10+ Year Old Account
    Redden to Chicago... Another old slow d-man!

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Redden and Gomez will be officially bought out shortly now that they have cleared waivers (I know I was shocked too that no one wanted to take on their contracts). Red Wings reportedly interested in Redden. I hope not. I really do. Why keep Smith in Grand Rapids for a guy like Redden who hasn't been worthwhile in half a decade?

I am also going to laugh my ass off when Gomez goes to another team, gets in shape, and puts up 15 goals and 30 points this year.
    No kidding. Though Redden would be cheap and probably solid as a third pair, we just don't have the room for him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I think Redden gets picked up before Gomez. Gomez was terrible for Montrael where Redden was super over payed. On the plus, he's going to be cheap no matter what, unless he's just that greedy. He'll still be getting money from the buyout so I'd expect a team to take a shot at a 1-2m contract at Wade Redden. Especially a defense light team. He might not be a premiere d man anymore but I'm sure he isn't completely terrible.
    Edmonton should honestly consider taking Redden IMO.

15+ Year Old Account

Legitimately died laughing.

Hey what team did you say you played for?
    The Toronto Maple Leafs. The D is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs giving free tickets on opening night.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home
    As a thank you to their loyal fans and in celebration of the upcoming NHL season, the Toronto Maple Leafs announced a series of fan appreciation initiatives Thursday, which includes a free ticket for all Maple Leafs Season Seat Holders to Opening Night, Monday, January 21. The team will also giveaway 1,000 tickets through a variety of promotions leading up to the home opener, in addition to the more than 15,000 season seat holders receiving their tickets free of charge. The announcement was made following a free open practice at Air Canada Centre attended by thousands of Leafs Nation fans.

Ya that actually isn't too bad. There are barely any tickets left to their opener on the secondary market and none of them are cheaper than like $75. However, the lockout is going to be devastating to the Preds for one reason and one reason alone. They already lose money in a full length season. They owe Shea Weber $26 million, not in salary but in cold hard cash bonus, in the next 9 months. Good luck with that Preds.
    We will be fine, thats the reason they brought that Billionaire Canadian in as an owner. They had planned on being a cap team with Suter and one more top forward acquisition this off season, so one huge contract shouldn't be that big of a deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    We will be fine, thats the reason they brought that Billionaire Canadian in as an owner. They had planned on being a cap team with Suter and one more top forward acquisition this off season, so one huge contract shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    It isn't about the contract though. That is moot. It is straight up cash. No escrow, no bi weekly payments. It is two $13 million briefcases of cash delivered to his door twice within a year for a team that is already bleeding money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused... That report is from July.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I'm confused... That report is from July.
    Someone mentioned it and looked it up. Didn't realize Leafs were interested in him beforehand. Fail on me.

Apparently they're posting on some sites (e.g. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1324341 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1324135), Bob Mackenzie said on That's Hockey that teams are looking for Bernier.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-01-18 at 02:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Someone mentioned it and looked it up. Didn't realize Leafs were interested in him beforehand. Fail on me.

Apparently they're posting on some sites (e.g. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1324341 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1324135), Bob Mackenzie said on That's Hockey that teams are looking for Bernier.
    The Kings want a top 2 pairing D-man and Bernier is their best trade piece. Wouldn't be surprised to see something get done with someone out there.

It isn't about the contract though. That is moot. It is straight up cash. No escrow, no bi weekly payments. It is two $13 million briefcases of cash delivered to his door twice within a year for a team that is already bleeding money.

We aren't bleeding money. Keep in mind the loss was on " hockey revenue" they also are in charge of the arena, which is the 4th busiest in the country. They make a ton of money off of concerts, basketball tournaments, etc. It may not be the best thing in the world, but its one year and while we may not be Toronto or Montreal, we aren't exactly Phoenix either.

I'm very curious how much Rinne is affected by the loss of Suter.
    Also interested in how well Lightning play with Lindback in net.

I hope Steckel gets a spot on the Leafs line, he's too important in major face-off situations IMO.

I also hope Galchenyuk turns out to be terrible; Though, at the draft I was really hoping he would have slid a couple spots so we could get him.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-01-18 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when the heck is the trade deadline in this mess of a season?

Redden to St. Louis

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    when the heck is the trade deadline in this mess of a season?
    I don't believe it has been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm very curious how much Rinne is affected by the loss of Suter.
    Also interested in how well Lightning play with Lindback in net.

I hope Steckel gets a spot on the Leafs line, he's too important in major face-off situations IMO.

I also hope Galchenyuk turns out to be terrible; Though, at the draft I was really hoping he would have slid a couple spots so we could get him.
    I think Rinne will be fine. If you look at his stats, the more shots he sees in a game the more often he wins. I think I saw them post in the playoffs that he was like 17-1 in games where he saw 35+ shots. I think Suter will miss Rinne more than Rinne will miss Suter :P

Lindback is a solid goalie and with us at least he seemed to get better the more he played. The year Rinne went down he saved the season, but last year he wasn't as good. That was mainly due to him going weeks between starts and he just never got into a flow. I think the guy will be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think Rinne will be fine. If you look at his stats, the more shots he sees in a game the more often he wins. I think I saw them post in the playoffs that he was like 17-1 in games where he saw 35+ shots. I think Suter will miss Rinne more than Rinne will miss Suter :
    Interesting opinion. So saying that as a Preds fan, if you could have Suter back right now would you want him?

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem with Nashville "wanting suter back" is they run into salary issues.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the problem with Nashville "wanting suter back" is they run into salary issues.
    I'm aware, but it was a hypothetical question.

15+ Year Old Account
    ESPN preseason ranks Detroit at 19. i honestly don't expect them to fall THAT far...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    ESPN preseason ranks Detroit at 19. i honestly don't expect them to fall THAT far...
    the rankings are a little weird, they have San Jose at 23 and they didn't really lose anybody from last season

Kings are #1 though, I'll just keep enjoying it while it lasts

also, hell of a franchise they've got there in New York, first Nabokov refused to report a couple years ago, now Visnovsky has finally been suspended for refusing to report
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-01-18 at 11:08 PM.