Deleted

Heroic will of the emperor

Hi I realize there are threads about this already but none of the recent ones seem to help with my question and didn't want to necro one.
    So our 10 man raid group is currently 5/6 heroic MSV 2/6 heroic HoF 2/4 Heroic Toes but we are having trouble with soaking the sparks on will.
    I realize that our raid comp is not optimal for the fight or in general but we don't have an option to switch people in and out, this is our current raid comp.

Tanks -
    2 x Blood Dk

DPS -
    2x Balance druid
    1x Feral druid
    1x Enhancement shaman [can switch to resto]
    1x Windwalker monk
    1x Mage (arcane/frost)

Healers -
    1x Discipline priest [can switch to shadow/holy]
    1x Resto shaman

We have been using our windwalker to solo strengths and soak his sparks with ranged dotting it up so he can keep it down before the next one spawns, and using our mage to soak all the courage sparks, the problem we have is with the rages we cant cc them and nuke together because we have no immunities and no cool downs to let people live through that and we seem to run out of cooldowns soaking the 2 rage sparks as they come.

Is there any advice on what we could do with this setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is only one thing i can think of to make your combo work:

Your Windwalker switches to Tank Spec with DPS Gear/Stam Flask/Stam Food - should be able to solo Strength and Soak Sparks without any help

Your Disci goes Shadow, one of your balance druids go heal. Gear should be roughly the same / usable - might run into mana probs. But you have 2 DK tanks which basicaly means, they hardly need any heal if played properly. So your balance->resto druid should be able to keep up.

feral -> symbiosis shadow -> dispersion

shadow -> dispersion

mage takes every courage spark as hes already doing

--

for rages you have 2x dispersion. so you can either kill 2 - cc 2 - kill 4 or you can try to soak every wave.

to soak every wave, you will probably need your balance druid to take them, but not together. barkskin + 15% moonkin + stam flask/food might be enough for that - needs heals inbetween. you can also try going bear + barkskin + hp shout and see if that works. you also have ironbark and monk tank raid cd for the balance druid which you can alternate. so in short 20% barkskin + 15% moonkin + 20% ironbark/monk cd = about 45-50% (its less then 55%)? which is 750k/2 = 375k-400k dmg each spark. should be doable for you boomkin and would be the simpliest way.

We are going to start attempting this boss to, also looking for some tips

Tanks - Warrior, Monk
    Range - Warlock, Spriest, Boomkin, Hunter
    Melee - Enh, Rogue
    Heals - Paladin, Druid

Subs - Ret, Blood dk

Would it be easiest to 3 tank this fight (we have amazing raid wide dps) have the DK soak strengths, warlock on courages and rotate hunter/spriest/rogue on ragers.
    This seems like the easiest/most logical solution but I want more opinions first.

Deleted
    Rogue can solo strengths + spark, can get a shield from the SPirest so it's not as butt clenching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Would it be easiest to 3 tank this fight (we have amazing raid wide dps) have the DK soak strengths, warlock on courages and rotate hunter/spriest/rogue on ragers.
    This seems like the easiest/most logical solution but I want more opinions first.
    You have a rogue amongst 2 melee. Enhance 'tanks' strength and the rogue should soak everything except maybe one or two sparks which your hunter, spriest, or hpal can get.. Make sure the rogue has cheat death for a talent and I'd also suggest subbing debilitation in for a glyph if he's assassination. If he uses feint on every soak and cloak for double soaks it won't be too bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    Rogue can solo strengths + spark, can get a shield from the SPirest so it's not as butt clenching.
    If they have a second melee, that person should be on strengths so that the rogue can be free to actually go soak.
    Last edited by AgilityTank; 2013-01-16 at 09:25 PM.

Your Druid can take Displacer beast and soak it just like a Mage does with Blink. This only works for one spark at a time, though, unless they're all very close together.

Make sure your windwalker takes the 1.5 min CD 90% magic reduction talent, between that and Zen Med he can soak quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post

If they have a second melee, that person should be on strengths so that the rogue can be free to actually go soak.
    Shrug, they have enough CDs between the raid that they can rotate on the rages. Might as well just have the rogue handle Strengths and their sparks on his own so you don't over complicate the rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth is everyone talking about rogues. They don't have a rogue in their setup!?!?

What made this fight really easy for my guild after trying a lot of different things.

Have your feral go guardian and stack stamina, aim for around 700k raidbuffed. he will be able to soak everything except courages which we used a lock for.. he only needs cd for 2 sparks at a time. and those he can mostly cover with own cd's(usually he takes one gets topped and takes another).. our druid takes 30+ sparks like this.. might not be for everyone. for us its perfect and a lot more reliable and less room for mistakes.