Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    The Aedra don't really interfere in the lives of mortals. Akatosh can be seen as an exception, heck its possible that the dragonborn is an avatar of Akatosh. We all remember the end of the main quest in oblivion where he used the last Septim to drink Dagon under the table.
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    So it turns out my saves became corrupted because scripted mods did not uninstall properly (they almost never because of the way Bethesda allows scripts from mod to inject themselves into savegames - essentially making the mod essential to the saves). Getting real tired of redoing the FusRoDah line and the companion's questline. This must be my, what, 3rd time in 2 weeks? >.< Anyone has any idea for something different to try so I don't kill myself visiting the same places in the first 10 levels?

Save a base file after that point. Use that save when you want to test out new mods. Never save over it and any time you want to start a new mod you can start from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.
    What power? Well, with the exception of Akatosh and maybe a few others. I remember a quest from oblivion DLC where someone lifted you in the sky.. I think it was Aedra? At least some of them may even not be "real".. like Talos. How could they possibly know he ascended anywhere..

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:00 PM ----------

After nearly 2 days of modding it from the scratch (first attempt ruined the game so I reinstalled it), I have to say it feels and looks amazing now!

There are still a few minor details Im not 100% happy with but it sure looks and feels fantastic now. With over 200 mods installed, I actually got the frame rate to drop below 60 in cities as well. Not much but it says Ive reached the limit. 2 ENBs, over 400 NPCs (random and voiced), only 5 of them stand out for poor voice acting quality but I kind of like to play dice and it's minor anyway and the new inn noise makes it less noticeable. And some other minor things too. Im optimistic though, will probably get most of them out today.. /sigh. I never want to do this again:P

There are some really amazing mods out there, including one where you can actually buy and make paintings and hang them up everywhere.

You have over 200 mods installed? wow. If I have more than a few I start to get CTD's all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You have over 200 mods installed? wow. If I have more than a few I start to get CTD's all over the place.
    Yea.. a lot of them are texture replacers though so they carry no risk. I only had crashes when uninstalling mods and then loading a save. Never really had them from installing anything.. but then again I only get quality, endorsed mods and read the comments before installing. If there are too many telling about errors then I dont get it. Anyway, it's around 3 hours testing so far on a level 100 character with all skills maxed at 150 (skyre needs 130 and even 140 for some skills so I increased the cap and lowered the exp the skills give toward level by 1/3) and there were only a few minor things that didnt work and could be fixed by console.

Anyway there are some true gems out there, my inns look amazing now with the new sounds, enb, probably 20-30 people there during evenings, dancing, chatting, eating etc. Only problem was them getting in the way at first but sprinting through the crowd pushes them out of the way (with some rude comments directed at me):P

But that's enough too. Im only going to get updates, maybe some minor cosmetic mods and high quality voice acted quest mods from now on. I would never want to do this again.. and starting over isn't an option either, I've done that too far too many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    <snip>
    Man. I thought my list of 71 was terrible. I'm still getting 60 fps (won't tolerate anything below 50) and that's only because if I don't cap the framerate, I get killed every time I enter an interior by flying plates, flying goblets and bouncing food.

Would you mind PMing me your list of mods? Would be interesting to see what you have. I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.

Deleted
    Man. I thought my list of 71 was terrible. I'm still getting 60 fps (won't tolerate anything below 50) and that's only because if I don't cap the framerate, I get killed every time I enter an interior by flying plates, flying goblets and bouncing food.

Would you mind PMing me your list of mods? Would be interesting to see what you have. I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.
    Sure, if you'd tell me how to get it I use the original launcher to order and manage them and skse to play and can't exactly copy the names from the launcher and even then, there are at least as many texture replacements, new voices, music, mesh mods (like the floating quivers fix, vampire eyes fix, burned face fix) and ENBs, SKSE launcher, uncapper that don't show up on the list at all.

In hindsight, I should have done it after Dragonborn is out for PC:P Many of the mods might not play nicely with it. As for the FPS, it stays mostly at 60 and only drops to 50ish in Solitude and Riften and sometimes to 40s in a really grassy, forested, areas with large walls of mountains.. I guess because of all the 8k and 4k textures, extra grass, smooth shadows and the bloom effect. Strangely NPCs don't slow it down at all. For example the plains near Rorikstead are filled with animal packs and grass (now), huge wolf packs running over the hills, NPCs fighting.. possibly 50-100 of them on the screen and it's still at 60 while at the same time, staring at one glossy, bloomy rock in solitude from very close drops it to 50.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-01-17 at 11:37 AM.

