Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    his body isnt on azeroth... that was a weakened avatar. its kinda like a shortcut way to be summoned to a planet
    If I understand it correctly, he gimped himself to be able to go through the portal, but he's still himself. Just a lesser version. Surely there must be some kind of corpse/part of a skeleton left behind? Otherwise it should be called the Fall/End of Sargeras and not the "Tomb", imo :s
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    If I understand it correctly, he gimped himself to be able to go through the portal, but he's still himself. Just a lesser version. Surely there must be some kind of corpse/part of a skeleton left behind? Otherwise it should be called the Fall/End of Sargeras and not the "Tomb", imo :s
    no when they summoned him they only summoned his mind. (kinda like how when you kill demons on azeroth unless their fully summoned their mind just goes back to the twisting nether)

the body of his avatar was eaten by demons apparently thats why when guldan went inside it he was then eaten by the demons that were there
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Here is another What-If, what if the WE isn't us. What if the WE is the Burning Legion and they want to come back to Azeroth to the Tomb of Sargeras to get the things they need to rebuild Sargeras the fallen Titan ? Maybe if they rebuild his body, his spirit will come back to it. The Burning legion hasn't been to successful as of late, so they need the boss to come back.
    Reading about the tomb of Sargeras it contains the remains of his magically generated avatar that was defeated by Aegwynn.

In the lore of war of the ancients Sargeras "ceased to be" in a physical sense when the portal collapsed as he stepped through and he has been disembodied ever since.

To have Sargeras rebuilt with a new titan body and flung back into the universe as head of the legion would be truly awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Reading about the tomb of Sargeras it contains the remains of his magically generated avatar that was defeated by Aegwynn.

In the lore of war of the ancients Sargeras "ceased to be" in a physical sense when the portal collapsed as he stepped through and he has been disembodied ever since.

To have Sargeras rebuilt with a new titan body and flung back into the universe as head of the legion would be truly awesome.
    Yep, at the end of expansion we get a new villain instead of killing one. Having the Dreadlords orchestrate things like in WC III. I still think the magical artifacts of his avatar could be used to build and/or call his spirit to his body. What ever the case ... I want the broken isles zone.

The Draenei might have a different opinion on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what if .... The voices that came through Wrathion was the voice of N'goth or an old god.
    So the we are the old gods and their servants. So the twilight hammer's cult, instectoid races,
    and faceless ones rebuilding Sargeras' body or his avatar. They want him back on Azeroth to
    cause chaos because they love it and/or it would make it easier for them to take over after
    he was done with it. Sort of the enemy of my enemy is friend type deal.
    Old gods + Burning legion = WIN

Deleted
    So what if .... The voices that came through Wrathion was the voice of N'goth or an old god.
    So the we are the old gods and their servants. So the twilight hammer's cult, instectoid races,
    and faceless ones rebuilding Sargeras' body or his avatar. They want him back on Azeroth to
    cause chaos because they love it and/or it would make it easier for them to take over after
    Yeah that sounds very plausible. In the WoTA trilogy it was made pretty clear that the Old gods wanted Sargeras to show up so that he shatters their prison. That´s why they corrupted both Neltharion (because of the disc) and Azshara.

It was also made clear that Sargeras would not stand any chance against the unleashed Old gods. That´s why that was a pretty safe plan for the Old gods.

They wanted Azshara to open a portal for the Legion and Sargeras so that the Legion can release them.

Maybe they want that now too. You know that vision Wrathion saw could be an Old God that whispers to him like they already did with his dad Neltharion.

According to the books Sargeras body was shattered after the destruction of the Well and so maybe this "last titan" Wrathion tells us about is Sargeras and the Old gods really want to reconstruct his body or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wondering what the mogu were sent to Pandaria for, since Wrathion suggests it was a specific task. Intruiging.

Eh, I doubt Sargeras and the Old Gods have the same goals in mind. Sargeras seems to want to destroy worlds, while the Old Gods want to corrupt and rule them.

Kinda figuring Sargeras went bad partly because he figured the titans weren't up to the challenge of stopping the Old Gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Kinda wondering what the mogu were sent to Pandaria for, since Wrathion suggests it was a specific task. Intruiging.

Eh, I doubt Sargeras and the Old Gods have the same goals in mind. Sargeras seems to want to destroy worlds, while the Old Gods want to corrupt and rule them.

Kinda figuring Sargeras went bad partly because he figured the titans weren't up to the challenge of stopping the Old Gods.
    As I wrote above the Old gods do have similar goals than Sargeras. Of course Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth but the Old gods want that too so that they are released. Sargeras would not stand any chance against the unleashed Old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    On the front page there's a soundfile of Wrathion.

From about 7.20 or so he's talking about the heart of the Thunder King, filled with the magic of the Titans.

He has a vision of the universe and see's millions of worlds with one standing out, presumably Azeroth.

Then something interesting happens, he gets "possessed" by someone or something and says "We have fallen, we must rebuild the final Titan"

Speculation? Was it a Titan on another world?

I'm really thinking the Burning Legion have defeated the Titans now and that's where we're heading in the next Expansion, to what ever planet that voice came from!

