Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Lei Shi normal/hc - Hide phase.

Since hunter's doesnt have anything but AoE pets in BM and Explo trap, a good thing is asking an engineer to make you a Goblin Dragon Gun.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86607

They hit for many times in a short period of time, really good for this phase.
    Thanks, this is just what I needed, now I won't have to sit there with my hand in my pants during hide phases.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-16 at 02:17 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Thanks, this is just what I needed, now I won't have to sit there with my hand in my pants during hide phases.
    You could also just have someone jump down in the water and pick up one of those parasites for the achivement. Can multishot off of them, they had ~2.1m hp in 10 man normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Also bella, enchant your damn cloak :<.
    i know, i know! i saw that last week .... wondered how the hell i missed it in the first place, bought the enchant, forgot about it again... i'm a double failure i guess.

meanwhile, i had a scope enchant and extra sha gem sitting in my bags for over a month waiting for the heroic gun that took forever to drop.

Deleted
    You can jump into elegon's pit to disengage round the walls if you ever need to...

Difficulty level: Medium
    Do not attempt unless you're confident, if you make a mistake it doesnt end well...

(Dps sucks coz on 2nd hunter, stupid raid only gives cache )
    (Low Quality coz UK upload is terrible and i wanted to post today and not in T15)
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2013-01-18 at 03:52 PM.

Heroic Shek'zeer

Not sure if this was mentioned..as it seems pretty simple/logical, but deterrence deflects the dissonance field explosion dmg.
    I specced into the shorter CD, so I can deterrence the corrupted one each time. Helps healers out tremendously.
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    (Dps sucks coz on 2nd hunter, faggot raid only gives cache )
    ]
    is that word allowed on these forums? i find it really offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggypac View Post
    Heroic Shek'zeer
    Not sure if this was mentioned..as it seems pretty simple/logical, but deterrence deflects the dissonance field explosion dmg.
    I specced into the shorter CD, so I can deterrence the corrupted one each time. Helps healers out tremendously.
    Just to clarify, it only reduces the damage taken by explosion, ie glyphed 50% non glyphed 30%, make sure you have cancelaura to resume dps.

Hey Guys: Looking for tips for Heroic Kings. I got re-invited to a guild progression run tonight, and would like any tips/pointers anyone can offer.
    Our biggest issue right now, seems to be a stack phase between boss shifts. Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks!

BM is great for H-SK, I'd save Stampede for the 30% switch to Subotai, pot for 30% switch to Zian and Stampede again with Hero for 30% switch to Ming.

If you use AMoC, use your first one immediately, but save the second one til after Qiang's first shield, otherwise the shield will cut off the 2nd AMoC mid-duration (it cuts off your SrS too, so don't forget to reapply that). Some might argue that Lynx Rush is a better talent because of that, but I'm unconvinced, since it has a 20s ish duration and you probably would have that cut off too (as Qiang's shield is like a bubble, and removes all DoTs).

If you're casting CoS when a bubble comes up which you can't hit (Zian comes to mind), and you don't have a /stopcasting button and you don't like the clumsiness of Escx2, you can turn away from the boss, that's what I do. It's much better to be safe and miss that CoS than hitting the shield. Keep in mind, finishing the cast != safe for the shield, projectile travel comes into play, so if the shield gets up before the shot gets there, you're boned.

Also, a few of Zian's shields (the super important/don't hit these ones) line up with shadow skull adds, so you can easily switch to them and not be just standing their holding your dick while you wait for the purges (don't tranq shot the shield, auto-shot will trigger it). You can tranq shot Miang's thing, but it's so much easier to let other people do it because it's much cheaper for them.

By "stack phase between boss shifts" I assume you mean between Qiang and Subotai, where you have to stay stacked on the tank for cleave? The goal is to be unstacked before pinning arrow, it usually means saving your 5m CDs (and maybe 3m CDs if your DPS is fast on Qiang) for 30% on Qiang to get him down. You'll have to dodge an Annihilate and a Volley, but if the timing is done well, they come together, and the volley ends up shooting into nothing because your raid had to move for Annihilate. What we do is we push to about 35%ish, wait for a flanking order (I think it's #3), then push as soon as we're settled after the flank. You should get abilities in this order: Annhilate (Qiang), Volley (Subotai), Sleight (Subotai), Shield (Qiang). The first two should be easy to avoid as avoiding the first should negate the second. Subotai's sleight on this one shouldn't matter because no one is DPSing him yet except the tank (and even he shouldn't really need to as long as he has initial threat), so if he's not stunned for sleight, just be careful with Glaive Toss and you should be fine. Shield, you just stop like you did for the previous shield, reapply SrS when it's off, and go back to work. Spread as soon as Qiang dies because Pinning Arrow is coming damn quick, as is a Flank right after, so you have to a) only get one person pinned, and b) preferably BoP that pinned person out so they can easily dodge the flank if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    BM is great for H-SK, I'd save Stampede for the 30% switch to Subotai, pot for 30% switch to Zian and Stampede again with Hero for 30% switch to Ming.

