Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder how much the rep gains will be, it's definitely a decent compromise.

Though honestly I didn't have an issue with the dailies as rep only (and i hate dailies!) I found the MOP dailies to be quite fun and some challenging (shado pan, though frustrating sometimes too *Hello NPC compaion that likes to pull everything*)

And now since starting on alts, the bonus rep from my mains commendations, makes my alts rep just shoot up, literally just did all the levelling quests in dread wastes and was half way through revered without even touching a daily! (Klaxxi rep)

I am in favour of giving people choices though, and I do feel for those that really do not like dailies, nothing worse than *feeling* like you are pushed in a direction you don't enjoy in a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Player: "I hate dailies and I want options"

Blizz: "Ok, you can run heroics / PvP / world bosses / scenarios / craft items / LFR"
    Those have nothing to do with reputation.

Player: "I hate dailies and I want more options"

Blizz: "Ok, here's a coin that works for you AND all of the alts on your realm."
    Reputation still connected to dailies.

Player: "I hate dailies and I want more options"

Blizz: "Ok, you can now also get some free rep on your first Heroic / Scenario"
    This is the first real solution they've added.

Not trying to irritate or anything, just pointing out.
    It's a welcome change, it's a shame it took them so long to implement that, but I guess it's better later than never.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect compromise. This way people can get a boost from dungeons, but can't farm them endlessly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    It's a welcome change, it's a shame it took them so long to implement that, but I guess it's better later than never.
    I just wish folks would see that this entire game is built on "grind the first 1/2 , nerf the 2nd half" when it comes to expacs. The other options will be given after the content has been experienced. Much like tome of cold weather flying, or you can fly once you level cap, everything is work at first, and eventually gets easier and more solutions handed out. Been that way in every expac except Cata (worst expansion in WoW). Cata gave everyone early expectations and Blizz saw it was a mistake to just pass out epics like candy. You couldn't swing a troll without smacking some 397 gear. Same thing now. 5.2 will be a bit easier, 5.3 easier again, and if there is a 5.4, who knows... they may finally hand out tabards.

The only reason this was ever an issue was the "hardcore raiders" who were in a rush. The REAL raiders canned the chatter and did what was necessary to get the gear, recipes, and other items.

This sadly does nothing to help alts. They really need to bring back the tabard. Period.

If they truly are going to be stupid about gating it then make the tabard only reward the same out of rep as completing a full set of dailies. Dailies suck a lot. The dailies in Pandaria in particular the Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan are really boring and time consuming and you have to do them so many times. Why is it wrong for players to not like to do the same quests over and over and over and over and over again. Grouping up to complete the dailies doesn't even make it better or more fun because it's just a cluster of people charging the quest area and swaming the mobs like locusts.

I'm exalted with all the Pandaria reps besides the 5.1 rep and Celestians who I am revered with and let me tell you - it sucked and I spent most of my playtime every day doing dailies instead of something fun or something interesting I could do with other people. It really really sucked and even now with only the Celestials left it still sucks.

Deleted
    Nice bonus that feels like a step forward but I'm with the "wish you could do all 7 in one day" as some days I don't have the time to play

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    This sadly does nothing to help alts. They really need to bring back the tabard. Period.
    Proves my earlier statement. Case Closed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good change to me

Proves my earlier statement. Case Closed lol.
    No, it just proves you can take a single line from someone's post and make an arbitrary comment with no value, lol.

I'm not satisfied with daily questing as a mechanic that gates all the gear and reputation in the game exclusively. I would like options to get these rep by doing things I can enjoy with my friend. Which is how it was when I began playing the game and has now become an enjoyable repetitious clusterfuck.

Try again, maybe have some actual points and reasonable discussion, LOL LOL LOL

Case REOPENED LOLOLOLOL

If they truly are going to be stupid about gating it then make the tabard only reward the same out of rep as completing a full set of dailies. Dailies suck a lot. The dailies in Pandaria in particular the Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan are really boring and time consuming and you have to do them so many times. Why is it wrong for players to not like to do the same quests over and over and over and over and over again. Grouping up to complete the dailies doesn't even make it better or more fun because it's just a cluster of people charging the quest area and swaming the mobs like locusts.

