Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like another special snowflake has melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The glaives and Thori'dal were the best examples of RNG, since they were just drops. They didn't even involve a long quest chain, all it took to get Glaives and Thori'dal was PURE LUCK... Jeesh, worst examples ever....
    Beat me to what I was going to post. 100% agree with this; Glaives and Thori'dal pure RNG and worst choice of examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Twin Glaives of Azzinoth would like to have a word with you.

Thoridal would like to have a word with you.
    Glaives and Thoridal are the literal definition of Lucky RNG. You had no way of controlling the drop rates. They literally just dropped or they did not. There was not build up quest, there was no good lore story to explain why players are getting weapons of such devastating power, they just dropped.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.

Ya they were lol. Especially the best guilds in the world that were doing 3-4 runs a week.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postpunk27 View Post
    Looks like another special snowflake has melted.
    The guys not even special like if this person has been here in cata he would know mostly even medicore guilds ran with legendaries; In BC even garbage guilds had legendaries because all it took was RNG,

Lol'd

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    Ya they were lol. Especially the best guilds in the world that were doing 3-4 runs a week.
    Very much more; You know how many staves it look + mages on spine of deathwing? It was f'ing dumb as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    The guys not even special like if this person has been here in cata he would know mostly even medicore guilds ran with legendaries; In BC even garbage guilds had legendaries because all it took was RNG,

Lol'd
    Exactly. My server, the first set of glaives was finished by a guild that killed Illidan weeks after the top, just because the top guild got screwed on RNG for the Mainhand.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Never really thought of a Lengendary as being about rarity really, sure back in the day when they were drops, they did seem rare. but I always thought of a Legendary weapon, to be more of a Lore bit.

Which is why I always thought it odd they just randomly dropped off a boss, without much background or explanation.

I love the way the new Legendaries work (and we still don't know what the final incarnation of this whole Legendary chain will be) Instead of a random drop off a mob, they are bringing in story, giving us background, taking us along on the journey. That in my eyes is way more Lengendary than having a boss keel over and looting it off his corpse.

Everyone should have access to these new quest chains, not everyone will beable to finish them, but they should be allowed to go along with the story as far as they can and be included in this part of the content.

Its definitely imo a waay better way to do it than previous incarnations!

Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    It's not common. Do you see 75% of the people afking in orgrimmar/stormwind with the legendary gem? I thought so. Do you know what the end result is going to be? I thought so. Legendaries in vanilla/BC were for the most part just random loot droops. What kinda skill took that? A noob guild could get it on their first kill ever, or a hardcore guild might NEVER get it. Seems balanced amirite? I think you're just butthurt you don't get to be a special snowflake. Move along people, nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Glaives and Thoridal are the literal definition of Lucky RNG. You had no way of controlling the drop rates. They literally just dropped or they did not. There was not build up quest, there was no good lore story to explain why players are getting weapons of such devastating power, they just dropped.
    Well, it kind of did make sense for the War Glaives. They were the weapons Illidan just moments before used to hit you over the head with, after all.

stop crying already...

you say legendary means that just a few people have that item...
    but legendary really means that the item's stats are better than the epic ones and according to blizzards explanation that it takes a long time and effort to get them (at least many weeks while epics drop every now and then).

so your highly arrogant statement really is... i want to be better than the casual gamers and they are not supposed to have the same items like me cause i play more. well guess what... everyone pays the same money for an account and deserves it as much as you! if they are casual they will need much longer than you anyway... that's the difference. so now stop trying to destroy the game for the people who don't want to waste as much time as you for wow. everyone is entitled to have fun. thank you.

At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.
    Wasn't aware it took heroic gear to get either of the legendarys in Cata. Oh wait that's right it didn't. Just another Jaylock spin.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 07:06 PM ----------

Ateish would like to have a word with you.

It's obvious someone does not know what RNG is.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    There you have it folks, elitism at it's worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    It's not common. Do you see 75% of the people afking in orgrimmar/stormwind with the legendary gem? I thought so. Do you know what the end result is going to be? I thought so. Legendaries in vanilla/BC were for the most part just random loot droops. What kinda skill took that? A noob guild could get it on their first kill ever, or a hardcore guild might NEVER get it. Seems balanced amirite? I think you're just butthurt you don't get to be a special snowflake. Move along people, nothing to see here!
    Pretty much this. I like the concept that it takes some dedication throughout the whole expansion and not just dumb luck.

Still a bit annoyed that I get my awesome gem but can't for the life of me get the weapon to drop... but that's another story.

Huh did I miss something? Perhaps I was a scrub and didn't know the secret to beating RNG. It was as the person you quoted said "nothing but a symbol of lucky RNG"
    "Peace is a lie"

All of them involve drops...
    and mostly low drop rate, how is that not luck?
    That is massive amount of luck.
    Some top guild never got Glaives in current tier just because of luck and luck alone...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    There you have it folks, elitism at it's worst.
    Hes not even elite like the guys been doing this for awhile HE HASN'T EVEN LINKED HIS PROFILE to even support being ''good'' or hell even making silly threads It's just atrocious

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks legendary-y enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.
    I agree with all of this. I mean, it used to be that Epics were hard to get, then they started getting handed out like candy. This is next step--making Legendary items...not. I don't think it'll be a flooding of them because there is still a lot of time-consuming grinding to get to it, but it's still dumb to have such a low entry to Legendary gear.

Yeah, please explain how these items are not RNG AT ALL.

The only legendary who was ever legendary in terms of rarity may be atiesh. Oh, and the amulett only one dude in the entire world got.

You could get shadowmourne with 30k gold for the saronite and a week or two of raiding. The current legendary quest already takes more effort than that.