Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardal View Post
    Wild boar is one of the best meats I've ever had that isn't commonly sold
    Quite common here(they breed like rabbits) but yeah it is pretty damn great, have you ever tried it as a replacement to kebab meat? Blows your mind.

OT I understand why people can get upset by this, something has obviously gone wrong when the meat went through "quality control".

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    That is fucked up, please don't eat horses.
    It tastes great, horse sausage for example.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It tastes great, horse sausage for example.
    Well that answers my question on whether or not the Nordics eat horse.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Well that answers my question on whether or not the Nordics eat horse.
    haha it's not super common, but you can get it in most well stocked grocery stores, esp sausages.

That being said, there are those who go "ewww gross" when it comes to horse meat as well. My gf for example, she has been riding horses since she was a kid... but she goes "ewww gross" over all meats. And then you got people like myself, I have been around horses all my life but I don't have any problem eating it, so it's individual, but I would deffo recommand it if you get a chance to eat it and got no cultural/ethical issues with it.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

in some places eating a horse is like eating a dog or cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    haha it's not super common, but you can get it in most well stocked grocery stores, esp sausages.

That being said, there are those who go "ewww gross" when it comes to horse meat as well. My gf for example, she has been riding horses since she was a kid... but she goes "ewww gross" over all meats. And then you got people like myself, I have been around horses all my life but I don't have any problem eating it, so it's individual, but I would deffo recommand it if you get a chance to eat it and got no cultural/ethical issues with it.
    She goes "ewww gross" over your meat? Im so sorry Jack....

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    She goes "ewww gross" over your meat? Im so sorry Jack....
    Only when it smells funny...

I kid! ;P

Deleted
    Seems Barr are quick on the draw today.

Deleted

Love it.

“HE’S BEHIND YOU!...The Tesco burger man.”

Tesco's has to use this in an advert

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I'd eat meat (muscle tissue maybe with some skin) from almost any mammal as long as its not mixed with genitalia, eye, liver, brain, gall bladder or any strange tasting organ. The only issue here is that they were lying to the people about what they were selling them, 71% beef =/= just beef ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Vizardlorde I agree I am not fussed about the horse. The issue is its not a horse burger so where the horse meat come from.

Also beef burger's arent 100% beef in the first place, there is always a "filler" in it, so the 29%of it being horse + the filler, your looking at 60% ish beef in a beef burger

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    as long as its not mixed with genitalia, eye, liver, brain, gall bladder or any strange tasting organ....

i hope you don't eat at any 'fast-food' type....cuz ....you're breaking your own rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Well, people buy beef burgers to eat beef, really. I don't expect to find a bobcat in my sock drawer, nor do I expect horse in my beef burger.
    Maybe I'm not the best person to speak up since I am borderline vegetarian, but people don't buy burgers because they want to eat beef. They buy beef burgers because they taste good. And because they are hungry. :P Seriously, if you found out your favorite burger joint made their burgers with part horse meat, would you really care? IF so, why? It tastes good. It's never gotten you seriously ill. What would change?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be alarmed for two reasons:
    I like horses and they aren't something I'd view as a delicacy.
    Two I don't want high amounts of something in my food when a company doesn't even announce anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Looks like Tesco have been... horsing around with our beefburgers.
    Doh I shoulda seen something like this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    i hope you don't eat at any 'fast-food' type....cuz ....you're breaking your own rule.
    Gheld, food industry logistics, here:
    I'm getting sick of hearing this same bullshit line over and over again.

The primary way fast food restaurants keep the cost of food low is by procuring huge quantities of beef from local producers, warehousing it at a centrally located facility, and bringing it in from there only as it is needed.

The burgers and fries you buy at McDonald's are the exact same frozen burgers and fries you can buy at your local supermarket.

The differences in texture and flavor are all in how the food is prepared. (Fast food tastes like crap because the burger patty is partially cooked in a warming tray until of is needed, when it is then finished off on a grill. This also gives the food the brittle, leathery texture billions of customers have grown to love.)

Creating a specialized burger patty on your own would cost more than buying generic patties that are produced in mass from a third party.

I guess I'd be alright with it if I rode cows and ate horses. But as is it does rub me the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Looks like someone has "beef" with Tesco.

ba-dum-pish

Yeeeah.

For real though, I'm not surprised at all. Cheap meat is cheap, and corporate greed leads to cost-cutting measures that border on atrocity at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    This. Production standards clearly aren't being adhered to if this can happen. So if quality standards aren't being met, how about food safety standards? The whole production process needs to be put under review.

My money is on they did it on purpose..
    Not some big ass horse accidentally walked in to the mincer.

Never buy processed meat, so let me laugh a bit
    *hahaha*
    Ok, done...

Personally i see nothing wrong with the horse meat (are there that many horses they are used for meat filler?)
    It is however, wrong to label it as beef and have so much non-beef meat there.

Deleted
    You should try Tesco's tinned meatballs... They're the dogs bollocks!

Deleted
    If I remember correct as long as they match the % needed to call them "Beef" burgers, they can fill the rest up with other meat sources. Plus it's Tesco Value, I don't really expect anything else from them tbh.