Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    And you're listed as an officer on their site. Right.
    They haven't removed my name, but I have killed the boss twice on heroic. I edited your post to include my own comments, like how if someone dies to dread blossom they are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    They haven't removed my name, but I have killed the boss twice on heroic. I edited your post to include my own comments, like how if someone dies to dread blossom they are shit.
    You can describe every fight in the game that way.

This must be someone else: http://www.wowprogress.com/user/CausalXXLinkXx. Common username.

So please tell us which guild you downed Sha with? Im very keen to know.

Because I easily found it the hardest boss this tier for a 10 man, simple ways to whipe = very long attempts.

Agree with Squirl.

Deleted
    These are current numbers for HC progress

Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults
    H: Stone Guard: 10024 (26.19%)
    H: Feng the Accursed: 8240 (21.53%)
    H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 6999 (18.29%)
    H: Four Kings: 3882 (10.14%)
    H: Elegon: 5814 (15.19%)
    H: Will of the Emperor: 2491 (6.51%)
    Heroic Heart of Fear
    H: Imperial Vizier Zor'lok: 1394 (3.64%)
    H: Blade Lord Ta'yak: 4145 (10.83%)
    H: Garalon: 2476 (6.47%)
    H: Wind Lord Mel'jarak: 2884 (7.53%)
    H: Amber-Shaper Un'sok: 1008 (2.63%)
    H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer: 593 (1.55%)
    Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring
    H: Protectors of the Endless: 612 (1.60%)
    H: Tsulong: 448 (1.17%)
    H: Lei Shi: 955 (2.49%)
    H: Sha of Fear: 204 (0.53%)

Deducting from those, a guild that's done with normal content by this point is likely to down 9/16 heroic without TOO much trouble (whole MV and bosses 2-4 in HOF) It's after Garalon where shit might give serious roadblocks for less skilled guilds (or just raiding with shorter schedules), Imperial Vizjer being major step up from Garalon (around 50% less kills here) tied with Lei Shi, after that pretty much Protectors with Un'Sok, then Tsulong with Empress, and finally Sha of Fear which proves to be gigantic cockblock, only about 30% of 15/16 heroic crowd gets past Sha HC.

Which is a good thing, it won't be any shame to finish tier with 9, 11, 13 or 15 heroic kills, cos 16th is major pain for everyone and only the best will get past it. Now remember Dragon Soul? Did you saw any 7 of 8 heroic guilds? No, because Spine HC was big roadblock, if people got past that one, they usually 5-10 pulled Madness HC. I killed madness the same night Spine hc went down. Now we got proper final boss.

I think the question was about normal modes, so.
    We are a casual guild with 2×25 hours of raiding per week. We aren't bad players, everyone know his/her class, we just have very little time for gaming. Our progress went like this:

Stone Guard - tanks had to learn the boss,it took half a raid, easy boss
    Feng the Accursed - died on the first raid too
    Garajal - we stuck on him on our second raid (still first week) but we hit the enrage timer so the problem was our gear. On second week we killed him pretty fast, so still no difficulties here
    Spirit Kings - like a harder trash, 1 shotted them
    Elegon - we wiped a lot here. Not mainly because it was hard tactics-wide but because of the gearcheck and needed fast reaction. Most wipes were on: Elegon tank died after tank kaboom, boss summoned third add in the last second, but mostly because of the p3-p1 transition, our tanks died. We had problem with spark killing too, our affli lock and fire mage struggled with it. We spent here like 2 or 3 resets (again, 2×25 hours and we had to farm the first 4), so it was really hard for us.
    Will of the Emperor - we went here only after some raids in HoF, so I think we overgeared it, went down in 3-4 pulls.

