever
    Sitting at almost lvl 50 legacy, I'm still hoping that we'll actually see something in the future to involve legacy more than currently, be it rep or gear or progress.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2013-01-16 at 10:21 AM.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    [*]Check out an all new exciting way to level up your character.
    This sounds interesting, but if its on Ilum then only high level characters can do them and then they usually are already 50th level.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:27 AM ----------

My sub lapsed again for SWTOR, tried the trial/F2P, because I didnt want to accidentally mess up my main account. I heard about alot of the unlocks messing up lately, and I had bought some of the unlocks because it was cheaper to buy the unlocks on the GTN then pay the regular amount of the credit cost.

The 25% less exp really was obvious even at the low level, finished the first part and quit.

Been thinking of playing Guild Wars 2, I missed the sale on the Deluxe edition, I guess Ill have to wait for another sale.

If those are the main two things they are adding, the Illum stuff better be really interesting. New content being nothing more than a rep grind isn't all the appealing. Pretty much stopped leveling alts in WoW because of the same thing ,although at least in SWTOR it looks like you get it by just doing your normal thing and being account wide makes it much more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by mackie View Post
    I think the cartel market logo might be for f2p players to buy authorization to use the rep system with cartel coins, i would rather it be that then more boost tbh.
    I do think it's a boost. As the text underneath the icon itself says "Bonus Points +50%"