If you use AMoC, use your first one immediately, but save the second one til after Qiang's first shield, otherwise the shield will cut off the 2nd AMoC mid-duration (it cuts off your SrS too, so don't forget to reapply that). Some might argue that Lynx Rush is a better talent because of that, but I'm unconvinced, since it has a 20s ish duration and you probably would have that cut off too (as Qiang's shield is like a bubble, and removes all DoTs).

If you're casting CoS when a bubble comes up which you can't hit (Zian comes to mind), and you don't have a /stopcasting button and you don't like the clumsiness of Escx2, you can turn away from the boss, that's what I do. It's much better to be safe and miss that CoS than hitting the shield. Keep in mind, finishing the cast != safe for the shield, projectile travel comes into play, so if the shield gets up before the shot gets there, you're boned.

Also, a few of Zian's shields (the super important/don't hit these ones) line up with shadow skull adds, so you can easily switch to them and not be just standing their holding your dick while you wait for the purges (don't tranq shot the shield, auto-shot will trigger it). You can tranq shot Miang's thing, but it's so much easier to let other people do it because it's much cheaper for them.

By "stack phase between boss shifts" I assume you mean between Qiang and Subotai, where you have to stay stacked on the tank for cleave? The goal is to be unstacked before pinning arrow, it usually means saving your 5m CDs (and maybe 3m CDs if your DPS is fast on Qiang) for 30% on Qiang to get him down. You'll have to dodge an Annihilate and a Volley, but if the timing is done well, they come together, and the volley ends up shooting into nothing because your raid had to move for Annihilate. What we do is we push to about 35%ish, wait for a flanking order (I think it's #3), then push as soon as we're settled after the flank. You should get abilities in this order: Annhilate (Qiang), Volley (Subotai), Sleight (Subotai), Shield (Qiang). The first two should be easy to avoid as avoiding the first should negate the second. Subotai's sleight on this one shouldn't matter because no one is DPSing him yet except the tank (and even he shouldn't really need to as long as he has initial threat), so if he's not stunned for sleight, just be careful with Glaive Toss and you should be fine. Shield, you just stop like you did for the previous shield, reapply SrS when it's off, and go back to work. Spread as soon as Qiang dies because Pinning Arrow is coming damn quick, as is a Flank right after, so you have to a) only get one person pinned, and b) preferably BoP that pinned person out so they can easily dodge the flank if needed.
    This is exactly what I meant, thank you!

I did catch on to impervious shield (it did take a few) and just started doing the turn away thing. I wasn't aware that if you shot and shield goes up that you'll get nailed if it doesn't reach the boss. I guess I'm going to have to be way faster and get on that.

From what it looks like: We caught a volley and pillage (so I tried to disengage out of the pillage/got nailed by volley). So now I'm wondering about the order you mentioned.

Thanks so much, I guess I'll have to go over this tonight. They were Bopping pin - but it looks like on a few attempts we didn't spread fast enough.

Mmmm, there is a pillage in there, I forgot about that. It should come maybe before the shields, all you need to do is make sure you have the tank raid-marked, and move as a group out of the pillage. Even if it's after the shields, same thing. The pillage should be right on top of the whole raid because everyone is stacked up for cleave still, so as long as you move with the tank (so he isn't gibbed by cleave) you should be good.

On second glance: You can't get a volley and a pillage at the same time, they're from the same boss. AFAIK, pillage always comes after Sleight, at least that's how I gauge when it's safe to DPS him again (when he starts pillaging). You shouldn't have to disengage out of volley, you should be moving for Annihilate already and that should basically move you out of Volley. Disengaging out of any area-of-effect thing (whether conal or circular) is generally bad anyways, as your position doesn't update until you land (IE, you're in the volley til you land).

Mmmm, there is a pillage in there, I forgot about that. It should come maybe before the shields, all you need to do is make sure you have the tank raid-marked, and move as a group out of the pillage. Even if it's after the shields, same thing. The pillage should be right on top of the whole raid because everyone is stacked up for cleave still, so as long as you move with the tank (so he isn't gibbed by cleave) you should be good.

On second glance: You can't get a volley and a pillage at the same time, they're from the same boss. AFAIK, pillage always comes after Sleight, at least that's how I gauge when it's safe to DPS him again (when he starts pillaging). You shouldn't have to disengage out of volley, you should be moving for Annihilate already and that should basically move you out of Volley. Disengaging out of any area-of-effect thing (whether conal or circular) is generally bad anyways, as your position doesn't update until you land (IE, you're in the volley til you land).
    I might be confusing the wording: I can pm the logs if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mischieve View Post
    Just to clarify, it only reduces the damage taken by explosion, ie glyphed 50% non glyphed 30%, make sure you have cancelaura to resume dps.
    How sure are you about this? I clearly saw "deflect" while deterrence was up..and my health didn't change. I also checked out the logs, and 5 deflects (only for corrupted ones). Going to have to check on if you or I are correct on this one. Either way, less damage or deflected..do it on cd for the field explosions.
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I might be confusing the wording: I can pm the logs if that helps?
    Pillage is when Subotai spins in a circle and takes ppl's gear. It can't be cast at the same time as Volley, because that's when Subotai is doing his conal arrow attack. Volley + Annihilate (Qiang's ground-based shockwave-looking thing) occur at the same time, but the same rule applies, everyone should be in melee, you shouldn't need to disengage out of that.

