Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    there's 3 qualities when it comes to food: fast, cheap, good
    however, you can only have 2 of those qualities
    Not really, i love cooking and can make food with all those 3...
    Reminds me of the one so many teens nowadays link
    "you can only have 2 things, social life, grades or sleep", what a noobs, i had all of em.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone buying a "footlong" feels cheated after they eat it, is there any way to determine if they are some how using less bread to make this sandwich? if so great! are they somehow skimping out on toppings? I promise after eating one they could have called it a "yardlong" and no one would care because they are happy and full. Nomenclature or vernacular don't be particular because its not worth it.

fuel to the fire for jimmy john's.......man i want a pepe
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Sub was quite decent even though i much prefer to make my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm not going to get any more upset over some of the sandwiches being an inch or so shorter than the labelled 12 than I do about 1/4 lb burgers not actually weighing 1/4 lbs. It's not like the slightly smaller sandwich is really that small. Also, in the original post he says that about half of the sandwiches were coming up short, implying the rest were either 12 inches or greater. That there's a range of sizes isn't exactly surprising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    For people who get a lot of toppings, it could change how those toppings interact with the floor. I've made some subs for people where I couldn't imagine them eating it, because I couldn't even close it.
    I usually get cold cut combo with honey oat and every vegetable in the cooler... and ask for extra green peppers and onions since they tend to skimp.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ews-deals.html

Basically, some guy in Australia measure one and a footlong came up to only 11 inches. Then some other people started researching and found over half were coming up short.

Here's the thing though. There isn't some magical machine making these things exactly 12 inches. These are people rolling some flavoring into defrosted rolls of frozen bread. They're not all going to be EXACTLY 12 inches. It reminds me of things like other fast food places. That quarter pound burger you ordered isn't going to be a quarter pound. Because when you grill or fry it, it shrinks a ton. Same thing here pretty much. You have to allow a little discrepancy.
    I worked at Subway when I was a kid. The bread comes in as frozen "bread pipes". You let it defrost and rise in the defroster over night and then bake the bread.

Tough to get exactly 12 inches, though if over half of your "footlongs" come up under 12 inches, and some are as short as 9-10 inches, it definitely shows the company is purposely doesn't care or is trying to cut corners, IMO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    That place is shit. Should call it "jimmy lettuce" as that is 90% of what you get.

This thread has made me want Subway for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    A royale with cheese. What d'they call a Whopper?
    I dunno, I didn't go to Burger King

Subway blows. Out of the probably 30+ sandwiches iv'e had (ALL BLT or Tuna) maybe and I mean maybeee 5 were made right. Always go inside, the drive-thru always screws it up.

The day I bitch about 1" of food, that will be the day...

It is baked bread there will be variations. It is a bit differrent if 1/4th pound beef patties actually weigh 3oz before cooking instead of 4oz

Deleted
    This is first world problems people.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason to eat Jimmy Johns, not that I needed one since I already do when given the choice betwixt the two. I love the vinaigrette, sue me.

That said, eh. Bread is a tricky thing. This reminds me of the cookie issue a while back where "1000 chips in every bag" turned out to be quite the exaggeration. Getting owned by a bunch of grade school kids is embarrassing! They should add a "plus or minus an inch" disclaimer on their ads just to be safe.

Stay fresh, my friends.

Addendum:

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Italian Night Club is my weakness. Aggravates my heartburn like no other, but it is delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    The sad part is someone actually took the time to measure it.......
    I wonder if they weighed it, that seems are more reasonable approach, not like they don't have a standard for the fillings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Wait they actually give you meat with their salt?

Subway is about as healthy as Taco Bell; except in the latter case, they actually have drive throughs. Not that I would eat Mexican food.
    Taco Bell is not Mexican food! >:(
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

So that's what makes subway healthier. Less food!

10+ Year Old Account
    this kind of shrinkage happens with fish as well and various other foods. not too surprised at this development.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    surprised there isn't an option to deep fry it in Scotland
    I think if you look hard enough there will be a petition for it...if it aint fried it aint welcome!