Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What will put the WAR in warcraft after MOP?

What do you think will keep the Horde and Alliance fighting after the Siege of Org
    and MOP comes to an end?

IMO I think Thrall will come back as Warchief of the Horde. The Blues have confirmed
    that it will be a Warchief and not a War-council. Yet if Thrall comes back what do you
    think will keep him from being the Green Hippie he was in Cata?
    I think that in the Alliance's raid of Org, that Jaina will go crazy and Aggra will try to
    stop her. The conflict ends with Jaina killing Aggra which after the Siege of Org puts
    Thrall on the warpath for the Alliance.
    So after Mop, we have no War-hungry crazy Garrosh but we have a Darker Thrall
    that is out to take vengeance for his dead wife while raising his son. This way
    Varian and Thrall are almost perfect mirrors of each other like Metzen wants.

But what do you think ?

Deleted
    Maybe a mad Kirin Tor? Maybe another mad character?

Maybe Lor'themar as warchief and because of that some war against Krin Tor

"Putting war in to warcraft" means quest where you kill NPCs of the opposite faction and mandatory dailies that force people to PvP.

Whoever said the WAR in WarCraft needs to be Red versus Blue? How 'bout Purple versus Black. I'd say fighting an army of innumerable, merciless demons sounds like a pretty fun war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "Putting war in to warcraft" means quest where you kill NPCs of the opposite faction and mandatory dailies that force people to PvP.
    Oh come on....you post is that stupid. There is something called lore, which can be very interesting, if you read the story textes

Deleted
    After MOP I think there is going to be an uneasy truce, similar to what it was like at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, because we're going to be at war with the burning legion next. During the Legendary questline Wrathion says something to the effect of a divided Azeroth cannot stand against the Burning Legion and the war between the alliance and horde needs to end.

Let's see. War against the Scourge in Wrath, against the Twilight's Hammer and Old Gods/Deathwing in Cata, war against Illidan and the Legion in BC, I say there's plenty of war left with Azshara, Kiljaeden, and N'zoth out there. Also Thrall has the ability to control himself and control himself well, otherwise Garrosh's pea brain would've been smeared over a 1 square inch portion of Doomhammer by now.
    Even in MoP war wasn't limited to Alliance/Horde. Sha, Mogu, Zandalari, Mantid, and Yaungol were all being dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    IMO I think Thrall will come back as Warchief of the Horde.
    Boo. Stay as world shaman.

The Blues have confirmed
    that it will be a Warchief and not a War-council.
    Last I saw, they had confirmed that they had decided who would be warchief after Garrosh. To my knowledge they have not come out and said there will definitely not be some kind of council of leaders (which would presumably include the warchief).

I think that in the Alliance's raid of Org, that Jaina will go crazy and Aggra will try to
    stop her. The conflict ends with Jaina killing Aggra which after the Siege of Org puts
    Thrall on the warpath for the Alliance.
    It's an idea, certainly. Thrall must certainly have some role to play in the siege. I imagine we'll get a build up in 5.3.

I think we're likely to find a return to the uneasy ceasefire times we had in Vanilla and BC once MoP is over, so we can ramp-up towards another alliance against the Burning Legion in the next expac.

Why do people think that the WAR in warcraft means "Alliance vs Horde"? We had WAR in TBC against Illidan's demons. We had WAR in Wrath against the Scourge. We had WAR in Cata against the Twilight's Hammer. We always have WAR in WoW. Most likely in the next expansion it will be against the Burning Legion. The real one, not a chunk of it like in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Oh come on....you post is that stupid. There is something called lore, which can be very interesting, if you read the story textes
    Lore in wow is a joke. Has been since the middle of Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: Why do people post in a topic if they don't care about it?

OT
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Last I saw, they had confirmed that they had decided who would be warchief after Garrosh. To my knowledge they have not come out and said there will definitely not be some kind of council of leaders (which would presumably include the warchief).
    Metzen confirmed that we are getting a Warchief and not a War-council in a tweet.

I don't know if the Burning Legion is the direct next expansion though. It could easily be
    more Naga and old god stuff. But whoever it is, do you think we will get another
    pre-expansion invasion patch to unite both sides against a cause ?

I still want to see the Aggra vs Jaina fight. Aggra needs to die, I don't like hippie Thrall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Lore in wow is a joke. Has been since the middle of Wrath.
    Because everyone's laughing. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Because everyone's laughing. Right?
    Lore in WoW has never been serious.

Also, why does someone have to be insane for there to be conflict? It's such a simplistic viewpoint; the most compelling conflicts are those between people of legitimate interests. It takes a sophisticated mind to accept that there may be two rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lore in WoW has never been serious.

Also, why does someone have to be insane for there to be conflict? It's such a simplistic viewpoint; the most compelling conflicts are those between people of legitimate interests. It takes a sophisticated mind to accept that there may be two rights.
    Define serious.

It think that there is a lot of serious stuff in every expansion.

OT: There has always been war in every WoW expansion. War against Illidan's forces, war against the Legion, war against the Silithid, war against the Scourge, war against the old gods, war against the Twilight's hammer, war against the elementals, war against the mogu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Define serious.

OT: There has always been war in every WoW expansion. War against Illidan's forces, war against the Legion, war against the Silithid, war against the Scourge, war against the old gods, war against the Twilight's hammer, war against the elementals, war against the mogu.
    Gritty, dark, and realistic. Like say...Warhammer, for instance. WoW strives for a middle ground, but oftentimes the silly lore or the badly written lore overshadows the gems of seriousness.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

There will always be conflicts here and there but it may not be full scaled war like in MoP(Personally, I think you can count what we are playing as fourth war). Every xpac has red vs blue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gritty, dark, and realistic. Like say...Warhammer, for instance. WoW strives for a middle ground, but oftentimes the silly lore or the badly written lore overshadows the gems of seriousness.
    Why does something have to be dark to be serious. In any case you can also find dark stuff in WoW. Some things in Mists are pretty "dark". I don't really know Warhammer, so I can't compare, but I find Warcraft to be very realistic (once you accept elves and that kind of stuff, of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does something have to be dark to be serious. In any case you can also find dark stuff in WoW. Some things in Mists are pretty "dark". I don't really know Warhammer, so I can't compare, but I find Warcraft to be very realistic (once you accept elves and that kind of stuff, of course)
    Because life is dark. And you also failed to read my post; I said WoW strives for a middle-ground, so by definition there will be "dark" things.

But no, Warhammer lore I tend to like better. If only because Chaos is a far more terrifying enemy than the Burning Legion.

Deleted
    Define serious.

Warcraft's lore has been written so much tongue-in-cheek it indeed isn't funny anymore. Fantasy stories have always been vivid but Blizz has taken it to a whole another level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Mop has done a better job of story telling than Cata so far. Each raid's story has
    transitioned better. Each patch gets ever more interesting. They even listened when players
    wanted more Belf involvement and a Uldar like raid. IMO I think more Horde vs Alliance story
    arcs will continue after Mop, I don't think Horde and Alliance can be friendly like in previous
    expansions.