Zorlok - just some wipes because we died on the right platform or in last phase, went down easily within 1 raid.
    Blade Lord - wiping just in last phase, but not too much, went down easily within 1 raid.
    Garalon - the other cockblock. We tried with 2 healers but they weren't able to keep everyone alive. Then changed to 3 heal but then he enraged at 10-20 percent. So we started to play with who kites and who stay in swipes. When we found the balance he went down easily.
    Wind Lord - easy boss, no gearcheck in it, easily doable within 5-10 pulls.
    Amber Shaper - we were extra lucky on him, only 2 of us had the chance to practice p2 interrupting and we got a try where only they were transformed and baam kill within like 10 pulls. But still if we are unlucky with transforms and it finds those who never parcticed it or 1-2 less skillfull ppl we wipe here. Sometimes through a full raid.
    Empress - the only problematic part here is the P2 till you kill 1-1 adds on both sides. We mastered it in 1 raid, so 1 raid was enough here too.

Protectors - 2 shotted elite mode.
    Tsulong - killed him within like 5 pulls.
    Lei Shi - 2 pulls maybe
    Sha of Anger - needs precise execution and you get every mechanics at the start so we started some awkwardly short tries but soon everything went well and it was an easy 1 raid kill too.

So in my opinion the most time consuming boss is Elegon (pre nerf), then Garalon.
    Amber Shaper is a strange one. It is absolutely not about gear and it won't be easier with better gear. Now we easily do Garalon and Elegon in 1 pull but sometimes we wipe 2 hours long on Amber Shaper just becasue it transforms guys who are not good in interrupting (no routine or not so great players).
    What surprised me is that Terrace was waaayyy easier than HoF or Mogushan. We cleared it within 1 reset.
    In my opinion Elegon was a little bit too harsh gear check especially in a 16 boss tier. And in my opinion Amber Shaper shouldn't be a normal boss. Of course it is not as hard as a heroic boss should be, and it is not hard at all, I just think that in normal mode there shouldn't be mechanics that says that "if this random guy can't do this interrupt in a 3 second window you'll wipe", in normal mode I think it should be ok to go with 1-2 bad players if you want to play with your friends even if the sucks in wow, but this boss doesn't really allow that. The boss should just put an one time usable orb in the middle of the room to transform instead of transforming a random raid member. Maybe with a 2-3 min debuff if Blizzard thinks that at least 3-4 of us should learn how to do that.
    Of course I know it is an easy thing but if you played with bad players you know (or if no then trust me) that a bad player needs to be transformed like 6-7 times before he/she can do the interrupt with 75% efficiency. And he/she'll feel bad because the whole raid wipes again and again just because he/she needs practice. And the raid can't even let him/her practice because the boss decides who'll be transformed.

As a raidmember of a "normal mode only" guild I am satisfied with this tier.

Deleted
    Amber-Shaper is bit too RNG-y if you ask me, for first 10 pulls I haven't been transformed to vehicle even once, now how I'm supposed to practice this? In theory it's simple you got three buttons there. But then RNG picks you for first time and you usually panic, and are VERY likely to make a mistake of some kind. In my case I didnt timed the cooldowns well and my own explosion went through.

For a normal boss it's a bit harsh mechanic. After 30-50 pulls everyone should be comfortable with it, but then again, it's normal boss. It's not supposed to be wiped on a hundred times with good gear and decent tactic knowledge available on the web. You can't really pratcice in LFR either, cos the RNG factor is even bigger and chances are that you aren't getting vehicle'd for multiple LFRs in a row. The one thing that LFR could be useful for, is a failure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Amber-Shaper is bit too RNG-y if you ask me, for first 10 pulls I haven't been transformed to vehicle even once, now how I'm supposed to practice this? In theory it's simple you got three buttons there. But then RNG picks you for first time and you usually panic, and are VERY likely to make a mistake of some kind. In my case I didnt timed the cooldowns well and my own explosion went through.

For a normal boss it's a bit harsh mechanic. After 30-50 pulls everyone should be comfortable with it, but then again, it's normal boss. It's not supposed to be wiped on a hundred times with good gear and decent tactic knowledge available on the web. You can't really pratcice in LFR either, cos the RNG factor is even bigger and chances are that you aren't getting vehicle'd for multiple LFRs in a row. The one thing that LFR could be useful for, is a failure.
    whats there to learn? press 1 to stack/interrupt boss, 2 to interrupt self, 3 eat pool, 4 break out. i just learned the whole fight now.

