Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have a feeling you wouldnt like any of the changes whatever blizz did. These are good

Deleted
    no, Blizard is adding in competition, which is currently lacking in the Gear v gear system that operates now.

Its a poor effort to try to stop the ppl that jump out in the first few weeks of a season then sit on their rating until the end. This will also help ppl get past the 2200 wall of gear. Giving ppl that are better the best gear is a hell of a way to keep the 1900 to 2199 ppl locked out of that gear in the past. I know I have hit those brick walls raising up my arena or RBG ratings in the past. Nothing like making progress and climbing your way up to only run into a skill and gear gap.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Crappy joe blow who just wants to cap points:
    10 arena wins per week, team hopping all the time and never breaking 1500 = 1800 CP
    Week 15 - Enjoy your Elite Weapons

Keen pvper that is 1/2 decent:
    Get to 1800 in 3s first week - (at least 10 arena wins + 1 rbg = 2200 CP)
    Each week after - ( 13 arena wins + 2 rbgs wins = 2795 CP)
    Week 10 - Enjoy your Elite Weapons

Super awesome l337 skillz pvper:

Get to 2400 in 3s first week - (at least 10 arena wins + 1 rbg = 2200 CP)
    Each week after - ( 17 arena wins + 2 rbgs wins = 3699 CP)
    Week 8 - Enjoy your Elite Weapons

That's a massive 5-7 week advantage amazing pvpers still have so this change is only really a bandaid fix.

A simple rating decay system would be good imo if they want to encourage people to play and not sit on ratings. i.e. If your team doesn't play at least (5% of total games) or 10 games, whichever is higher every week - your arena rating decays by 10%.
    If they really are a crap pvper then the gear wont help them. The only thing in danger of getting beat up are some egos of ppl that wanted to stand around in their elite pvp gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I facepalm at idiotic thread like these!

Skill should matter in PVP, not gear. If you disagree, my guess is that you are either:

1. Not very skilled.
    2. Caring more about your personal epeen than actual PvP.

And NO, everyone will NOT get Elite gear at the same time, learn to read and try to activate your braincells (I know its hard, but just try...)
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    You know, if you people actually stopped to think about this....you wouldn't get so mad.

Here's what we know...

a) more rating = more conquest
    b) if you never get that extra rating you're stuck with a tiny conquest cap
    c) most players struggle to get that rating to increase cap and some players don't always get in an RBG win

With that said, I haven't always done my RBG and only have an 1800 conquest cap. Here we are...almost to the end of the season and I haven't even gotten to 27000 points yet.

YES FOLKS....MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER EVEN GET THERE BEFORE 5.3.

So in a sense, if you are a skilled player, with a high conquest point cap, you will hit 27000 much much sooner. You will therefore probably be full elite within a few weeks of 5.3 or possibly prior. Meanwhile, someone such as myself who certainly knows what he's doing but is by no means a PvP guru, will get a handful of elite pieces and possibly a full set by the time the end of the season comes around. Meanwhile, those skilled players who are better than me will still have plenty of time to "out-gear" me in arenas and get a higher rating.

This change is good because it's changing PvP gearing from a plateau style to a linear progression. Furthermore, the "catch-up" feature will be nice for those with alts.

I really don't understand all the raging.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How is this too different from a decay system? If you don't PvP enough, your rating will remain the same, but those who actually do PvP, will keep climbing based on how much they PvP, isn't it basically the same effect or am i missing something?
    That's how the original PvP Honor system worked...Pretty sure we're not going back to that.

Deleted
    I like the weapon change, however it seems to me like the 2200 armor which is just cosmetical at this point will be available to everyone that does their 1800 cap each week, makes no sense to me why they are removing all mid season rewards for getting high rated, even the ones that do not affect other players. Keep in mind the season do not end in 5.3, it will probably go for over 6-7 months.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-18 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Whats really hilarious is people that actually believe what you are saying.
    I believe him. Did you even PvP in Vanilla? That's the thing though. Even a brain dead human will get half-way decent if he's honestly trying to get to High Warlord. There were a number of High Warlords I remember killing in Vanilla that didn't impress me. Whitey does over-exaggerate when he says "nothing to do with skill" though...