Like I said before, disengaging out of area-of-effect things can be hazardous, and disengaging from cones is especially dangerous because cones obviously get wider the further out you are.

HOF

Imperial Vizier

- If you use cower, you do not have to hold back your pet during the pull, or during the transition 'landing'.
    - Using snake traps on the boss' newly landed platform, can also help 'soak' and minimize the chance of any non-tank being killed
    - Deterrence will help to reduce the damage from the attenation discs, if you get caught in a bad spot/screw up - have it glyphed for 50% damage reduction, and spec into Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera in order to be able to use it more.
    - Reminder: At the first echo, try and stand in the middle of all healing AOE effects to make your healing easier (such as barrier, healing rain, spirit beast heal yourself, etc)
    - Reminder: Use your pet's dash to get to the boss quicker, if no warlock portal is available (but don't leave it on autocast)

Grand Empress HC

- Maximize the poison debuff's uptime, as it scales with SV's mastery to do quite some damage - be in range, if someone is spreading it, keep track of when the debuff will expire, etc.
    - The 'Heart of Fear' debuff, in the last phase, can be safely removed with FD - nobody takes damage as a result
    - In the last phase, you can use Deterrence when you get the fear debuff to reduce the damage taken from the tick, as a precaution to take less damage, should you not get instantly dispelled. It will not make you immune to the fear, but it will definitely help the healers, which gets quite intensive in the last phase.

Terrace

Lei Shi (normal and HC)

- Use BM intimidation stun on the water elemental adds when they spawn
    - Try to use Binding Shot/Freezing Trap to help CC the other adds when they spawn, so its gets a bit less messy
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-01-18 at 12:56 AM.

I meant to ask, does distracting shot work on Lei Shi adds?

I'm thinking about it, because we have some superior derpage in terms of not breaking CC, I'd love to be able to distracting shot an add out of the raid and scatter it to remove all DoTs and then CC it. (I already intimidate/freezing trap one add).

Pillage is when Subotai spins in a circle and takes ppl's gear. It can't be cast at the same time as Volley, because that's when Subotai is doing his conal arrow attack. Volley + Annihilate (Qiang's ground-based shockwave-looking thing) occur at the same time, but the same rule applies, everyone should be in melee, you shouldn't need to disengage out of that.

Like I said before, disengaging out of area-of-effect things can be hazardous, and disengaging from cones is especially dangerous because cones obviously get wider the further out you are.
    Yea, it was happening again tonight: Although we figured to just dispel shield / turn / gtfo annihilate dodge the volley/ gtfo pillage in a group (it was a bit more organized tonight). Well, they want to keep on again another day - we did have a 7% wipe tonight at least though
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-18 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    HOF

Imperial Vizier

- If you use cower, you do not have to hold back your pet during the pull, or during the transition 'landing'.
    - Using snake traps on the boss' newly landed platform, can also help 'soak' and minimize the chance of any non-tank being killed
    - Deterrence will help to reduce the damage from the attenation discs, if you get caught in a bad spot/screw up - have it glyphed for 50% damage reduction, and spec into Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera in order to be able to use it more.
    - Reminder: At the first echo, try and stand in the middle of all healing AOE effects to make your healing easier (such as barrier, healing rain, spirit beast heal yourself, etc)
    - Reminder: Use your pet's dash to get to the boss quicker, if no warlock portal is available (but don't leave it on autocast)

Grand Empress HC

- Maximize the poison debuff's uptime, as it scales with SV's mastery to do quite some damage - be in range, if someone is spreading it, keep track of when the debuff will expire, etc.
    - The 'Heart of Fear' debuff, in the last phase, can be safely removed with FD - nobody takes damage as a result
    - In the last phase, you can use Deterrence when you get the fear debuff to reduce the damage taken from the tick, as a precaution to take less damage, should you not get instantly dispelled. It will not make you immune to the fear, but it will definitely help the healers, which gets quite intensive in the last phase.

Terrace

Lei Shi (normal and HC)

- Use BM intimidation stun on the water elemental adds when they spawn
    - Try to use Binding Shot/Freezing Trap to help CC the other adds when they spawn, so its gets a bit less messy
    I just use Wyvern sting on one, and then scatter + freezing trap on another if it's on my add-area of the boss platform, isn't that a bit easier?

Thanks for the Empress HC tips, probably going there next week, hopefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    is that word allowed on these forums? i find it really offensive.
    Apologies edited it

I prefer Wyvern instead of Binding Shot for Lei Shi adds, since it lasts throughout the phase and Scatter + trap another if needed.

I meant to ask, does distracting shot work on Lei Shi adds?

I'm thinking about it, because we have some superior derpage in terms of not breaking CC, I'd love to be able to distracting shot an add out of the raid and scatter it to remove all DoTs and then CC it. (I already intimidate/freezing trap one add).
    Distracting Shot does work on adds.