HSo, I had been debating for a while. I have played the same charicter since i got skyrim on release. Been 81 for a while now but still have alot of questing left to do and wanted two things tougher enemies and progression for my "toon" so I broke down and got the gift of akatosh figureing reseting skills would give me progression and hen some mods for powering up foe's ect. Whell it f@$%& me, im leveling twice off one skill up, even more poerful then ever, i knew the gear with the mod would be hax but not the leveling. Im going to have to start a new toon, any good mods out there for difficulty besides the dragon one? * and before you say it, i didnt power level or exploit the system with loops, just normal gameplay*
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuAS View Post
    HSo, I had been debating for a while. I have played the same charicter since i got skyrim on release. Been 81 for a while now but still have alot of questing left to do and wanted two things tougher enemies and progression for my "toon" so I broke down and got the gift of akatosh figureing reseting skills would give me progression and hen some mods for powering up foe's ect. Whell it f@$%& me, im leveling twice off one skill up, even more poerful then ever, i knew the gear with the mod would be hax but not the leveling. Im going to have to start a new toon, any good mods out there for difficulty besides the dragon one? * and before you say it, i didnt power level or exploit the system with loops, just normal gameplay*
    I highly recommend Skyrim Redone. I skeptical about it at first, it seemed kinda restrictive to remove all the smithing/alchemy/enchanting boost gear and potions but I gate it a try and have to say it's actually perfect.. except for guards 2 shoting me with their crossbows no matter how much health I get. But it's not really a problem as I dont intent to kill them anyway..

I highly recommend Skyrim Redone. I skeptical about it at first, it seemed kinda restrictive to remove all the smithing/alchemy/enchanting boost gear and potions but I gate it a try and have to say it's actually perfect.. except for guards 2 shoting me with their crossbows no matter how much health I get. But it's not really a problem as I dont intent to kill them anyway..
    Does it needany other add-on's/mods to work?
    Also sorry about the horrid grammer & spelling posting from my phone
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuAS View Post
    Does it needany other add-on's/mods to work?
    Also sorry about the horrid grammer & spelling posting from my phone
    Not really.. it does work well with some other mods but if you're not into freezing to death and camping etc. they're not needed. If you're using armor/weapon mods and they don't have compatibility patches, it does need http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28467 though. Enable all the armor/weapon mods, run this, then they should be on par with everything else the mod changes and benefit from perks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I just finished the Dawn Guard DLC and it was pretty cool as I sided with the Vampires. Is the Dawn Guard side quest as good as the Vampires because im thinking of starting over just to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    So I just finished the Dawn Guard DLC and it was pretty cool as I sided with the Vampires. Is the Dawn Guard side quest as good as the Vampires because im thinking of starting over just to do them.
    Depends on your character. It's nice for archers or paladin types. The items you get from the side quests are interesting, like a hammer that places a fire rune when you bash with it. There's also series of quests to upgrade the crossbow, adding explosive fire, frost, and shock bolts. I prefer the Volkihar side quests, mostly because the items they are a bit more interesting as they augment the player's vampire form. Quests outside of those that offer items have a bit more variety; they include turning people into vampires while the Dawngaurd's quests all center around "kill these guys/this guy."

