Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Could the community be anything but negative? Begging for any alternative to dailies and here it is now this is "lame" Come on.
    Well i agree with Hyve in one part, i think it will help a little more if you had a reputation daily limit and not just on the first one, but i do agree with you that is better than nothing and that's a good way to get reputation without doing so many dailys..., Well it also depends on how much Reputation you get for dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just make the tabards that you buy at exalted BoA and have them provide Rep.
    That way you have to do the slow grind at least once. And you can get your alts geared out faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I miss grinds like goblin rep, Winterspring, Argent Dawn, Cenarion Circle and so on. Yes there a pure mob kill grind, but thats totally fine for me. I did loads off thoes, and never minded it. I was exalted with Argent Dawn inn classic wow as a druid, and that was totally fine spending so much time on killing stuff.
    You forgot the Brood of Nozdormu or Shen'drala or Ravenholdt .... thats where u can grind.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    Read my actual post.
    Only my first sentence was directed to you specifically. Thus why I separated the second point into a new line and addressed it to "people".

I liked WotLK, but it was way too accessible. You may have had no complains about having nothing to do, but you can't deny it was one of the biggest (unwarranted, as always) complaints the fanbase had. Being able to get an alt to 80 and be raid ready after a week (mere days, if you were diligent) was not something I particularly agree with. So they start gating content, and adding more things to do and all people can do is complain again some more.

See, I'm the reverse of you. I hate dungeons, and would rather do progressive dailies (Shieldwall, not so much GL/SP). You can't assume your opinion is universal. Either way, I'm not against having a champion system that lets you get rep from dungeons with a daily cap set to the same as daily quests. But what they're doing now isn't that different...they haven't said how much rep you gain per dungeon or per scenario. Heck, depending on how much they do give it could even be your idea but quicker and more efficient.

Deleted
    No, it just proves you can take a single line from someone's post and make an arbitrary comment with no value, lol.

I'm not satisfied with daily questing as a mechanic that gates all the gear and reputation in the game exclusively. I would like options to get these rep by doing things I can enjoy with my friend. Which is how it was when I began playing the game and has now become an enjoyable repetitious clusterfuck.

Try again, maybe have some actual points and reasonable discussion, LOL LOL LOL

Case REOPENED LOLOLOLOL
    Actually he does that the whole time, might just want to ignore it. Or have a look at his linked character and you can see that he has no idea what he is talking about because he has never even done any daily quests or reputations.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the "Depends on how much rep it is if it will be worth it" comments.

You do a Heroic/Scenario then it's free Rep that you don't get now. It doesn't really matter how much it is (I would expect somewhere between a single daily's worth and the rough equivalent of doing all of the dailies for that faction for the day) because anything is more than you get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems nice, but only on your first Heroic / Scenario seems lame. Should be you can only earn a certain amount of reputation a day, which would limit the rate you push forward, but be more flexible.
    So they make it so you can only earn however much you can earn in a single Heroic and Scenario. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Could the community be anything but negative? Begging for any alternative to dailies and here it is now this is "lame" Come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I personally preferred the "7 heroics a week"-idea as well, it amounts to the same result in the long run, but allows players who can't log on every day (But log on for longer periods of time the days they do log on) to get the same result over a week...
    But kingriku is right. When they announced the 7 in a week, there were tons of tears saying it wasn't fair to the people who dedciated themselves to logging on everyday. That this was another example of the casuals ruining the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    If someone doesn't play as much they really don't deserve the reward.

And yet those same people are now crying for an easier way to gain rep. Frankly if these people don't want to put in the effort:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    ... they really don't deserve the reward.
    The same group whining about the game being too easy for casuals, don't want to put in the effort. So I see it like this:
    I don't want casuals to get stuff easy, make them work for it BUT I deserve an easy way to get what I want.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Why does it have to be dailies or tabards? Cata had it the best imo, Ramkahen, Twi-Hi, etc. had both dailies to do for rep and a tabard to champion with. That is an option
    No arguments here, both options should be open. What I argue against in regards to tabards is the lack of a cap. Being able to grind an endless amount of rep each day made it feel mandatory. Gasp! The same complaint people now have about dailies. Blizzard needs to compromise, and this is a good step towards that.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tugnutt7 View Post
    Why not just make the tabards that you buy at exalted BoA and have them provide Rep.
    That way you have to do the slow grind at least once. And you can get your alts geared out faster.
    That's pretty much what I would have expected as the most obvious way.

You gated it for everyone's main, you allowed alts to speed up the process without simply making reps account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The real question is, will it grant you a fixed about of rep at the end of the run, or it it from killing mobs and bosses like normal?

If it's the latter everyone will just run whichever instance gives the most rep every day.
    That's kind of my worry.

If they go back to the Mobs give X rep model, the LFD dynamic is going to get fuuuucked.

You're gonna get dudes who just want to grind VP clashing with people who want to full-clear for rep. That's going to get caustic.

The rep rewards are the best gear outside regular raiding and better then LFR gear which isn't a given. If RNG doesn't favor me in LFR, which it hasn't, my options are to not get gear....or do the reps.
    You are really asking them to change two design decisions in MoP, the first being that rep comes from dailies. They have softened their stance on this in 5.2 apparently. We have yet to see how much rep one will be able to get through this new mechanic. I suspect that doing dailies will ultimately be the faster option, with the dungeon/scenario rep award being just enough to be a viable, if inferior, alternative. And unless they put a cap of some kind in, doing both would become the fastest way to grind these reps out.

