Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    My thoughts are that you are a terribly annoying person, and you never ever have anything good to say about the game. You incessantly create posts, with none of them lauding the developers of the game. You do however openly criticize their decisions on a nearly daily basis, and it's really getting old. I actually would love for you to no longer be able to post on the forums. Mods, any help here?

i approve of this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Like waiting for DS to be nerfed into the ground before getting your title/mount. Just like Blizzards philosophy?
    Vanity items > = Legendary items?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    While vanilla epics were a lot of times poorly itemized (with stuff like health per 5 or +resistances) they were still very large upgrades compared to greens. On top of which, a lot of prestige came from wearing purples also. They were much less common and meant you were a raider (raids were not as accessible back then).

It was in TBC with the multiple additions to the badge system that purples really started to become trivial which just grew more so in WotLK. Also in Wrath was the beginning of the "easy" legendaries with Shadowmourne since it became so quickly obtained.

OT: Outside of a few realm first achievements, nothing is really unobtainable in this game to be special. If you don't get it immediately then a few months later with better gear/nerfs to content or the next expansion when people are more OP you can go back and get whatever mount/gear/weapon/title you want. It's kind of sad to me but it's been this way for a while.
    Shadowmourne was a million times harder to get than the Sunwell bow or the 2 Illidan bat'leth thingies which were both just drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you opened this topic in the wrong forum. All the casuals who couldn't get legendaries before are happier than ever now that everyone and their dog can get this legendary.

Just more of Blizzard "letting everyone experience content." It's a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Shadowmourne was a million times harder to get than the Sunwell bow or the 2 Illidan bat'leth thingies which were both just drops.
    Easily arguable because ICC was faaaar more accessible to the average raider than Sunwell was.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I feel like you opened this topic in the wrong forum. All the casuals who couldn't get legendaries before are happier than ever now that everyone and their dog can get this legendary.

Just more of Blizzard "letting everyone experience content." It's a joke.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Vu/advanced

Completed the last tier on which toon?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I find it interesting how the OP makes a thread like this and then just leaves.
    Most people do when faced with overwhelming opposition to their ideas. Easier to disappear than to admit one's thinking might be incorrect, or at the very least does not line up with the majority opinion.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

We still don't have confirmation that there will be legendary weapons of any kind....we have gems for weapons, and in 5.2 we are going to get legendary metas for helms which has nothing at all to do with weapons. As far as I can tell, it's just a way to improve your character with a couple really nice items you have to grind out....no, it's not very hard, but nonetheless, I'm not upset that 'everyone' can get said nice gems, especially because you have to fork over some gold to get new ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

Haha, you owned him good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Most people do when faced with overwhelming opposition to their ideas. Easier to disappear than to admit one's thinking might be incorrect, or at the very least does not line up with the majority opinion.
    Except Jaylock never really disappears. He always comes back in a couple of days with another lame thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The one doesnt correlate into the other and him not seeing content on his posted toon on MMO-Champ does not mean he hasnt on another toon, nor is it relevant to the conversation in any way.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

He tried to be slick ahaha good catch.

The problem isn't that "anyone" can get one; it's that *everyone* can get one. To me, the whole purpose of Legendary items was to kind of shine a spotlight on certain Classes or Roles. Sulfuras made it awesome to be Melee, Thunderfury made it cool to be a Tank (because nobody in their right mind gave it to Rogues, unless you were in a PvP guild), and so on, so fourth.

Having a "Legendary tier of weapons" isn't legendary. It's fucking sad. It is the World of Warcraft equivalent of sitting at a desk-job with 9 of your colleagues. Legendaries are supposed to feel "special" but by giving literally every person in the game their own Legendary, regardless of Class or Role, you're basically saying "Legendaries aren't special".

You're got to be kidding. Everything for Shadowmourne was obtainable on normal mode (slightly slower, but still obtainable). Sunwell was most definitely more difficult than NM ICC ever was, and probably a very large number of the ICC HMs as well. Not to mention once you finally did kill KJ, the bow didn't just drop. It was still a very low dropchance. Just because it just drops out of the blue for you one day without doing any direct quests or item gathering doesn't mean you didn't do any work for it. You cleared what is considered one of the hardest raid tiers at it's time (which more or less only had "hard mode") and probably killed KJ 10+ times, if you're lucky, before you saw it. People probably had SM in half the time, and it was basically guaranteed after a certain # of weeks if you were clearing a respectable # of HMs.

I'm not understanding people's ire in this threat. A legendary weapon is just a weapon with a story. Whether that story is how you overcame a couple of big bosses, defeated the epic monster and won the maiden's heart, or a weapon passed down from father to father for generations. The legendary aspect comes from the story, not the rarity. Every culture has it's legendary weapons, from David's sling (biblical for those religious types) to Drizzt's scimtars, to the sword passed from generation to generation in feudal oriental cultures. All of those weapons were considered legendary because of the story, not because of rarity. Anyone could forge a sword, or pick up a sling.

Yes, the "legendary" items in WoW tend to have slightly better characteristics, but nothing that would unbalance the game entirely. The fact that each toon can create their own legend, using a weapon, just re-affirms to me that Blizzard would like to go back to stories and making people have pride in their toons. Personally, I'd love the final product to be BoA so that I can pass it from the current wielder to my next levelling toon when they are doing the content the legendary was designed for.

Sorry. I have the utmost respect for the players that get it done wearing blues no sooner than it is released. I really do, however if you are going to throw the term "casual" around as an insult to others who are not as skilled as you (which there will always be players at both ends of that spectrum) then at least be the elite player you are passing yourself off as.

Does anyone realize how many people aren't even done with the 5.0 part of the Legendary?

And how many aren't even close to finishing the 5.1 part?

Might I add that the 5.2 part so far looks like it'll be on par with the entire Shadowmourne or Dragonwrath questline in one patch?

There's 2 huge gathering phases, along with another rep grind, and certain bosses to kill.

This one will take even longer.

If you haven't noticed, the questline is getting harder and longer.

Don't judge something you have no knowledge of truly, because none of us even know how the Legendary Questline will end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    The game was different 6 years ago. In a 40 man raid, 1 person having an OP legendary did not effect balancing at all.

If you have a raid stacked with hard to obtain legendaries then it is impossible to balance around that. Look at DS. You could stack the raid with 10-15 legendaries and have an extreme advantage over other guilds.

This system allows balancing around having a legendary becasue everyone will have them.

I would honestly prefer that no legendaries were in the game.
    Who cares about the fucking effect...it's there, like another 2312321 things, to be cool, to make players feel good when they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The one doesnt correlate into the other and him not seeing content on his posted toon on MMO-Champ does not mean he hasnt on another toon, nor is it relevant to the conversation in any way.

They link their character, vu, in their signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Who cares about the fucking effect...it's there, like another 2312321 things, to be cool, to make players feel good when they get it.
    That's how I felt when I got my Legendary Gem and Sha Touched weapon.

That's how I"ll feel when I'm done with the 5.1 portion of the questline and so forth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.