Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Minor things that I want to see in WoW

• If anyone played The Wind Waker, you might remember how when the camera was positioned in such a way that Link was obscured by a static object, said object would fade, allowing you to see what you were doing. I want this in WoW as trees are the bane of my existence.
    • Since MoP introduced new lighting effects for static sources, I think it's time we see some dynamic lighting effects, especially for spells. Imagine how cool it would be if a paladin's Avenger Shield or a mage's Fireball emitted light that interacted with surrounding objects.
    • The ability to appear offline, and the ability to ignore another player's entire account as opposed to single characters would be a welcome change. I personally have never been forced to ignore someone, but my wife recently fell victim to some asshole who would simply make new characters each time she placed him on ignore.

Anyone else have any ideas for minor changes that would make the game more enjoyable? Notice how I said minor, so let's not get crazy here.

Realistic darkness at night or in dark places, with point source lighting ranging from torches and candles to glows on weapons and armour, lighting the way when there isn't moon/starlight to shine down. It's a lot of work for a minor detail imo, but one I'd like never the less.
    Lunar cycles, a full moon every night just lacks.
    Cross-zone weather. If it's raining in Elwynn how is it sunny in Stormwind? Or why does it never rain there at all; you'd think with a name like Stormwind it'd be raining a lot, actually.
    Clouds in the sky, not just a skybox.
    Non-generic death animations. If you get struck down by a melee weapon, it should be different from getting shot dead or killed with a spell.
    Different voice sets for each race/gender, rather than a single one, have like 5 or 6, which players can change via gold by visiting a "speech therapist" or something. So not everyone sounds exactly the same, even if they say the same things.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you guys, Rheck and Constell... but I'd also like more realistic weather-conditions and better lighting.
    Owyeah, and new vanilla models

- As for the weather, it would be really sweet if, when it would be raining, puddles would form and the rain-overlay would be better. With snow, you could actually see some snow on the ground and with wind, you could have an assortment of leaves-per-zone flying around. (Vice City did it YEARS ago with flyers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn Greymane in vegeta's armor

on a serious note

def some animation fixes. some new ones.... kinda leads into new models

Much better darkness for night. I was tinkering with WoW's lighting settings with the machinima editor a while back and made this picture of Org to represent what I'm talking about. Man... that is old. Dat Malevolence staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they could update graphics to be similar to sw:tor it would be nice (and I´m NOT talking about placing wow characters on tatooine) - and similar size in areas. While areas might be fine for regular mounts its way too small with flying mounts.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    If they could update graphics to be similar to sw:tor it would be nice (and I´m NOT talking about placing wow characters on tatooine) - and similar size in areas. While areas might be fine for regular mounts its way too small with flying mounts.
    There goes my dream of seeing a goblin get in a fistfight with a Jawa.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Visible quivers and ammo pouches!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    There goes my dream of seeing a goblin get in a fistfight with a Jawa.
    Don´t stop dreaming it might still happen - probably not in the same game though
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by JKim View Post
    Dailies, I don't like dailies.
    Can I please get coins from doing something other than these same daily quests ive done 100 times

Deleted
    Dailies based on skill level, like when u dont avoid a lot put it on recruit orso, and if u feel comfortable dodging anything put it on something like veteran like diablo has monster power but just somewhat different since that is gear based and not skill based, basicly a spell which is avoidable like the sartharion lava waves, if u put it on like recruit it only deals 10% of ur max hp and when u put it on the highest is deals like 75% of ur max hp, but i guess this will be to hard to put in the game
    But i guess this isnt just a minor change
    Last edited by mmoc2b16b89ac8; 2013-01-18 at 11:32 AM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    • If anyone played The Wind Waker, you might remember how when the camera was positioned in such a way that Link was obscured by a static object, said object would fade, allowing you to see what you were doing. I want this in WoW as trees are the bane of my existence.
    • Since MoP introduced new lighting effects for static sources, I think it's time we see some dynamic lighting effects, especially for spells. Imagine how cool it would be if a paladin's Avenger Shield or a mage's Fireball emitted light that interacted with surrounding objects.
    • The ability to appear offline, and the ability to ignore another player's entire account as opposed to single characters would be a welcome change. I personally have never been forced to ignore someone, but my wife recently fell victim to some asshole who would simply make new characters each time she placed him on ignore.

Anyone else have any ideas for minor changes that would make the game more enjoyable? Notice how I said minor, so let's not get crazy here.
    That's already being introduced
    I would love to see things like fireball interact with surrounding things too, would look epic
    Something I'd like to see would be Mekgineers chopper be able to be parked, so you actually get off and leave it there for a little while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's already being introduced
    I would love to see things like fireball interact with surrounding things too, would look epic
    Something I'd like to see would be Mekgineers chopper be able to be parked, so you actually get off and leave it there for a little while
    have a link for that? I will gladly re-activate my RealID if that truly is the case. Was always a downside to
    RealID for me, the inability to be "anonymous" and just level an alt or play the AH with no one knowing.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    New character models for vanilla races pleeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeee!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    have a link for that? I will gladly re-activate my RealID if that truly is the case. Was always a downside to
    RealID for me, the inability to be "anonymous" and just level an alt or play the AH with no one knowing.
    I'll go and try and find the link for you
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7315729
    There you go
    Just incase people don't like links:

"Soon, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III players will be able to select "Appear Offline" as one of their Battle.net social-status options (along with Available, Busy, and Away) for those times when they want to wander Azeroth by their lonesome, dominate the galaxy in radio silence, or slay demons in solitude. When you choose this option as your status, all of your Real ID friends, BattleTag friends, and character-level friends will see you as “Offline” in their friends list whenever you’re logged into a game"

As much as dynamic lighting effects would be nice, that's really not a minor change. A huge amount of time and manpower would have to go into getting the engine to a level where it is playable with them. The game engine in its current state is very poorly optimized for dynamic lighting as can be seen by the difference in framerate caused solely by disabling shadows.

The minor change I'd like to see most is a way to see where to get specific crafting materials in game without relying on a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    We might have run at different settings or have different computer specs but I really didn't care for the graphics for a lot of the stuff in SWTOR the shading was odd and many things had this liquid metal type of thing going on like a lame version of Terminator 2. I have seen plenty of videos of SWTOR stuff on youtube and they have the same types of things going on also.

Having said all of the that graphics in WoW could certainly use a overhaul. I know they are working on some models and have updated a few things with Cata changes and beyond. The older stuff is pretty bad though and many of the races are in some serious need of help. Put an undead toon next to a panda or goblin and the quality difference is huge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:38 AM ----------

Spell effects coming from wpns. Having the spells leave a locks staff rather then somewhere near its hands. Anything to bring caster wpns into the game some. In most cases you never see them for anything outside of a staff across somebodies back.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    There actually are quite a few lightning and shading options available. Just play around with the settings and you'll see a HUGE difference.

What I would like to see (minor changes): More random interactions between rival factions. Random named NPC's from both Horde and Alliance fighting in the open world, sometimes 3vs1, or 6vs10. Think how this worked in Skyrim with the Stormcloaks, Thalmor and Imperials who were fighting in the open world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Much better darkness for night. I was tinkering with WoW's lighting settings with the machinima editor a while back and made this picture of Org to represent what I'm talking about. Man... that is old. Dat Malevolence staff.
    This is just super awesome. I would love to see like a dark night like this in whole world when its night.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple