ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with 3570k

Hi..

I bought a new motherboard and a new CPU, and installed everything but after starting I don't even get the monitor to work (yes, I've moved around the RAMs and I know all the cables are correctly installed).

I've googled some and it seems like my motherboard (ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3) has a outdated BIOS and I need to upgrade it to make it work with my new CPU (Intel Core 3570k).

Is there any way of updating it WITHOUT putting a SandyBridge CPU into the computer and updating it, then putting back my 3570k? Because I don't have a SandyBridge 1155 socket CPU, so I'd have to buy a new one.. :S

Thanks a lot for help!

Flashdrive or Floppydisk?

But if the computer will not boot without the required cpu to sucessfully update the bios (Monitor won't come on)....I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by majinsnake View Post
    Flashdrive or Floppydisk?
    How? Can't even get the monitor to work, can't even enter BIOS or anything..

Got any neighbors whose cpu you can borrow?

That's how I got my first build to work successfully. Luckily my family had a cpu that I could use in my motherboard to update the bios.

You either need to borrow/buy a Sandy bridge CPU or replace the BIOS chip with an updated one.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    You either need to borrow/buy a Sandy bridge CPU or replace the BIOS chip with an updated one.
    How do I replace the BIOS chipset? Is that basically updating it?

Would it be possible to return the motherboard? or have it swapped in store for a Z77? Seems like the best choice* instead of buying another processor or finding a friend. Unless you have a specific need for the Z68.

*Assuming place of purchase allows refunds/swaps.
    Last edited by JadziaDax; 2013-01-17 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    How do I replace the BIOS chipset? Is that basically updating it?
    Well I've heard of people being in the same situation that you are in and when they contacted the motherboard manufacturer they got sent a new BIOS chip with update BIOS via mail.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Asus-P8Z...item416db2236b

They're claiming they have the latest bios available on those chips, just ask some information etc.

How to replace the bios chip -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEQoWRq41k

It's not hard

If you need anything, just ask I have this mobo as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Go to a local computer store, ask them to update your bios for $10. Shouldn't be a problem.

P.S.:
    To make it faster and to increase the chance of it getting done, bring the following with you:
    - the motherboard with RAM already installed
    - (heatsink)
    - your i5-3570k (to test if the update did work)
    - an usb stick with the latest bios on it (unpacked and in the root directory)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically, the easiest thing to do (besides doing the local shop thing) is to contact whoever you got it from and ask for an exchange due to incompatibility. SOMETIMES they'll allow it. Otherwise, it's a matter of swapping bios chips.

Not to chide, but this is why research is super important, and the same reason you can't pair an i3-3220 with the super cheap H61 motherboards usually.