I'm exalted with all the Pandaria reps besides the 5.1 rep and Celestians who I am revered with and let me tell you - it sucked and I spent most of my playtime every day doing dailies instead of something fun or something interesting I could do with other people. It really really sucked and even now with only the Celestials left it still sucks.
    When will people its their choice to make an alt and it will be more work for the benefits of having an alt? This game isn't ment that everyone is supposed to be gearing 2-3 toons at once. They give all these things to do so people don't have to make alts to have something to do. Also fun fact: Its your choice to do the dailies at your own speed, if being exalted with all is your top priority its no ones falt you spent your time doing dailies.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    When will people its their choice to make an alt and it will be more work for the benefits of having an alt? This game isn't ment that everyone is supposed to be gearing 2-3 toons at once. They give all these things to do so people don't have to make alts to have something to do. Also fun fact: Its your choice to do the dailies at your own speed, if being exalted with all is your top priority its no ones falt you spent your time doing dailies.
    The best gear pre-raid gear and the best enchants are gated behind reps, try again. It's also the best place to spend all the valor I earn

Since i started playing I was able to maintain more then one character at raid readiness to increase my fun and value from the game and allow me to do raids more then once a week. Try again.

How you want to play the game and I want to play the game are different. I like having multiple characters so I can raid on all of them. In every other expansion I was able to do so without having to do sets of poorly designed, slow, and boring dailies every day as the ONLY WAY to get profession recipes and the best non-raid gear. If rep rewards didn't drop better then LFR gear or must-have enchants I wouldn't have done them. But they do, and they were given those rewards because Blizzard wants people to want those rewards and they want people to do the dailies. I did them once, why do I NEED to do them again? Why, for my second time earning all this crap, can't I do it in a way that I would fine fun and would allow me to play spending more of my time doing things I like while getting rep I need at a reasonable speed. Cap the amount you get from tabards as the same from dailies, that's fine. But I don't want to have to do them AGAIN on an alt.

When will people learn that trying to force everyone to play the game their way just results in people unsubbing. Something about dailies and rep comes up in basically every blue post update on the site. Obviously people are dissatisfied with the system as it is in the game. Obviously the game is now ADDING restrictions there were not in place previously to impede the progression of alts and in general.

If this reward earns you the same amount of rep you'd get from doing a full set of dailies, then maybe I'd be satisfied. I don't think daily quests, the most boring and slow paced mechanism for gating in the game, should be the exclusive path to reputations.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-01-17 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems nice, but only on your first Heroic / Scenario seems lame. Should be you can only earn a certain amount of reputation a day, which would limit the rate you push forward, but be more flexible.
    That would suck! I can earn 30,000+ rep with the Klaxxi in about 3 hours (guild bonus + commendation) on the opening quests, putting me half way through revered.

Meh, once again taking the cheapest route out.

When will people learn that trying to force everyone to play the game their way just results in people unsubbing. Something about dailies and rep comes up in basically every blue post update on the site. Obviously people are dissatisfied with the system as it is in the game. Obviously the game is now ADDING restrictions there were not in place previously to impede the progression of alts and in general
    There are more options in this xpac then there have ever been, you are just upset they arn't easier. Just because this isn't wrath free epics doens't doesn't mean you HAVE to do dailies. Just learn to play your own style and be happy about it, i mean im a mount whore but i take my time with reps because its more enjoyable to me and i raid alot. Would it be easier to have tabard rep? Yeah id prolly be exalted with all now.
    Woul i enjoy it more? No, there is no showing you worked to get those mounts. Just because you don't raid doesn't mean you should get all these epics instantly unlocked for you, its your style of play.
    You have the benefit's of alt's profesions and gold making and play styles to give you an advantage.
    Does it mean blizzard should throw epics at you? No.

By the way you don't need a single rep gear item to get into lfr, and progress into real raiding.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

There are more options in this xpac then there have ever been, you are just upset they arn't easier.
    There is no more ways to gain rep than there was in Cata, they just went from one extreme to another.

There are more options in this xpac then there have ever been, you are just upset they arn't easier. Just because this isn't wrath free epics doens't doesn't mean you HAVE to do dailies. Just learn to play your own style and be happy about it, i mean im a mount whore but i take my time with reps because its more enjoyable to me and i raid alot. Would it be easier to have tabard rep? Yeah id prolly be exalted with all now.
    Woul i enjoy it more? No, there is no showing you worked to get those mounts. Just because you don't raid doesn't mean you should get all these epics instantly unlocked for you, its your style of play.
    You have the benefit's of alt's profesions and gold making and play styles to give you an advantage.
    Does it mean blizzard should throw epics at you? No.

By the way you don't need a single rep gear item to get into lfr, and progress into real raiding.
    The rep rewards are the best gear outside regular raiding and better then LFR gear which isn't a given. If RNG doesn't favor me in LFR, which it hasn't, my options are to not get gear....or do the reps.

Please stop telling me to "Learn to play your own style". That is what I asking for, is the ability to play the way I want to.

Also please read my post. I am not asking for "free epics". In every one of my suggestions I've said I would be fine if they capped the amount of rep you could earn from tabards at the same rate you gain rep from dailies.