The second design decision, one that you seem to either be ignoring or are unaware of, is the intended purpose of valor gear. You keep saying it is the best possible pre-raid gear. Yet it is not meant to be pre-raid gear. It is meant to be a supplement to the gear you get from raids. The grind required to unlock it combined with the low Valor cap enforces this, with the valor cap being the more restrictive gate. This is why you can't get valor gear any faster than roughly 1 piece every two weeks. Blizzard wants the primary source of gear to be boss drops. They have stated this multiple times. So you really need to stop thinking of VP gear as pre-raid gear, because it's not.

Normal raids can be done in 460+ gear. Probably even less than that now, as you can probably be carried to a certain degree. The drop rate on gear in LFR is nowhere near as bad as people want to make it out to be (mathematically higher than the chance of getting gear in a normal/heroic raid), and the 5.0 LFRs are going to have that increased in 5.2. Plus there will be the world bosses, which now won't even require you to be in a raid to get loot from as long as your faction is fighting it already. So there are tons of options to get gear. If you do not like any of them, then I'm am sorry but the problem lies with you, not with Blizzard.

If you actually read my post, it says "If they must gate, then let the tabards give the same rep you earn from dailies" and that's it. What would be so bad about that?
    Dungeons already offer more rewards than almost every other activity in the game. Blizzard decided, when they chose to remove rep tabards, that gain reputation and thus access to reputation rewards, on top of the other rewards already associated with dungeons, would be too rewarding. This would lead to dungeon grinding once again being far and away the most efficient option by far for advancing your character, to the point that it become the only thing most people do whether they want to or not. Blizzard wants other forms of content to be an option. Which is why I believe that the rep gain from this Championing system will end up being less than what could be earned otherwise from dailies.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-01-17 at 07:37 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Honestly, I wish that in addition to the daily quests, they would allow for up to 2k worth of championing. This way, if you don't have time for a full round of Golden Lotus, or flying across Pandaria for factions, you can still get a decent amount of daily rep. If you had time to do all the dailies + a dungeon/scenario, then you could get rep faster.

I would have much rather preferred this instead of the commendations because now, you only need to grind 10,500 rep at revered to hit exalted (gets doubled to 21,000). As a result, it's faster to hit exalted from revered than it is to hit revered from honored.

As for what they implemented... fingers crossed it works for other factions because screw O'grila dailies.

This sadly does nothing to help alts. They really need to bring back the tabard. Period.

If they truly are going to be stupid about gating it then make the tabard only reward the same out of rep as completing a full set of dailies. Dailies suck a lot. The dailies in Pandaria in particular the Golden Lotus and Shado-Pan are really boring and time consuming and you have to do them so many times. Why is it wrong for players to not like to do the same quests over and over and over and over and over again. Grouping up to complete the dailies doesn't even make it better or more fun because it's just a cluster of people charging the quest area and swaming the mobs like locusts.

I'm exalted with all the Pandaria reps besides the 5.1 rep and Celestians who I am revered with and let me tell you - it sucked and I spent most of my playtime every day doing dailies instead of something fun or something interesting I could do with other people. It really really sucked and even now with only the Celestials left it still sucks.
    But why did you push to exalted? All the gear is available at revered. You spent way more time than needed. Don't tell me you wanted easy mounts and vanity items, because if that is your point, well I have no pity.

I did all to revered except Klaxxi and Golden Lotus so I had access to gear, and frankly even on my alts (5 90s) it isn't that bad with the double rep. I am so confused at the people bitching about how hard it is. They are fast and done (revered) fairly quick. I even have the 5.1 faction done on my main and revered with an alt. my main doesn't even do dailies as I have been done for weeks and have enough coins for 8 weeks of turn ins.

When I see people still crying about the effort, it tells me then didn't put in the effort yet, other wise they would have been done a month or more ago.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Excuse me? I don't personally think a change goes far enough, so I am being negative? I don't like the current reputation gating system, or the dailies gating system.
    It is there because otherwise people will say that are "forced" to do 100 hour grindathon non-stop in order to raid...

Just like people are "forced" to do daily every day to raid, even they cap valor gain to ensure you don't have too.

Great now In order to max rep out I have to do dailies AND heroics and a scenario. Why can't they just put a daily cap on rep gains per faction?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Great now In order to max rep out I have to do dailies AND heroics and a scenario. Why can't they just put a daily cap on rep gains per faction?
    Because then you'd be whining about how they don't let us get enough rep points per day and that you're tired of doing the same thing over and over.

This is a good change and I welcome it.

Case REOPENED LOLOLOLOL
    Oh, you thought I meant the Beggars For Alternatives case was closed... no... that one will never close thanks to folks who can't handle things as they are. The case I was closing was the statement I made about it never being enough and people always wanting more since they are never satisfied. That comment I quoted proved my point.

But you're right. The begging for alternatives will never end...

"LOLOLOLOL"

They still may. In fact it would not surprise me at all if they did. Otherwise instead of offering an alternative, they just added a different kind of daily to do on top of they others.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    I 100% knew this post was coming from someone.

This thread and this post is 100% proof that whatever blizzard do EVER people will moan, bitch and complain about every single thing.

They could give every one Exalted with every single faction when they ding 90 and people would still moan they need to fly to the vendor to get the gear.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-01-17 at 07:59 PM.