Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoiler Discussion] I dont get the Klaxxi/Mantid

Please bear in mind, I haven't played the beta, but have read about the Sha and Y'Shaarj.

Do the Klaxxi/Mantid know that the Sha are likely the creations of their ex-God and master? Surely they should know. I just don't get why they'd still choose to side with something when its own breath can cause the most important structures in Mantid society to crumble (the Amber Trees, Mantid use Amber in eveything they do, so naturally these trees are sacred).

Yes, the Empress is possessed, but why would the clear minded Klaxxi freely chose to align with something like Y'Shaarj?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Twilight Cultists side with the old gods and Deathwing. Why would you side with such malicious beings that want to destroy you and your entire planet if you're not strong enough to become an ascendant.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Please bear in mind, I haven't played the beta, but have read about the Sha and Y'Shaarj.

Do the Klaxxi/Mantid know that the Sha are likely the creations of their ex-God and master? Surely they should know. I just don't get why they'd still choose to side with something when its own breath can cause the most important structures in Mantid society to crumble (the Amber Trees, Mantid use Amber in eveything they do, so naturally these trees are sacred).

Yes, the Empress is possessed, but why would the clear minded Klaxxi freely chose to align with something like Y'Shaarj?
    The Klaxxi are trying to stop the Empress. Empress got corrupted and is destroying theyr society as well the trees that give Amber. The first Klaxxi guy (Korven the Prime) you wake up from amber tells you that it is theyr job to stop the empress if they think she is misbehaving.

Deleted
    We still don't know about the Sha-Y'Shaarj connection. But the Klaxxi worship the Old Gods, not some Pandaren Emperor emotion-turned monster that possesses their Empress and destroys their kingdom.

The Pandaren believe that the Sha are the creation of their emperor (or rather, a side effect).
    There's nothing saying they couldn't think the same.

To be honest the Sha are probably fairly new to them, what with their millenial cycles of sleep and invasion.

I don't think the Klaxxi care WHAT corrupted the Empress, all they do care about is that she's corrupted and has to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's also possible that defeating the Sha is something that needs to be done to awaken Y'Shaarj.

And as for why they would align with an Old God, it's implied that they're another offshoot of the Aqir, meaning they were created by the Old Gods and have always been loyal to them. Why align with an Old God? It's that whole "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" thing, I assume.

God wiped out almost every living thing on the planet with a giant flood and people still worship Him. People (and bug people) worship god(s) because they're gods, not because they're particularly nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    I don't think the Klaxxi care WHAT corrupted the Empress, all they do care about is that she's corrupted and has to go.
    Basically. the Klaxxi's job is to put the Empress (and presumably the royal family and councilors) down if they show sign of corruption or go against the Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS**

The Klaxxi are a elder race of Mantid who don't approve of the Grand Empress' descisions as they plan to kill her and have her daughter take over.

The Sha came from the last Pandaren Empreror as he vanqiushed his emotions they manifested in what we call the Sha, but it could of been a Old God who did this, I believe that Y'shaarj is actually N'zoth as there have similar traits and the [Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron] is said to explain to talk about N'zoth & than speak of a "black goat with seven eyes" which may refer to Y'Shaarj due to the similar theme of seven eyes/heads.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I believe that Y'shaarj is actually N'zoth
    They're not the same. Blizzard wouldn't make up a new name for the same Old God.

Not to mention that Y'Shaarj is dead and N'Zoth ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    SPOILERS**

The Klaxxi are a elder race of Mantid who don't approve of the Grand Empress' descisions as they plan to kill her and have her daughter take over.

The Sha came from the last Pandaren Empreror as he vanqiushed his emotions they manifested in what we call the Sha, but it could of been a Old God who did this, I believe that Y'shaarj is actually N'zoth as there have similar traits and the [Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron] is said to explain to talk about N'zoth & than speak of a "black goat with seven eyes" which may refer to Y'Shaarj due to the similar theme of seven eyes/heads.
    I think that Y'Sharj and N'Zoth are separate entities. The area of influence is too big to be just one Old God. I think the Puzzle Box is too vague to be assumed to only be talking of N'Zoth. Why would N'Zoth use faceless ones as his primary soldiers in all of Azeroth but then only use the Sha in Pandaria? The Klaxxi talk of how Y'Shaarj was killed, yet no mention of N'Zoth's death or his resurrection?
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

It become apparent unto me that the 'seven heads' of Y'Shaarj are most likely and notably in direct corespondance with the Seven Deadly sins in some manner. We have seen six different types of Sha so far.

Sha of Anger (Wrath) - This is obvious.

Sha of Despair (Gluttony) - This might not make much sense. In fact, having a Sha of Despair AND a Sha of Doubt seem almost identical to me. The only justification I can give for this is the idea that in the throws of Despair, one might become overly selfish.

Sha of Doubt (Sloth) - Doubt causes one to fall into a deep laziness and sorrow.

Sha of Fear (Greed) - Fear is caused by greed, it is the fear of losing what one currently possesses and that others may have more.

Sha of Hatred (Hatred) - This one is obvious.

Sha of Violence (Lust) - This one is also a bit of a stretch. Usually we assosicate Lust with sexual desires, but there are different form sof lust, as in, Lust for Violence.