TIL, people don't know what Gladiator mounts are.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

people need to stop comparing getting pvp gear to getting, they are two completely different things. If youre so concerned about getting a "reward" to prove how good you are Earn those top PvP titles.

PvP should not be about gear at all.

Deleted
    Looks like I'm gonna have to get a real job now if Arabs don't want to buy t2 anymore...

What makes me sick, is that some people are so stupid that they cannot comprehend the logic behind arena and rated BG gearing.

Today, at 0 rating you meet people with Elite 2.2k geared people running around 2.2k rating. THIS is the issue, having "casuals/farmers" getting the gear after you do in ~3 months roughly isn't the problem. Rated BG fast gearing nonsense is the problem.

and another thing, dont complain about 2.2k requirements being removed unless you actually for once reach above 1550 rating and get 2200.
    otherwise gtfo and spare the complain spam.

in case you did, and you want to "look" like a better player ? play like one.
    Last edited by Gamez; 2013-01-18 at 11:45 AM.

This is a good change. I remember when PvPing was about PvPing and not getting gear.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The OP's title is funny, 'cause at the state of things right now, there is almost no competition going on due to abysmal participation levels. Just ask any high-level gladiator team who runs into the same comp with the same people over and over and over and over again.

There can be some improvements, but overall these are GREAT changes. I'm sure most of the gladiator community agree as well. This will encourage more participation from the casual players, reduce gear disparity, and discourage teams sitting on their ratings.

Deleted
    So... wait a second.... PvP'ers are QQ'ing over the fact there's going to be an even playing field next season vs higher rated teams having a gear advantage?! cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    So... wait a second.... PvP'ers are QQ'ing over the fact there's going to be an even playing field next season vs higher rated teams having a gear advantage?! cry me a river.
    No, it's just the bad ones QQ'ing. Most competitive players are agreeing with these changes.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    No, these aren't PvPers, these are Elitist snowflakes :P

Deleted
    Higher rating = more Qonq per week = faster elite gear =- your special snowflake ass will get it 5 weeks before me. so stfu

i like the new gea change!!

Good changes, just hope there were more cosmetic items or pets / mounts etc available from PvP.
    Next season will be about getting rBG rating to high enough so you get max Conquest Point cap, and then just farming rBG weekly till you have your items.

Was hoping for a bit more.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    Lets see if you start in the middle of the season it will take you roughly 13 weeks to hit 27,000 Conquest. As far as I know you cannot save 27,000 conquest most of it would have to be spent on lesser gear along the way. By the time someone gets to 27,000 conquest after starting in the middle of the season the season would most likely be over. So I doubt those people could get to the top.

Unless you are win trading, which is entirely possible, many honest groups hit a wall trying to get over 2200 by not being able to defeat players in far superior gear. This plus all the whining I have read on the official forums lead me to believe that these so called "elite" PvPers are afraid of competition in similar gear. If was good enough at PvP I would welcome the challenge. The more the merrier I say and let the best players win, not the best geared. If you people really cared about PvP you would prefer it to be skill based not gear based. I understand skill usually wins out, but you cannot tell me that someone in the 450 crafted gears could compete with someone with the 490 elite gears if equally skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    I believe him. Did you even PvP in Vanilla? That's the thing though. Even a brain dead human will get half-way decent if he's honestly trying to get to High Warlord. There were a number of High Warlords I remember killing in Vanilla that didn't impress me. Whitey does over-exaggerate when he says "nothing to do with skill" though...
    I'm pretty sure I pvped in vanilla, yeah. I could be wrong though.

People who make statements like that either 1) couldn't get a group to do it, 2) weren't good enough at their respective role to do it (not just their class) or 3) they actually didn't play at all and are pretending to have a clue.

You even said it, the fact that he mentioned it required no skill is evidence enough that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Now you can get carried to GM in a few hours to a day, that's my definition of a "requires no skill" type of pvp. This is versus the 5+ months, or even a year for some, it took to get the GM title in vanilla...if you were next in line for GM, IF you maintained the current honor cap PER WEEK....oh and IF someone else doesn't fuck you over for the title).
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-01-18 at 12:08 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."