Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is about time, I like this but more education and follow through.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Nothing from stopping me from hopping into a car and taking a half a dozen lives easy from some people waiting on the street corner. Nothing is gonna stop someone from obtaining a gun if they want to just like prohibition didn't prevent anyone from getting their drink on if they really wanted to.
    Have to imagine that it would be more difficult to commit a mass murder with a car in a high school, depending on what time it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    In a country where nuclear weps are not regulated?
    Talking about within the United States, as a legal US resident. But ya, considering that the US went to war on the possibility of nuclear weaponry (almost twice), I don't have any doubts that they would do the same for a single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    I've taken the time to understand what an executive order is and what it does and I implore you to do the same before I have to read dozens of paranoid post about our civil rights being stripped away.
    Executive orders do not require congressional approval. Thus, the president can use them to set policy while avoiding public debate and opposition.
    What is a dictator?
    Last edited by Ansem; 2013-01-17 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    He'd be arrested as soon as physically possible.

That is the purpose of a hypothetical. Also, see Israel for that whole... international law thing.
    Israel is a nation, not a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So lets just say "fuck it, let criminals get their hands on the most effective tools for murder because they're gonna kill anyways!"
    My point is they already get their hands on them, criminals break the law...you think they care about breaking one more law?

Of course it could be deadly and could be dangerous when used wrong, just like many other things. Like cars or gas and lighters.
    EXCPET THEY AREN'T MADE TO SHOOT BULLETS. they were invented for that purpose, to kill things. thats the baseline. cars, lighters, weren't built from the ground up to end things lives. you can try to dance around that fact but that doesnt' change that its a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Until what's best for you violates the rights of me.
    Then you get in trouble and go to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Thanks. I'm definitely interested in getting more information on some of these also.

I think these orders will do much more for gun violence than an AWB.
    actually, you and I agree on this...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    EXCPET THEY AREN'T MADE TO SHOOT BULLETS. they were invented for that purpose, to kill things. thats the baseline. cars, lighters, weren't built from the ground up to end things lives. you can try to dance around that fact but that doesnt' change that its a weapon.
    We just went over this, my shotgun wasn't designed to kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So lets just say "fuck it, let criminals get their hands on the most effective tools for murder because they're gonna kill anyways!"
    No, that's not what he was implying. The simple fact is that laws and regulations only work if people are willing to follow them.

Murder is illegal, yet it doesn't stop some people (everyone actually has the primal instinct to take a life in situations, don't pretend to be above anyone, you know you've been to a point close enough to actually do it.)

Drugs are illegal, yet it doesn't stop people from obtaining and using them.

Prostitution is illegal, yet it doesn't stop people from standing on the corner and selling their bodies for profit.

People that want to go shoot up a house, or a neighborhood, or a school WILL find the means to do it if they have that primary motivation. A lot of crimes that involve firearms are "Heat of the Moment" crimes. Also, remember that many of these mass shootings were committed with legal firearms that were then stolen from the original purchaser, rendering them illegal in the hands of the individual who went and shot up (Insert Location Here). Again: THESE FIREARMS WERE OBTAINED LEGALLY BY ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO DID NOT INTEND FOR THEM TO BE USED IN SUCH A MANNER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times. i'm not afraid of criminals. most of the murders in this country are not committed by criminals. they are committed by previously law abiding citizens that legally purchased the weapon they used to commit their act of murder.
    Besides which, as I said earlier, you aren't born a criminal. Every single criminal was once a law-abiding citizen. They became criminals.

Yes, gun control limits what law-abiding citizens can legally buy/use. That's the point. Because not all law-abiding citizens stay law-abiding. Besides which, there's the law-breaking-but-uncaught segment of the population, which you can't catch with a background check because they haven't been caught.

Which is why you put sensible limits based on normal legal use on some things. The same way you can't go to the drug store and buy 100 bottles of cough syrup without the cops checking you out to make sure you aren't cooking meth. Are there legitimate uses for cough syrup? Sure. Can you buy however much you want with no government oversight? No, because that's what criminals do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    Executive orders do not require congressional approval. Thus, the president can use them to set policy while avoiding public debate and opposition.
    What is a dictator?
    Executive orders do not work that way.

I do believe they can only be directed at the executive branch. AND the Supreme court can challenge them.

Anything that requires congressional approval to be Constitutionally passed therefore cannot be an executive order.

Obama can't, for example, put out an executive order banning all guns. That would require a constitutional amendment. Nor can he put one out raising taxes, appropriations can only be initiated by the House.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Israel is a nation, not a person.
    And there aren't international laws focused on nations and dealing with nuclear weaponry? See the nuclear nonproliferation treaty (and yes, it has sections applying specifically to entities who have not signed the treaty).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Talking about within the United States, as a legal US resident. But ya, considering that the US went to war on the possibility of nuclear weaponry (almost twice), I don't have any doubts that they would do the same for a single individual.
    Interesting little thing I just read regarding nuclear weapons since we're on the topic.

http://factcheck.gullible.info/discu...clear-weapons/

So because we have an army now having citizens with guns is null?

I'm saying that the right to bear arms was meant for the citizenry to defend the country if needed. so that there wouldn't be the need to having an expensive standing army. the fact that we have a standing army means that there is no need for the citizenry to be armed. so if you want to act like you are a line of defense protecting this country. then we can disband and dismantle our military, and just let you, and people like you protect this country. since that was the intent behind the 2nd amendment.

We just went over this, my shotgun wasn't designed to kill people.
    forget your damn shot gun. you cant tell me an Uzi, AR, AK47, glog, magnum weren't made to kill things. if you seriously think that then there is no help for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Go actually read the Executive Orders. They do no infringe on any of your civil liberties as per the Bill of Rights or the Constitution, nor do they infringe on your human rights as per the UN treaty.
    I just had to have a chuckle at the highlighted part. UN treaty means jack-squat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    I'm saying that the right to bear arms was meant for the citizenry to defend the country if needed. so that there wouldn't be the need to having an expensive standing army. the fact that we have a standing army means that there is no need for the citizenry to be armed. so if you want to act like you are a line of defense protecting this country. then we can disband and dismantle our military, and just let you, and people like you protect this country. since that was the intent behind the 2nd amendment.
    No it wasn't meant for the citizenry to defend their country, that's what the militia bit is about. The right to bear arms is in there to allow the citizens to defend them self's against a tyrannical government.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wasn't meant for the citizenry to defend their country, that's what the militia bit is about. The right to bear arms is in there to allow the citizens to defend them self's against a tyrannical government.
    Oh boy, the paranoia line again.

Look, good luck defending your house against the government's evil soldiers . . . and tanks . . . and planes . . . and drones . . .

Maybe you should build a bunker too.
    Putin khuliyo