Quote Originally Posted by nethermind View Post
    So please tell us which guild you downed Sha with? Im very keen to know.

Because I easily found it the hardest boss this tier for a 10 man, simple ways to whipe = very long attempts.

Agree with Squirl.
    Huge in Japan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    whats there to learn? press 1 to stack/interrupt boss, 2 to interrupt self, 3 eat pool, 4 break out. i just learned the whole fight now.
    I'm of the same thought but apearantly people struggle with it. DBM gives time down 5...4...3...2...1 for when you need to press 2. Also gives a warning for low will power for when you need to use 3 (depending on your tactic you may not even need this much). Break out is barely ever available. So you need to... watch the dbm timer from the monstrosity and you're done? And yet explosions go off left and right bleh. =/
    Was under impression that people with frequently played alts picked it up faster in general, suppose that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You can describe every fight in the game that way.

This must be someone else: http://www.wowprogress.com/user/CausalXXLinkXx. Common username.
    Check again, updated it

15+ Year Old Account
    Huge in Japan
    why are you posting in a 10man thread about your 25man heroic sha experience? they are two completely different fights, you ignore and cd through huddles on 25man, your actually need to get everyone out on 10man, nice try though. thanks for all your 10man knowledge bro.

why are you posting in a 10man thread about your 25man heroic sha experience? they are two completely different fights, you ignore and cd through huddles on 25man, your actually need to get everyone out on 10man, nice try though. thanks for all your 10man knowledge bro.
    You only CD when 2 healers are huddled, you heal through the damage otherwise. Thanks for all your 25m knowledge bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    You only CD when 2 healers are huddled, you heal through the damage otherwise. Thanks for all your 25m knowledge bro.
    cant do that when your 2 healing and 1 healer is in huddle, must be nice bro.

cant do that when your 2 healing and 1 healer is in huddle, must be nice bro.
    Okay, I'll give you that difference for 10 and 25, but if you have players dying to lotus / tanks not able to collect orbs / retards throwing to the wrong person, it's not a fight difficulty problem, it's a your players have down syndrome problem.
    Last edited by CausalXXLinkXx; 2013-02-09 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Heroic Sha of Fear.

/thread

just the second hardest boss.
    protectors hc elite is a bit harder.

On heroic, Sha or Elite Protections I guess.
    On Normal, I'd say Elgalon or Sha, but they're all pretty easy
    Hatred the Fearless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'll give you that difference for 10 and 25, but if you have players dying to lotus / tanks not able to collect orbs / retards throwing to the wrong person, it's not a fight difficulty problem, it's a your players have down syndrome problem.
    obviously those aren't real reason to wipe, but again the only people in your raid who have even thrown the ball are your 3 kiters, compared to the 8 dps/healers throwing it in 10man

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    just the second hardest boss.
    protectors hc elite is a bit harder.
    no its not, we just 4 shot heroic elite protectors, its a joke.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-01-18 at 02:47 AM.

Honestly? Heroic Stone Guards second week of raiding. Swagging in with full blues, getting shit on so terribly. Also, Garajal heroic first few weeks was hard (I'm not in a Top 50 guild) .

Right now though, Amber-Shaper is the hardest on heroic. Guild actually broke up over him, sadly. Some of the Terrace bosses might be harder, but I can't say from my own experience.

All the kids in this thread making me afraid of Sha...

obviously those aren't real reason to wipe, but again the only people in your raid who have even thrown the ball are your 3 kiters, compared to the 8 dps/healers throwing it in 10man

no its not, we just 4 shot heroic elite protectors, its a joke.
    1 Have huddle show up on raid frames
    2 don't suck
    3 ???
    4 Don't suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 Have huddle show up on raid frames
    2 don't suck
    3 ???
    4 Don't suck.
    your guild had been progressing on sha for 3 weeks before you joined, im sure it looked easy on your what 3 days of attempts with them when you killed it?

i love it when people join a decent guild and do zero progression through the tier with them, you get stupid posts like this.