Thoughts?!
    So Titan is the next expansion then, some titan enslaved by the Burning Legion, wreaking havoc upon Azeroth? Sounds familiar.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    As I wrote above the Old gods do have similar goals than Sargeras. Of course Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth but the Old gods want that too so that they are released. Sargeras would not stand any chance against the unleashed Old gods.
    Yeah, but Sargeras tends to leave planets completely lifeless in his wake. Whereas whenever the Old Gods are in charge of Azeroth, either as they were in the beginning or in some potential future post-Cataclysm, the world's full of life, it just happens to be completely corrupt and under their influence.

Makes the greater cosmic struggle more interesting that way - the titans want order, the Old Gods want chaos, and the burning legion want annihilation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, but Sargeras tends to leave planets completely lifeless in his wake. Whereas whenever the Old Gods are in charge of Azeroth, either as they were in the beginning or in some potential future post-Cataclysm, the world's full of life, it just happens to be completely corrupt and under their influence.

Makes the greater cosmic struggle more interesting that way - the titans want order, the Old Gods want chaos, and the burning legion want annihilation.
    Yeah it has never been mentioned in-game and in the WoTA books what would happen if Sargeras succeeded and released the Old gods. He tends to completely annihilate planets.

I really don't know but it seems like he would not stand any chance against them.

Deleted
    Yeah it has never been mentioned in-game and in the WoTA books what would happen if Sargeras succeeded and released the Old gods. He tends to completely annihilate planets.

I really don't know but it seems like he would not stand any chance against them.
    The legion and Sargeras are not in cahoots, in war of the ancients the Old gods basically try to redirect Sargeras summoning portal to their prison so they can be freed.

It is mentioned that when they are freed the combined might of all the old gods would destroy Sargeras and his legion. Not sure if that is true or if the old gods are just being overconfident like all villains.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Draenei might have a different opinion on that one.
    "Awesome" doesnt mean what you think it means.

Deleted
    The legion and Sargeras are not in cahoots, in war of the ancients the Old gods basically try to redirect Sargeras summoning portal to their prison so they can be freed.

It is mentioned that when they are freed the combined might of all the old gods would destroy Sargeras and his legion. Not sure if that is true or if the old gods are just being overconfident like all villains.
    Nah they are definitely not overconfident there. I mean some quests in Northrend showed us that Yogg-saron is almost as big as the entire continent northrend. Let´s image N´zoth, Yogg-saron, C´thun and the other unmentioned Old gods (presumably a total of 5).

They would be so big and mighty that Sargeras would flee or beg for mercy. Many titans were needed to fight the Old gods and they were no way less powerful than Sargeras (of course he was the titan champion).

After all Sargeras is "just" a single Titan and would not stand a chance against the freed Old gods ... never ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah they are definitely not overconfident there. I mean some quests in Northrend showed us that Yogg-saron is almost as big as the entire continent northrend. Let´s image N´zoth, Yogg-saron, C´thun and the other unmentioned Old gods (presumably a total of 5).

They would be so big and mighty that Sargeras would flee or beg for mercy. Many titans were needed to fight the Old gods and they were no way less powerful than Sargeras (of course he was the titan champion).

After all Sargeras is "just" a single Titan and would not stand a chance against the freed Old gods ... never ever.
    Also, I would think Sargeras would be a bit thankful for the Old gods reconstructing his body.
    So he wouldn't mind shattering their prisons and giving the azeroth as his thank you present to them.

So Old gods trying to rebuild a HUGE Titan body some where.
    Who is up for some green flaming tentacles ?

Deleted
    Also, I would think Sargeras would be a bit thankful for the Old gods reconstructing his body.
    So he wouldn't mind shattering their prisons and giving the azeroth as his thank you present to them.

So Old gods trying to rebuild a HUGE Titan body some where.
    Who is up for some green flaming tentacles ?
    Im pretty sure that one of the Blizz devs (maybe even Metzen) said that Sargeras´ body was destroyed and he had been in limbo ever since the destruction of his portal.

Maybe the Old gods and Sargeras made a deal so that his body is reconstructed in exchange to freeing the Old gods from their prison.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure that one of the Blizz devs (maybe even Metzen) said that Sargeras´ body was destroyed and he had been in limbo ever since the destruction of his portal.

Maybe the Old gods and Sargeras made a deal so that his body is reconstructed in exchange to freeing the Old gods from their prison.
    I don't think the old gods would be involved in reconstructing Sargeras, they didn't seem to see him as anything other than one of the very titans who imprisoned them during war of the ancients.

My bet is the legion.

Personally I'd rather the old gods weren't involved as well, I hate them showing up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its terrible, and has nothing to do with previous lore whatsoever. If you want great lore, look only to TBC and all its story lines and archs.
    The most important Lore development from BC was:
    Garrosh introduced
    Sunwell cleansed

Deleted
    There are only 2 plausible characters that could have spoken through wrathion in this scene.

1. Kil´jaeden
    2. Old gods (N´zoth)

My bet is on Kil´jaeden to be honest. Makes much sense that he seeks help in reconstructing his boss Sargeras.