10+ Year Old Account
    Cardinals sign Bruce Arians. Bevell stays in Seattle after getting a new contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Cards are apparently letting Ray Horton go, and are reportedly going after Todd Bowles from Philadelphia. Talk about a downgrade, Horton had that defense playing really well, they just don't even have the offense capable of keeping up with any sort of opposition.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

If Kolb is the plan, the coach doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    The Cards are apparently letting Ray Horton go, and are reportedly going after Todd Bowles from Philadelphia. Talk about a downgrade, Horton had that defense playing really well, they just don't even have the offense capable of keeping up with any sort of opposition.
    Apparently Ray Horton threw a fit too cause he wasn't chosen over Bruce Arians.

But yeah, huge downgrade IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If Kolb is the plan, the coach doesn't matter.
    I would be surprised if the Cards didn't get Tim Tebow or Alex Smith. But, you know: they're the Cards. Bad decisions are their specialty.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:22 PM ----------

Fucking lol

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...bobblehead-day

I think Alex Smith would do better in Buffalo or in the Jets than the Cards. Plus I dunno if the 49ers would trade him within their division.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Hilarious. I greatly enjoy the people up in arms about jokes like this or the Te'oing meme. There is no scenario in which this kid doesn't share some guilt. That is especially true after he continued to lie about her after supposedly finding out she didn't exist in early December. The dude is a sociopath. His parents are sociopaths who blacklist newspapers if the picture they show of Te'o isn't flattering. I am greatly enjoying laughing at his expense and I don't see a single scenario in which that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I think Alex Smith would do better in Buffalo or in the Jets than the Cards. Plus I dunno if the 49ers would trade him within their division.
    I doubt the 9ers will work out a trade. Smith is owed a lot of money for only one year and no team is gonna want to give up draft picks just to get one year of Alex Smith. I think the 9ers end up releasing him before he's owed any money. Also, no QB is gonna want to go to the Jets after the way Tebow got mistreated this year, and the Bills are dysfunctional as fuck. At least with AZ you have a good defense and receivers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Bears turned down a trio of Arians as HC, Wisenhunt as OC, and Grimm as OL coach. This is akin to Harbaugh starting Kaepernick over Alex Smith. No one could have faulted Emery down the line if he chose to go with that staff, a lot of people would have nabbed it. Instead he went with his gut feeling, and by far the more risky choice; if Trestman bombs the next 2 years it will look very bad on Emery.

Though I'm not entirely sure why everyone is so high on Russ Grimm as an OL coach. I realize the talent in AZ was lacking this year, but they had arguably the worst O Line in all of football this year. Coming from a Bears fan here so I am well versed in bad O lines.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-01-18 at 05:21 PM.

I'd see Alex Smith going to AZ more than anywhere else. They're probably the most complete of teams that need a QB, and they're not in the same division as NE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arizona has Larry Fitzgerald which is more than any other team trying to bring in a FA QB can say

just don't disappoint his dad

10+ Year Old Account
    John Idzik is rumored to be the Jets GM. I think hes the Seahawks VP football administration.

Ray Horton was signed as Browns DC.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    John Idzik is rumored to be the Jets GM. I think hes the Seahawks VP football administration.

Ray Horton was signed as Browns DC.
    AKA Rex will have full control over which players will be on his roster. Both Idzik and Khan are salary cap guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    AKA Rex will have full control over which players will be on his roster. Both Idzik and Khan are salary cap guys.
    Yep thats what I'm reading too.

But also the problem with the Jets was the conflict between Rex and their former GM who I don't remember.

For as much knocking on Rex I do, I think he deserves one more year. If he still fucking sucks then axe him. Another rumor is that Marty Mornhinweg (old Eagles OC) is going to be hired at the Jets for OC. Sooo yeaah.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:09 PM ----------

Michael Crabtree is being investigated for sexual assault of a woman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...exual-assault/

Which, before tomorrow. Here are my picks.

49ers. This one is easy for me

Pats. I reeeallly want the Ravens to win, but Tom Brady vs Flaccid... ugh. Its gonna be a shoot out regardless, but I just have to pick Brady over Flacco to put me over .500 for the post season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Pats. I reeeallly want the Ravens to win, but Tom Brady vs Flaccid... ugh. Its gonna be a shoot out regardless, but I just have to pick Brady over Flacco to put me over .500 for the post season.
    Hey man, Soft Penis did outplay Brady last year iirc. I'm taking the same teams though. I really, REALLY want to see a 49ers/Pats rematch. Second choice would definitely be a Harbaugh Bowl though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember last year Harbaugh's parents talking about how them playing in the championship would be a nightmare because it meant one would automatically lose and they couldn't root for either, etc. Then the nfc/afc championship games came around and solved that problem with gusto. I notice they're much quieter this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    San Fran. Chronicle Link

San Fran. WR, Michael Crabtree, questioned in rape case. The alleged attack happened several hours after last week's win over GB. Though he was questioned, he has not been charged with anything and accompanied the team to Atlanta for the Falcons game.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

So the story is that Crabtree, a multimillionaire football star who could have sex with virtually any stripper/groupie he wants, decided to celebrate his victory by abducting a girl, forcing her back into his hotel room (where she refused to alert any of the staff members working in the hotel that she was being held against her will) and violently raping her?

I believe that one as much as I believe in Manti Te'o's girlfriend. More likely scenario: she was flirty with him and agreed to go back to his place, he tried to get it in, she changed her mind at the last minute, and he kept pushing, leading to... 'OMG HE RAPED ME'. Women like that make me sick. Not only are you bringing up a serious accusation against someone who did nothing wrong other than pursue you, but you are making it harder for women who actually get raped to come forward because people are skeptical about actual rape happening thanks to situations like this. Here's a thought: if you don't want to have sex with a guy, don't go to his hotel room at 2 in the morning.

Rape isn't about having sex. Not saying she's correct, but the premise that he could have sex with any girl he wants isn't all that relevant. I certainly need more information to pass judgement one way or another, though.

If it's not about sex she has even less of a case. I find it hard to believe that a "victim" could walk through a place with neutral observers like a hotel lobby and not alert anyone that she is being held against her will.