Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

iPhone 5, White or Black?

So my phone upgrade date is tomorrow and I am wondering if I should get the white or black iPhone, I have looked around online and seen that black seems to be the most popular, although I have seen a number of people that have gotten the black and wished they had gotten the white, but not many that got the white that wish they had gotten the black...

I have read the black scratches more, but I have read that the white is more distracting with apps that aren't updated to the screen size of the 5...

Here is the case I have for it:

I'm leaning towards the white, I have had black iPhones so far, my friends have the black, girl has the black, I wish to be different. Plus with a black case I think it would look decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get an iPhone or any other Crapple product. That is my advice.

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I just got a black iPhone 5, the first apple product I've ever owned. I wasnt proud at first but god damn I love this phone. It is so easy and smooth and you can do almost everything with it - pure amazing. I like the black one it is really stylish, looks clean and black have always been more manly than white - if you ask me

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't get an iPhone or any other Crapple product. That is my advice.
    That's not what he's asking.

I'd go with the white, looks nicer Imo.

I'd go with black personally because I'm not generally a fan of the whole white look. I'd also imagine scratches would naturally show up on white due to light, whereas a black you'd probably have to shine a light directly on to notice scratches.

Maybe go into an phone store and ask to see both in person?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    I just got a black iPhone 5, the first apple product I've ever owned. I wasnt proud at first but god damn I love this phone. It is so easy and smooth and you can do almost everything with it - pure amazing. I like the black one it is really stylish, looks clean and black have always been more manly than white - if you ask me
    That is one thing I have noticed, is the white seems to be more feminine. Honestly I could care less though.

Deleted
    White has much higher resale value. But really I'd go with the one you think looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd go with black personally because I'm not generally a fan of the whole white look. I'd also imagine scratches would naturally show up on white due to light, whereas a black you'd probably have to shine a light directly on to notice scratches.
    It's the opposite, black shows scratches very easily. This is true for most things, like cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get any, iPhones are shizen.

EDIT: "That's not what he's asking"

OK if I had to choose I'd go with black, why pay more for a different coloured one?

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 03:30 PM.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

I have a black, I don't use cases etc so it has picked up a few nicks but overall I am pretty happy with it. My brother has a white though and that is pretty nice too. I usually alternate between white and black.

If I had to chose, I'd go with white. I prefer my electronics to be white for some reason... I'm an electronics racist

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    So my phone upgrade date is tomorrow and I am wondering if I should get the white or black iPhone, I have looked around online and seen that black seems to be the most popular, although I have seen a number of people that have gotten the black and wished they had gotten the white, but not many that got the white that wish they had gotten the black...

I have read the black scratches more, but I have read that the white is more distracting with apps that aren't updated to the screen size of the 5...

Here is the case I have for it:

I'm leaning towards the white, I have had black iPhones so far, my friends have the black, girl has the black, I wish to be different. Plus with a black case I think it would look decent.
    Are you male? Black
    Are you female? Pick whatever.
    Are you gay? Pick whatever. (prolly white)
    (doesn't matter if you are gay ofcourse, but a male with a white phone is by definition gay)

Then again it's an iPhone...

Received Infraction

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 03:31 PM.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Are you male? Black
    Are you female? Pick whatever.
    Are you gay? Pick whatever. (prolly white)
    (doesn't matter if you are gay ofcourse, but a male with a white phone is by definition gay)

Then again it's an iPhone...
    My S3 is white, so are 90% of the S3s I've seen so far.

The world must be full of gay men.

Once you go black, you never go back! At least that is what they say...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think the white iPhone is more stylish, and I wish I got my 4s in white instead of Black. The black one looks somewhat boring and plain, where as the white one isn't as usual and thus less boring and plain.

Then again, a white case on a black one is probably pretty good looking too. It's up to you, but I'd go with the white one if your previous phones (not necessarily iPhones) was black.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got the white iPhone 5, but with that case you might be better off going black...

just go with whatever you prefer the look of ^_^

In Sweden the only ones who have the white ones are the annoying little teenage girls *shiver* Get the black

I like the black one, overall its up to you but that's what I'd go with, or just get a different full coverage case and it doesn't really matter.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Hold it in your hands, that's the best way to feel what you like, but if you wanna stick to a black case, then go for a black color.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    Looks like this is turning into a battle of opinions not based on what the OP asked though, once again.
    Since there's no way to objectively answer "is black or white better?", isn't a battle of opinions fine?

If you are white you get the black one, if you are black you get the white one. You don't want to be racist.