Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was hotfixed during the last shutdown. Basically, Tsulong doesn't receive the healing from Ascendance, which was the spell redirecting all the healing back to him.
    I was attempting to do this a few hours ago, sadly, impossible to do now

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakilo View Post
    It was hotfixed during the last shutdown. Basically, Tsulong doesn't receive the healing from Ascendance, which was the spell redirecting all the healing back to him.
    Now the ones who used this exploit are stuck on him again with their ''fake'' kill taunting at them xD

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    He's probably talking about doing the only thing paladins can do to be competitive on this fight, which is beaconing the boss, blanket EF'ing the raid, and then popping everything before the breath so the heals transferred through beacon to tsulong add up to... the same amount of healing every other class can do to him. lol
    Does this actually work? It's certainly not how I've "stayed competitive" on this fight, and doesn't appear to be a strategy used by the 2 highest ranking US holy paladins, so just curious if anybody can clarify or post logs of somebody using this strat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakilo View Post
    You sure it's ascendance that doesn't heal him? cause then couldn't you just use it on one of the many pets and transfer all the healing with ancestral whatever it is? or did I misunderstand how this works?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    You sure it's ascendance that doesn't heal him? cause then couldn't you just use it on one of the many pets and transfer all the healing with ancestral whatever it is? or did I misunderstand how this works?
    Whatever that healed him is no longer working so it doesn't really matter anymore haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Whatever that healed him is no longer working so it doesn't really matter anymore haha
    unless it was a poor fix and they forgot to think of just pointing the big heal that generates all the extra big heals to another target ? wouldn't be the first time blizz missed something that obvious

Deleted
    I hope a lot of suspensions will follow for people abusing this week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I hope a lot of suspensions will follow for people abusing this week after week.
    For people who used this on a first kill, having to actually learn the fight and down it without cheese is enough of a punishment; not that the boss was even super hard in the first place. For people just trying something fun during farm, there was really no harm done.

Nobody got suspensions for using the old druid 4pc back when this boss actually mattered. Why would they tempban anyone now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    like when you was able to enslave brutallus on sunwell, enslave was meant to enslave demons, brutallus is a demon... working as intended..
    That's very much a bug, bosses aren't mean to be be effected by CC. He is, ergo bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Dreamwalker in ICC
    Beacon on dreamwalker wasn't anything special or "odd" it was just Beacon being Beacon.

Still curious about the whole "EF-blanket prior to getting buffed" thing that was mentioned.

Just did an lfr tsulong.

This of course is missing the huge light of day buff but still has sun breath. I went in to just pop ag and ascendance and see what happens.

He does get healed by restorative mist still in lfr and seems to heal pets still.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3/?s=523&e=873

And AG heals him
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1/?s=523&e=873

So either this only affects heroic mode. Or only the hunter pets/dk pets are not getting healed or maybe it still works.
    I will be able to check on this later tonight maybe on our Heroic tsulong attempt/fight.

In all honesty i think the only change that has been made is that Ag doesnt proc off restorative mist as the blog said it does anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Just did an lfr tsulong.

This of course is missing the huge light of day buff but still has sun breath. I went in to just pop ag and ascendance and see what happens.

He does get healed by restorative mist still in lfr and seems to heal pets still.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3/?s=523&e=873

And AG heals him
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1/?s=523&e=873

So either this only affects heroic mode. Or only the hunter pets/dk pets are not getting healed or maybe it still works.
    I will be able to check on this later tonight maybe on our Heroic tsulong attempt/fight.

In all honesty i think the only change that has been made is that Ag doesnt proc off restorative mist as the blog said it does anymore.
    It certainly seems like Restorative Mists heals pets, and that Tsulong receives healing from Ancestral Guidance. Hopefully the fix is just that the healing done to pets doesn't proc AG, but it seems like there's a lot of different interpretations of how it's actually fixed. Some people are saying Tsulong doesn't receive healing from Ascendance (Restorative Mists), but that would only decrease healing from this strategy marginally.

I have not been able to see for myself if it's fixed, as we extended our reset to maximize our progress time on Sha of Fear.

After doing a little log digging and testing it looks like AG doesn't proc off of any restorative mist healing after the hotfix.

Judging by the fact that this guild http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/mal-ganis/snuffed has managed to kill him a mere 6 hours ago, there still seems to be something 'wrong' with the fight.
    Either that or Tsulong is somehow super easy for a guild like this.

Too bad they didn't log their kill. Or deleted the log, whatever.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-01-17 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Judging by the fact that this guild http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/mal-ganis/snuffed has managed to kill him a mere 6 hours ago, there still seems to be something 'wrong' with the fight.

Yeah, it seems very unlikely any guild with that progress would go on Tsulong heroic and be successful without some sort of bug or unintended mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post

Or they're here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b8yudsopzsnph1cf/

The kill is registered as a 3 second normal kill, but I haven't looked at them any more than that yet

[E] - The kill very well may not be in those logs - again, haven't looked at them closely yet
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2013-01-17 at 08:37 AM.

I've been told there is a dps bug that allows you to kill Tsulong in 3 seconds. Going to looking into it and post back once I've got some information.

If you look at the log, it was a kill in 3 seconds, but is an Invalid kill, prob due to this bug.
    Last edited by Hotfixed Gaming; 2013-01-17 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Or they're here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b8yudsopzsnph1cf/

The kill is registered as a 3 second normal kill, but I haven't looked at them any more than that yet

[E] - The kill very well may not be in those logs - again, haven't looked at them closely yet
    Those logs are totally broken.
    According to their logs they had a 11m38s try which is way past the Berserk timer of the boss. It is also listed as a normal mode kill but checking the guilds Armory confirmes that they have killed Tsulong on Heroic. So, yeah, no clue what's going on there. But it is very fishy, indeed.

It probably was a kill, but RP phase did extend combat and logs just broke and registered 0.35 and 0.3 attempts after. But there is 0 healing on Tsulong in that long attempt. Thats very strange. And by the dps curves, it seems like they had just one 11 minute long night phase.

Deleted
    Don't know why you would cheese this fight anyway, it's one of the more interesting fights. If someone has a way to cheese a 20~ minute Sha of Fear HC, please tell me because that is boredom incarnate.