How is that making things easier? How is doing dailies any more challenging then doing heroic runs? Because they're not fun? Because I don't enjoy it? Is that the badge of honor I'm supposed to wear? "I DID SOMETHING I DIDN'T ENJOY TO GET GEAR, BASK IN MY GLORY MORTALS AHAHAHAAH"

Please stop bringing "You just want it to be easier and want free epics" into the equation. That's not what this is about. I don't want to do dailies exclusively as a means to gain rep. I think they are poorly designed and get boring the second time you do them, let alone the 20th. Gate me at the same rate, fine. But let me earn rep from another source besides dailies, which WAS the design since I've been playing.
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-01-17 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sadly does nothing to help alts. They really need to bring back the tabard. Period. .
    Why, so we can replace "grind dailies every day" with "grind dungeons until Exalted"? No fucking thank you.
    People need to embrace gating because it's a good thing. An MMO needs progression, lest we go back to the massive WotLK QQ about having "nothing to do" because you finish the content in a month. Or worse, Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Why, so we can replace "grind dailies every day" with "grind dungeons until Exalted"? No fucking thank you.
    People need to embrace gating because it's a good thing. An MMO needs progression, lest we go back to the massive WotLK QQ about having "nothing to do" because you finish the content in a month.
    Read my actual post. And I never once had nothing to do in WOtLK. It was the most fun expansion I have played in and I was able to raid in 10s and 25s on three characters every week and run dungeons every day with friends to get rep up for an alt or to help an alt gear up. I was able to get into Arenas and PVP on two characters so that one playstyle never got stale. It was a blast. Best wow expansion by a mile. Easily

But even so, you didn't read my post. So, maybe do that before you comment.

I don't like doing dailies. I like doing dungeons more then I like doing dailies. In every expansion I have played I was able to gain rep from doing dungeons with my friends. Except now, and it sucks. It's not better game design.

If you actually read my post, it says "If they must gate, then let the tabards give the same rep you earn from dailies" and that's it. What would be so bad about that?
    Last edited by Mordredofmia; 2013-01-17 at 07:10 PM.

People need to embrace gating because it's a good thing. An MMO needs progression, lest we go back to the massive WotLK QQ about having "nothing to do" because you finish the content in a month. Or worse, Cata.
    Gating is almoust never a good thing and works as only artificial cock-block. They really should look into the past and to what they did right with the system.

Something I wrote a while back on this matter:

Reputation - Back to roots.

After doing more dailies than one life-time requires, I started to ponder on the system and it's shortcomings. Especially in light of GC recently tweeting something about possibly putting a cap on reputation gains (A baffling choice if I might add)

I came into a conclusion that dailies are just not the way to go as main bread and butter when it comes to reputation. They should work as something extra that is there if you want to work on, or maybe a part of process that gets fulfilled when you're otherwise working on reputation.

When I look at reputation "grinds" (Which set amount of dailies certainly is not, it's just a chore to be done with) the best example of it all comes from all the way back of vanilla and Argent Dawn. Simply because of it's diversity if nothing else. There were TONS of ways you could gain rep with AD, especially at the end of vanilla. Let me list some of them:

Farming outdoor mobs up til friendly/honored (Depending on mob type)
    Farming instance mobs up til honored (Bosses gave rep all the way to exalted)
    Scourge Insignias, three types of them based on the strength of the undead mob and the drop rate was quite high. Required a trinket for drops but the AD blue trinket with AP/SP against undeads was extremely powerful for it's time.
    Cauldron runs (Repeteable quests where you go gather mats from undeads to disable cauldrons)
    8 different resource turn-ins that were very farmable due to high drop rates but also came as an extra pretty much regardless of what you did. (These also gave you marks to buy some of the best pre-raid stuff from AD faction, along with biggest bag of the game at the time)

There was plenty of ways to increase rep with AD, none of which required daily commitment to reach certain level within the faction. On the contrary, it was all on the player's hand how fast or slow the progression happened instead of artificial barriers to slow down the process.

What also made a large difference was that you could farm AD rep on two separate zones and in two rather large instances (Strath being almoust half the size of Stormwind) and there was always some lone spot where you didn't have to compete with others if you wanted some peace.

None of them gave particulary much rep, the mobs awarded 5 rep per kill 'til the limit, turn ins 50 and insignia turn ins some more. But it was continuous process on which player could dictate how to spend the time and if he didn't, something always piled up regardless.

All we have nowdays is pretty much just dailies, dailies and some more dailies (Rare exceptions occur in extreme rarity, Klaxxi *COUGH COUGH TOTALLY FARMABLE SENSIBLY*) and I don't think the system that was so diverse before required such dumbing down as it came to be and I'd love to see some inspiration taken on how AD rep worked out in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to be dailies or tabards? Cata had it the best imo, Ramkahen, Twi-Hi, etc. had both dailies to do for rep and a tabard to champion with. That is an option
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.