These are the six 'heads' we have seen so far. I estimate the emergence of a seventh head, in some dinstinct way being associated with Pride. As you may note there is a bit of a stretch with some of them, but I believe that the basic underlying theme of '7' evils is present here. Whats interesting is that we saw the same ideals presented before us in the Diablo series. Maybe Blizzard is caught up on this theme?

I too, am quite confused however. The Klaxxi gentleman in the depths of their keep told me that should the Old Gods ever rise again that they would stand by them with full dedication. Is it not apparent unto them that these Sha are the seven manifestations of their old god Y'Shaarj? I find it to be an easy enough connection to make in my mind, but then again, I do not think as the Klaxxi do, and they not as I.

Nevertheless, I will continue to combat the forces of the Old Gods - not in an effort to spite them, but rather as a service unto them. In fighting The Old Gods and defeating them, I show them their weakness, until they become strong and able to crush the world and all it's denizens. The spheres whisper unto me the truths of the unrealitys beyond our ken. In the deadlights of truth we shall find madness - and salvation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Klaxxi regard the Sha as 'mere shadows' of Y'Shaarj's former glory. Lesser entities, essentially. Presumably, they recall the age when their predecessor's, the aqir, served the Old Gods, and want to recapture the 'glory days'. But the Sha are more interested in destroying rather than ruling.

Perhaps the mantid believe that worshiping the true Old Gods wouldn't be quite so destructive to their society - or perhaps they feel resisting them would be truly futile, while the Sha can be dealt with.

Who can fathom the insect mind...

The Sha are not created by the Old God, rather they are the remnants of a destroyed Old God. They are not the intended leader of the Mantid and the Sha of Terror has caused their society to diverge from their instinctual behavior. The Empress was afraid that she would be replaced and gave the Sha of Fear an 'in' at the very top of Mantid power structure. The Klaxxi are a back up resource in case things go wrong, designed to watch and act if needed. The Mantid still plan to support their Old God if they should return but this Sha of Fear is not an intended leader and is destroying thier way of life and source of sustenance and shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    God wiped out almost every living thing on the planet with a giant flood and people still worship Him. People (and bug people) worship god(s) because they're gods, not because they're particularly nice.
    Pretty much this. Klaxxi say rather plainly, when Old Gods return, it would be wise thing to serve them. For survival. Against Titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Klaxxi regard the Sha as 'mere shadows' of Y'Shaarj's former glory. Lesser entities, essentially. Presumably, they recall the age when their predecessor's, the aqir, served the Old Gods, and want to recapture the 'glory days'. But the Sha are more interested in destroying rather than ruling.

Perhaps the mantid believe that worshiping the true Old Gods wouldn't be quite so destructive to their society - or perhaps they feel resisting them would be truly futile, while the Sha can be dealt with.

bugs are never really smart

oh look a giant
    let me fly at its face it wont try to kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

A bunch of moles is probably going to have trouble with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xastur View Post
    It become apparent unto me that the 'seven heads' of Y'Shaarj are most likely and notably in direct corespondance with the Seven Deadly sins in some manner. We have seen six different types of Sha so far.

Sha of Anger (Wrath) - This is obvious.

Sha of Despair (Gluttony) - This might not make much sense. In fact, having a Sha of Despair AND a Sha of Doubt seem almost identical to me. The only justification I can give for this is the idea that in the throws of Despair, one might become overly selfish.

Sha of Doubt (Sloth) - Doubt causes one to fall into a deep laziness and sorrow.

Sha of Fear (Greed) - Fear is caused by greed, it is the fear of losing what one currently possesses and that others may have more.

Sha of Hatred (Hatred) - This one is obvious.

Sha of Violence (Lust) - This one is also a bit of a stretch. Usually we assosicate Lust with sexual desires, but there are different form sof lust, as in, Lust for Violence.

These are the six 'heads' we have seen so far. I estimate the emergence of a seventh head, in some dinstinct way being associated with Pride. As you may note there is a bit of a stretch with some of them, but I believe that the basic underlying theme of '7' evils is present here. Whats interesting is that we saw the same ideals presented before us in the Diablo series. Maybe Blizzard is caught up on this theme?

I too, am quite confused however. The Klaxxi gentleman in the depths of their keep told me that should the Old Gods ever rise again that they would stand by them with full dedication. Is it not apparent unto them that these Sha are the seven manifestations of their old god Y'Shaarj? I find it to be an easy enough connection to make in my mind, but then again, I do not think as the Klaxxi do, and they not as I.

Nevertheless, I will continue to combat the forces of the Old Gods - not in an effort to spite them, but rather as a service unto them. In fighting The Old Gods and defeating them, I show them their weakness, until they become strong and able to crush the world and all it's denizens. The spheres whisper unto me the truths of the unrealitys beyond our ken. In the deadlights of truth we shall find madness - and salvation.
    Hatred is not one of the seven deadly sins. The one you left out is Envy.

Honestly, while I think there probably is another Sha out there, I don't think they have much to do with the deadly sins outside of being seven in number. As well, while the Sha may (or may not) have been born in the death throes of Y'shaarj, they don't seem to bear much actual resemblance to their progenitor, either in looks, abilities or affiliations. If they did, the paragons probably wouldn't have been baffled at what was happening around them when they woke up - and the Sha wouldn't be treating them like garbage either. After all, the cycles have been running like clockwork since well before Y'shaarj kicked the bucket. It stands to reason that if the motives of the Old God and the Sha were aligned, the Sha wouldn't be disrupting the cycles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    No he didn't, an asteroid did it.