LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I finished the game, and am currently using:

1. ACE
    2. AW50
    3. Recurve bow
    4. Vector .45 ACP

The ACE is my regular gun, its easy to loot ammo from the enemy for it. AW50 is as far as I know the best sniper rifle, sadly it has no silent attachement trough. I use the Recurve bow to silently kill enemies from a distant, and the Vector for quick & silent killings.

Your probably using a weak sniper rifle. With the best sniper rifle in game (in special weapons), I can one shot everything with a headshot :P
    ...there are special weapons.....? :O

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    was thinking about getting FarCry 3 this week so was just checking and after having a good bit of play time was curious how many people would recommend it.
    Besides Dishonored it's probably some of the most pure fun I've had in a game in a pretty long time. My only problem is I don't feel like there's much reason to explore outside of finding relics, which is pretty meh.

was thinking about getting FarCry 3 this week so was just checking and after having a good bit of play time was curious how many people would recommend it.
    I highly recommend it. It has an interesting story, awesome villain, great graphics, overall good RPG elements.

It's definitely worth it, one of the best games of 2012 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    ...there are special weapons.....? :O.
    Yup, they unlock after doing quite some ''Path of the Warrior'' side quests, or by capturing outposts and radio towers. They are some of the best weapons you can have in the game, like the Shredder.

I made a mistake in my previous post. The sniper I was using is called Z93, not AW50. It is the best sniper rifle in game

Games amazing! one of my top 10 games of 2012. Recommend it to anyone who is not sure if they want it or not

Deleted
    Just found this easter egg .. that was cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had one more question for anyone who has played the multi-player on this. Is it the same as it would be playing through everything on single-player or just like some random smaller campaign? Was curious because there are so few anything with co-op campaigns any more I really enjoy playing stuff that does have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I personally went with the silenced sniper (second one i think?), the silenced SMG (unlocked from getting a bunch of relics i think) or pistol, for the third slot it depended, sometimes i took the rpg/grenade launcher, sometimes i took the 50 cal sniper. As for the forth slot i generally went with the bow, though other guns would most likely be better, but nothing beats the bow in terms of fun

Can't remember the weapon names, i'll check later on.

1. M700 Silenced Sniper
    2. Shadow (Silenced pistol) or Shredder (Silenced SMG, basically a Vector but better)
    3. Rpg/Grenade launcher or AMR (50 cal, basically a better Z93).
    4. Bow
    Well... this gives me more incentive to collect stuff now, I have quite a few memory cards just from taking over pirate camps. But, certain relics I've just been skipping because I thought they were just there to be there.

I will most definately be collecting them now for that .50 cal.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 07:46 PM ----------

Had one more question for anyone who has played the multi-player on this. Is it the same as it would be playing through everything on single-player or just like some random smaller campaign? Was curious because there are so few anything with co-op campaigns any more I really enjoy playing stuff that does have them.
    It's different. It has it's own little story, but is quite interesting. Give it a shot. You level up and as you progress you unlock new items/battlecrys all sorts of stuff.

Do you guys think that SPOILERS Vaas is really dead? When I killed him in that vision thing, he moved his eyes and looked straight back at me while dying on the floor. After you go back to the real world, Vaas's body is nowhere to be seen. He could've also drugged Jason and ran away, leaving him with fake memory Vaases to fight

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Well... this gives me more incentive to collect stuff now, I have quite a few memory cards just from taking over pirate camps. But, certain relics I've just been skipping because I thought they were just there to be there.

I will most definately be collecting them now for that .50 cal.
    From my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Gather relics until you get 20 of them and then you unlock a .50 cal sniper with explosive rounds (AMR). At 10 memory cards you get a silenced Vector (Shredder) that is arguably the best gun in the game.

1. Shredder - Special Vector
    2. AMR - Explosive .50 cal
    3. M93 Silenced
    4. Bow

The AMR is to just destroy anything. It blows up vehicles in 2 shots and kills everyone in a vehicle in one shot.
    The Shredder is just stupid sick from the hip or even ADS and it's silenced.
    The M93 silenced is for undetected range camp takeovers.
    The bow is just because it's fucking awesome (explosive/flaming arrows).
    Getting more than those relics or memory cards on purpose doesn't net you anything awesome or even achievements. At 60 relics you get an immortality injection which is hardly used even on the hardest difficulty.

Do you guys think that SPOILERS Vaas is really dead? When I killed him in that vision thing, he moved his eyes and looked straight back at me while dying on the floor. After you go back to the real world, Vaas's body is nowhere to be seen. He could've also drugged Jason and ran away, leaving him with fake memory Vaases to fight
    I thought the same thing. I was super suspicious after that part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account

It's different. It has it's own little story, but is quite interesting. Give it a shot. You level up and as you progress you unlock new items/battlecrys all sorts of stuff.
    Awesome thanks the only other thing i'd ask is can I get a rough estimate on play time, hoping it's not just some like 1-2 hour filler? Sorry for harassing everyone lol.

Awesome thanks the only other thing i'd ask is can I get a rough estimate on play time, hoping it's not just some like 1-2 hour filler? Sorry for harassing everyone lol.
    Not a small filler, no. I've played about an hour and a half already and have only reached like level 7-8. I was playing with a buddy that is level 49. I'm not sure what the cap is to be honest though.

There's plenty to unlock, and quite a bit of gameplay too. Every fews missions you do small challenges with your friends/people you are playing with.

My last one we had a sniping challenge where we try to snipe the most guys in like 2 minutes. It seems like there's quite a bit of gameplay to horse around with on there.

Got to the second island yesterday, does anyone else think it's that much more difficult at some parts then the first one?

Got to the second island yesterday, does anyone else think it's that much more difficult at some parts then the first one?
    I didn't think so. In fact, I thought the second island was a bit easier, since I had already unlocked a ton of stuff (all my gear, some special weapons, almost all tatoos, etc).

I noticed that too. It was easy to clear out the pirate outposts while remaining unseen and turning off the alarm, but with the army guys its a shitload harder to do.

Those tanks are a pain to silently take out, unless you get the talent that you can assasinate them.

I noticed that too. It was easy to clear out the pirate outposts while remaining unseen and turning off the alarm, but with the army guys its a shitload harder to do.

Those tanks are a pain to silently take out, unless you get the talent that you can assasinate them.
    C-4 and the .50 cal sniper rifles kill them in one shot.

The second Island seemed 100% easier in my opinion. Probably because I got everything possible from the first island before moving on and was essentially max level with every weapon.

Deleted
    Good Ways to make Cash Quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    Find loot chests, do the hunt/wanted side quests and sell all the trash items that you loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    Play a lot of poker

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Everybody seems to be hating tigers .. I love them!
    Fuck yeah man, I cleared an entire camp once by luring some tigers into it with rocks. Was pretty great, didn't even get detected

I just remembered I haven't even tried the multiplayer in this game. If I want to play multiplayer FPS, I usually go to BF3.

Can anyone tell me if the multiplayer is any good in Far Cry 3?