Deleted
    What power? Well, with the exception of Akatosh and maybe a few others. I remember a quest from oblivion DLC where someone lifted you in the sky.. I think it was Aedra? At least some of them may even not be "real".. like Talos. How could they possibly know he ascended anywhere..
    Well, exactly. There aren't many examples of Aedra power apart from the ones that you suggested, the altars and amulets are the most conspicious examples of their power. They are mostly "absent" deities. The Kynareth quest in Skyrim (starts in Whiterun) displays some power, but like some of the Daedra quests you can choose a good or bad ending. I think I read somewhere that "Nordic legend" holds that Kynareth guided Paarthurnax to give the power of the Thu'um to people , but I did not see any mention of that in the main questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 123 mods myself. Well, 123 plugins according to NMM. Some mods probably use multiple plugins. Anyway I run 60-70 fps, unless I'm roaming the open world map. I can dip to the 30s depending on the area (stupid misty marshes). It's annoying but if you manually (as in, without relying on BOSS) sort your load order you can avoid a lot of performance loss/compatibility issues. You also have to carefully watch what you install for conflicts. It makes for some tough decisions...I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    I'm pretty much done testing and am starting over for the final, no-more-looking-at-nexus time. Am considering ditching all the RP and realism mods altogether.
    Impossible! I've tried so many times, but amazing mods come out weekly. I also can't live without RP mods...I don't know why. Probably 1/3 of my 120+ mods are for things like adding birds to Skyrim, animations for warming your hands at a fireplace, head tracking, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I think I read somewhere that "Nordic legend" holds that Kynareth guided Paarthurnax to give the power of the Thu'um to people , but I did not see any mention of that in the main questline.
    Actually the graybeards do say it:P But the amulets and altars dont really show any power. The amulets are just rather weak enchanted items and the altars well.. the effects other than cure disease are pretty minor. Could be just wishful thinking and placebo effect or for game play purposes. As for cure disease, I don't think it's canon. I've read plenty of ingame books and there is no mention of it anywhere, a lot people just die of disease there or get cured my restoration mages.. plus if you run into that hunter who claims to be bitten by a vampire and asks for a potion, they also want to find a priest instead of just praying at some altar. I guess the altars cure if for game play reasons, so you wouldnt have to run around looking for an alchemy shop that sells the potions or feel forced to level alchemy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    Oh oh! I have a question about that mod if you've used it. How immersive and role friendly is it? I decided not to install it for now for several reason and I plan to do civil war in the end anyway if at all. The biggest issue I had with it (judging from description) was the mount arena or whatever it was called where you can arrange battles and something called god of war which is something I'm not too happy about. Also another problem is huge battles leaving tons of loot, it's no problem if it's just iron, steel and the usual hide, fur and stormcloak or imperial junk but if its elven, glass and high quality weapons and bows then it would just make all the expensive this and that mods meaningless..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 123 mods myself. Well, 123 plugins according to NMM. Some mods probably use multiple plugins. Anyway I run 60-70 fps, unless I'm roaming the open world map. I can dip to the 30s depending on the area (stupid misty marshes). It's annoying but if you manually (as in, without relying on BOSS) sort your load order you can avoid a lot of performance loss/compatibility issues. You also have to carefully watch what you install for conflicts. It makes for some tough decisions...I had to choose Vampiric Thirst over Warzones: Civil Unrest.
    Wish I had a PC where I could complain about only getting 30 FPS. :P How big of a difference is it? I know the CoD franchise is always built to run at 60, but I haven't had the chance to compare 60 fps to 30 fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh oh! I have a question about that mod if you've used it. How immersive and role friendly is it? I decided not to install it for now for several reason and I plan to do civil war in the end anyway if at all. The biggest issue I had with it (judging from description) was the mount arena or whatever it was called where you can arrange battles and something called god of war which is something I'm not too happy about. Also another problem is huge battles leaving tons of loot, it's no problem if it's just iron, steel and the usual hide, fur and stormcloak or imperial junk but if its elven, glass and high quality weapons and bows then it would just make all the expensive this and that mods meaningless..
    It's...hard to say. I always used Warzones because it really makes the world feel more alive. Instead of encountering a few wolves, a random traveler or a rabbit while you make your way to a dungeon you get greeted frequently by huge Imperial vs Stormcloak warzones, or vs bandits. As the modder mentions, too, for the most part they are lore friendly locations (like a skirmish at a Stormcloak camp). Honestly I didn't even remember about the God of War or arena-testing ground place until you mentioned it so I imagine they won't bother you much (although I HATE getting my spellbook cluttered with all these mod config spells).
    As for loot...yeah, I agree that it's a problem. They only wear typical iron/leather faction-based gear, and carry maybe some gold and lockpicks or potions, but with so many dead bodies it adds up. I wonder if the modder could prevent looting those corpses, or maybe make the winning faction become hostile to you if you start to loot corpses of their allies. As it stands you can go to the conclusion of a skirmish and loot hundreds of gold worth of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan
    Wish I had a PC where I could complain about only getting 30 FPS. :P How big of a difference is it? I know the CoD franchise is always built to run at 60, but I haven't had the chance to compare 60 fps to 30 fps.
    The difference between 30 and 60 is minimal imo. Anything above 60 I doubt anyone could tell the difference between. I could definitely play with a constant 30 fps. But when I dip from 60 to 30...well, obviously it isn't going to be a smooth drop. I get definite spikes that smooth themselves out as they settle on a new framerate. Super annoying.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-01-17 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The difference is subjective.

Some say they see no difference, while others can easily feel the difference. I tend to belong to the later, 30 vs 60 FPS is a big difference for me.

Example http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    although I HATE getting my spellbook cluttered with all these mod config spells
    Thanks, I guess it's not for me then Im using SkyTEST now though (the animal mod) so the world doesnt really feel that empty. Wish I could just make the civil war fort defenders and invaders a bit more numerous during those quests. By the way that quoted part.. I always remove those spells after I've done configuring the mods with console commands:P