Page 38 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Considering I have been propositioned without protection, and I turned down said encounter due to such circumstances, I'd say yes responsible men do think about pregnancy.
    I imagine if you're propositioned you'll think about it. Would you have the same thought process while making out?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think its fair to call it rape. maybe some kind of fraud.

well it seems a bit silly but if theres procedures in place they must be followed.
    Point one: Scamming someone into sexual intercourse under false pretenses is probably generally accepted to be rape, right?
    Point two: What exactly are the reasons for the test-tube procedure to be absolutely mandatory? Are they even absolutely mandatory? And... Wha..? If I remember correctly, the man in this situation demanded time with the child as he considered himself the father. This being unreasonable in itself, the couple then pretty much determined that, as a father, the donor doesn't just have benefits, but also obligations. Which makes perfect sense. You can't demand a child and then not take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Did the court actually make that ruling or was it just the states position? I thought it was just the state in question taking that position
    I believe it was just the state. Pardon my misstatement.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 03:07 PM ----------

i dont think its fair to call it rape. maybe some kind of fraud.

well it seems a bit silly but if theres procedures in place they must be followed.
    The procedures in place were followed by the man. The women were the ones who fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You can't prove that. What you can do is give men rights in court to defend themselves. Make it clear to women that if they could bear the whole burden of the child and it will discourage them from trying.

The problem is that now they are above the law. This gives them the power to manipulate and rob their partners blind.
    Well, if we could come up with a way to make it easy to tell when someone has decieved you, I would be all for civil law suites being made against a woman. It's honestly similiar to someone who knows they got AIDS but knowlingly lies about it and still have unprotected sex, an awful thing to do and it is at least here illegal.

What I don't agree with though is that we men should just be able to say "I don't want any part of this" if an accident happens. We know an accident can occur and we should therefor take our responsibility if it happens. Just like the woman does.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Wow... if you think that's the thought that goes through anyone's head before they have sex I have to wonder if you've actually had sex.
    yes... i wasnt going to cry about how "unfair" it was if something happened. and i took steps to make sure it didnt.
    While it's true that I advocate personal responsibility, it's just that. I advocate personal responsibility. I do NOT advocate having obligations you've made clear you don't want thrust upon you.

When a woman keeps a pregnancy and the father does not want it, there is no sound reason he should be held liable for her decision.
    it was his decision to create the situation in the first place. its his liability, if you will.

Do you support the court's position that he should pay child support because the lesbian couple didn't go through the proper channels to have IVF done?
    not exactly, but its entirely the people involveds' fault.

No-one, including you, has any rights! Deal with it.

We've given ourselves rights, and I see no reason why I should feel like I need to follow any of your rights. If you have rights, I have the right to ignore your rights!

I imagine if you're propositioned you'll think about it. Would you have the same thought process while making out?
    That's actually the situation I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Point one: Scamming someone into sexual intercourse under false pretenses is probably generally accepted to be rape, right?
    that would be the intercourse itself, not pregnancy.
    Point two: What exactly are the reasons for the test-tube procedure to be absolutely mandatory? Are they even absolutely mandatory? And... Wha..? If I remember correctly, the man in this situation demanded time with the child as he considered himself the father. This being unreasonable in itself, the couple then pretty much determined that, as a father, the donor doesn't just have benefits, but also obligations. Which makes perfect sense. You can't demand a child and then not take care of it.
    i imagine it being done by a physician ensures that theres a way to prove beyond a doubt it was purely a donation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 07:14 AM ----------

I believe it was just the state. Pardon my misstatement.

The procedures in place were followed by the man. The women were the ones who fucked up.
    no, they all should have done it at a clinic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No-one, including you, has any rights! Deal with it.

We've given ourselves rights, and I see no reason why I should feel like I need to follow any of your rights. If you have rights, I have the right to ignore your rights!
    Cool. So murder is perfectly justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    How can i get in through your skull? It's like you making an investment with moderate risk and your financial partner screwing you over behind your back. You need to be able to defend yourself from fraud/entrapment.

