Troll test patch.

Well, they added HoN-esque hero build guides. Nice.

edit: patchnotes here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=69544
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-01-16 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I kind of like the concept of Least Played mode, though I will be severely disappointed if it won't let me random. But then again I can play all the heroes well enough, barring Meepo who I haven't yet played since WC3 DotA so 'rusty' would be an understatement on my ability with that one.

Then again, seems like it only prevents top 20 heroes from being played, which isn't really that big of a deal. At least random works.
    I wonder how randoming would work. Only allows a choice of heroes with X games played or less?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I wonder how randoming would work. Only allows a choice of heroes with X games played or less?
    By simply excluding the restricted (top 20 played) hero pool from the random pool?

10+ Year Old Account
    By simply excluding the restricted (top 20 played) hero pool from the random pool?
    I am not a smart man.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:00 PM ----------

What'd they reduce Nyx Assassin's mana costs for?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    How the hell did I not lose...
    Most of the game was 3 v me :s
    Sniper, heh. That is a impressive amount of kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    How the hell did I not lose...
    Most of the game was 3 v me :s
    The same for me in this game ^^ I am the Shadow Fiend.

MMmm, without lifesteal. Brave brave.
    Last edited by Jangri-; 2013-01-17 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Holy balls
    *clap*
    Awesome o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Did they really lose a 2v5?

It's not really unheard of, a lot of people don't know how to play a 5 versus <5 if the enemies are ahead. For whatever reason players often think they need to push and win fast when the surest way to lose such a game is to risk further snowballing the enemy heroes that are already bloated with increased xp/gold gain and leaver gold. I've always been of the opinion that if you're playing 5v4 or something and you really want to be sure you will win (or if the enemy is a lot ahead of you) the best way to play is to have everyone farm, fight only to defend towers and play as safe as possible. No matter how fed the enemy carries are, they will max out at level 25 and 6/6, but if your team has enough items then your higher numbers will win you the game. If you throw your team of 1 carry with couple of items and 4 supports with nothing but boots to a level 25 40.000 gold net worth solo carry, you're really deserving to lose the game. If you sit back and get farm on your carry, a hex or two and at least a Ghost Scep on every support you'll easily win.

Which is basically why I really, really hate playing anything but 5v5 and usually leave a game after an abandon. It should be common courtesy for people to just leave if someone on their team abandons early on but for whatever reason win-loss stats seem to be really important to some people, and I've had to endure some rather boring games because people on the other team didn't have the courtesy to leave and I'm queued with some friends who don't want to take a loss. Few days ago I was on my alt account and queued with 2 friends and a someone in our team quit like 30 seconds into game. We also left (even if 3 enemies had also quit) and I stayed in the game just long enough to see the last guy in our team get really angry in chat and demand that we stay. Later on I looked at my game history and noticed that game turned up as a win because apparently that last guy had played 1v2 for 40 minutes just to get a nice win in his record. I felt pretty bad for those 2 other guys.

Case in point, this game: https://dotabuff.com/matches/45252715

I've been hoping to forget that game, but anyway. 3 enemies quit some 15 minutes into the game at which point their Tinker and Void were 5+ levels ahead of everyone in the game and both essentially had free farm paired with some kills. I wanted to leave but was asked not to. Considering how big both their heroes were I suggested we farm some items before we do anything (WR, Axe and Lich had almost nothing but boots) but they insisted on trying to push right away and repeatedly got disintegrated by the Void/Tinker combo. In the end, it apparently was my fault for thinking it was not a good idea to go pushing with a level 6 Lich with boots and branches against a level 14 Tinker with BoT, Blink and Dagon.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-18 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really unheard of, a lot of people don't know how to play a 5 versus <5 if the enemies are ahead. For whatever reason players often think they need to push and win fast when the surest way to lose such a game is to risk further snowballing the enemy heroes that are already bloated with increased xp/gold gain and leaver gold. I've always been of the opinion that if you're playing 5v4 or something and you really want to be sure you will win (or if the enemy is a lot ahead of you) the best way to play is to have everyone farm, fight only to defend towers and play as safe as possible. No matter how fed the enemy carries are, they will max out at level 25 and 6/6, but if your team has enough items then your higher numbers will win you the game. If you throw your team of 1 carry with couple of items and 4 supports with nothing but boots to a level 25 40.000 gold net worth solo carry, you're really deserving to lose the game. If you sit back and get farm on your carry, a hex or two and at least a Ghost Scep on every support you'll easily win.

Which is basically why I really, really hate playing anything but 5v5 and usually leave a game after an abandon. It should be common courtesy for people to just leave if someone on their team abandons early on but for whatever reason win-loss stats seem to be really important to some people, and I've had to endure some rather boring games because people on the other team didn't have the courtesy to leave and I'm queued with some friends who don't want to take a loss. Few days ago I was on my alt account and queued with 2 friends and a someone in our team quit like 30 seconds into game. We also left (even if 3 enemies had also quit) and I stayed in the game just long enough to see the last guy in our team get really angry in chat and demand that we stay. Later on I looked at my game history and noticed that game turned up as a win because apparently that last guy had played 1v2 for 40 minutes just to get a nice win in his record. I felt pretty bad for those 2 other guys.

Case in point, this game: https://dotabuff.com/matches/45252715

I've been hoping to forget that game, but anyway. 3 enemies quit some 15 minutes into the game at which point their Tinker and Void were 5+ levels ahead of everyone in the game and both essentially had free farm paired with some kills. I wanted to leave but was asked not to. Considering how big both their heroes were I suggested we farm some items before we do anything (WR, Axe and Lich had almost nothing but boots) but they insisted on trying to push right away and repeatedly got disintegrated by the Void/Tinker combo. In the end, it was my fault for thinking it was not a good idea to go pushing with a level 6 Lich with boots and branches against a level 14 Tinker with BoT, Blink and Dagon.
    Happened to me yesterday, I could of pushed and win by my self but hurled back and we lost...
    -K

Been playing Least Played for the last hours with some friends.

Its great for them since they usually limit themselfes to the same 5-10 heroes(our worst only uses 3). Me and a friend often play Random Draft / Single Draft together. So this mode actually doesnt do much for us, since we be using different heroes anyway. But its funny to see some of the underused heroes.

Deleted
    Least played made me discover wisp.. goddamn that hero is fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Least played made me discover wisp.. goddamn that hero is fun to play with.
    I tried Invoker, oh man how I suck switching spells midfight.

@Manni wall of text
    I agree. Also, 100 gpm lich XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Holy balls
    *clap*
    Awesome o.O
    Haha thanks

Yep.. Do not understand how really

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I tried Invoker, oh man how I suck switching spells midfight.
    That's the hardest part tho it's still easier than macro-managing 4 meepos properly imo.

Deleted
    Anyone else that getting the feeling between Low prio and Least played mode are very slim? Everyone instapicks carrys and runs around like chickens with their head chopped off.