Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    They will have real world adds in the game....so the claim of it being a world of diablo is farfetched. My guess would be an SC2 prequel :P
    SC2 having real world adds is ok?

Deleted
    They will have real world adds in the game....so the claim of it being a world of diablo is farfetched. My guess would be an SC2 prequel :P
    Yeah that works both ways though.

Having real world ads in any video game with fantasy lore would be farfetched... Do we even know if the game will absolutely 100% feature real world ingame advertising?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklynn View Post
    LOL - - - make the game "perfect" - - - WoW is still problematic

"perfect" ? played WoW much ? LOL
    Yes, I have. Tell me one mmo that has accomplished and maintained what WOW has for the past 8 years.
    Just because you and I perhaps don't find it fun anymore doesn't mean the game automatically becomes shit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    SC2 having real world adds is ok?
    I said prequel, like the early years. when human went into real space exploration! And real world adds in SC2 is more credible than having them in New Tristram.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Yeah that works both ways though.

Having real world ads in any video game with fantasy lore would be farfetched... Do we even know if the game will absolutely 100% feature real world ingame advertising?
    From job post on the blizzard website: Work closely with the art leads to conceptualize signage, product identity, advertisements, corporate branding, and general graphic designs.

source
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2013-01-16 at 05:00 PM.

Honestly, I would still rather the ads just be for some kind of "free to play" account. Let me pay my monthly fee and get a clean experience. If I have to pay $15-20/mo AND get inundated with real-world ads I'm gonna be a little pissed. 99.9% of ads don't work on getting me to buy anything, and usually will make me want to NOT buy it, actually.

From job post on the blizzard website: Work closely with the art leads to conceptualize signage, product identity, advertisements, corporate branding, and general graphic designs.

source
    You're reading into that way too much. Nothing in that job listing even comes close to suggesting that there will be ads in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oekss View Post
    You're reading into that way too much. Nothing in that job listing even comes close to suggesting that there will be ads in game.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...me-ads-6349027

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/BLi...ing,14535.html

http://www.gamefront.com/blizzard-se...sing-in-titan/

A few articles about the likelyhood of Blizzard including in-game advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Oekss View Post
    only next gen mmo in preparation at blizzard is Titan right now, in game ads is a good source of revenu and just the description in the job post is saying a lot, it might not happen, but if they thinkof oding it it, this mean it is in our reality, SC2 is sci-fy in the really far future so ....it would be possible to but some of the real world brand into it.

Personally I don't think blizzard would throw in advertisements all willy nilly like apps such as pandora.

Probably someone already thought of it but maybe a real world theme. Add's signs will be on the roads something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Honestly, I would still rather the ads just be for some kind of "free to play" account. Let me pay my monthly fee and get a clean experience. If I have to pay $15-20/mo AND get inundated with real-world ads I'm gonna be a little pissed. 99.9% of ads don't work on getting me to buy anything, and usually will make me want to NOT buy it, actually.
    Think of it as product placement as in movies but instead of the camera forcibly showing the Sony label on the computer or the Aston Martin car in James Bond you have the option to not look at them directly. I personally dont think that sounds bad at all, infact I think it sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Now the job listing these articles are referencing has potential.

Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience.
    This I'll buy as in game "ads". The one posted earlier wasn't even close.

Titan Concept Art? Or random art from Blizzard's Senior Artist?

This is...fairly old (circa Sept '12) but I haven't seen much press on it.

One of Blizzard's senior artists posted some images on his personal blog which are fairly detached from the Wow/SC universe. His art has become very cyberpunk in style...could this be the art style of Blizzard's next mmo?

Kotaku Article

His personal blog

I suppose it is possible, sure. I don't think it particularly likely though. I would imagine that posting something like unreleased concept art would get him in quite a bit of trouble with Blizzard. Plus, even with the various releases Blizzard has put out, I do not recall any concept art ever being leaked early. So in my opinion the chances of this being a legitimate hint about Titan are close to zero.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

This is Nick Carpenter (whose Cairne digi sculpt is amazing btw) but I'd say no, any similarity here with Titan would be superficial, you may be able to pick up on his style in the same way you can pick up on Warcraft's style in Samwise's non Warcraft art, but they would be very very very careful about leaking a single thing Titan in any way even on their private blogs. It's very nice though and shows how great Titan's art team lead is at,... arts.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I suppose it is possible, sure. I don't think it particularly likely though. I would imagine that posting something like unreleased concept art would get him in quite a bit of trouble with Blizzard. Plus, even with the various releases Blizzard has put out, I do not recall any concept art ever being leaked early. So in my opinion the chances of this being a legitimate hint about Titan are close to zero.
    This may not be concept art per-se for Titan, but it could be something like a mood board.

God I can't wait until the actual unveiling of Titan so we don't have to see the same theories and articles get reposted again and again.

Deleted
    Might've been said before, but a spin-off sort of counts as a new IP if it doesn't mention the copyrighted names and so on from the old IPs, or?

In that case, we could for instance see a MMO set in the StarCraft universe, but way earlier in time, when humans had just begun colonizing.

Wow, the concept art looks gorgous. If it's any indication, i'm starting to look forward to it.

As others have said, Blizz flat out lied regarding MoP, I don't put it past them to have lied about the content of Titan.

My bet is that it is WoW2 with completely updated graphics and other hardware updates designed to keep the mmo relevant for the next 8-10 years, or [a mmo universe of] Diablo/Starcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As others have said, Blizz flat out lied regarding MoP, I don't put it past them to have lied about the content of Titan.

My bet is that it is WoW2 with completely updated graphics and other hardware updates designed to keep the mmo relevant for the next 8-10 years, or Diablo/Starcraft.
    In what way have they lied about MoP?