Men as it is have no rights in court, this empowers women to abuse their power and ruin lives. Laws cause the problem and they should fix it.
    You make a risk assesment, you willingly take the risk and then you cry faul when shit goes wrong. You presume every case is a fraud, when it's very likely that it is far more common with accidential pregnencies, and in those cases both the man and the woman have a responsibility.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    What I don't agree with though is that we men should just be able to say "I don't want any part of this" if an accident happens. We know an accident can occur and we should therefor take our responsibility if it happens. Just like the woman does.
    Of course this exists, because too many scumbags flee responsibility. The problem with that is they still flee responsibility while the normal guys get abused.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not fair that women must carry children in their bodies? i agree, we should start working on a system to allow men to so that it can be their choice. or violate womens bodily autonomy.

it doesnt matter who agreed to be responsible, both are. because in the end they both agreed when they had sex in the first place.
    did you read what i wrote or are you just writing meaningless stuff quoting my post for no reason?

well if they agreed both why can one decide then? if both are responsible, why can only one have a say? and i don´t know if you know this but having sex doesn´t automaticaly mean you want to have a baby, that´s why mankind invented kondoms and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    did you read what i wrote or are you just writing meaningless stuff quoting my post for no reason?

well if they agreed both why can one decide then? if both are responsible, why can only one have a say? and i don´t know if you know this but having sex doesn´t automaticaly mean you want to have a baby, that´s why mankind invented kondoms and stuff
    you talked about how sexist it was that women get a say whether or not to carry children. thats only because they have uteruses. having sex means you decided to take the risk of having a baby.

it was his decision to create the situation in the first place. its his liability, if you will.
    No, it was THEIR decision to have sex. It was HER decision to keep the baby. It should not be her decision to force him to pay for that.

not exactly, but its entirely the people involveds' fault.
    No, it's the women's fault.

15+ Year Old Account
    hardly. raising a child is a huge burden not only financially but physically, emotionally, and a good chunk of time that could be spent in other areas. he pays a fee in return for doubling every other burden.
    let me get this straight, she wanted the child, he didn´t and still her burden is bigger than his? i get it that he has rather few love for the child but shouldnt her love for the wanted child be way greater than the burden??
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

no, they all should have done it at a clinic.
    And you should probably read aloud to yourself what you write before you hit "reply".

Where you get a sperm donation is immaterial to where it's done.

In fact, there's no sound reason it should be a requirement to have the procedure done in a clinic since it's obviously not necessary for successful conception.

There's literally no sound reason this man should be held liable for child support when an agreement was signed that he would not be.

He has no presence in this kid's life, no rights to the kid... no nothing to the kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    you talked about how sexist it was that women get a say whether or not to carry children. thats only because they have uteruses. having sex means you decided to take the risk of having a baby.
    only in a world were there is no such things as abortions and adoptions... at least i don´t live in that world, do you?

No, it was THEIR decision to have sex. It was HER decision to keep the baby. It should not be her decision to force him to pay for that.
    it was his decision to support her in the event of her keeping the baby, by having sex. she is also responsible for her decision to keep it, and must care for it.
    No, it's the women's fault.
    i think this sums up your viewpoint pretty well.

Where you get a sperm donation is immaterial to where it's done.

In fact, there's no sound reason it should be a requirement to have the procedure done in a clinic since it's obviously not necessary for successful conception.
    Legal documentation is still required for traceability. I cannot just fill a petri-dish and give it to a random on the street without repercussions.

In addition, clinics are beneficial as they screen donors for diseases or other abnormalities that donations from randoms may contain.

it was his decision to support her in the event of her keeping the baby, by having sex. she is also responsible for her decision to keep it, and must care for it.
    Actually... If she can decide to terminate the pregnancy, and he doesn't want the child, and she doesn't agree to terminating the pregnancy, then it is not his responsibility. Considering she could have it terminated, but didn't.
    Conversely, he wanted the child, she wouldn't want the child, but she chose to carry it regardless for his sake, then dump the child with him (since he was the one who wanted it, and not she), then the child is not her responsibility.