Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    /facepalm.

They're comedians, I'd trust mmo-champion before them.

And even then, mmo is pretty left-leaning all the way to the ground.
    Being a comedian doesn't mean you're not telling the truth. The best comedians actually have the truth at the center of what they are saying, and it's theirt ability to put that truth into perspective that makes them funny.

What these guys do is expose the truth but in a way that is amusing. Typically they point out and mock the ridiculous and hypocriticial things that politicians (and others) are doing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 03:47 PM ----------

People should watch Jon Stewart's interview on Fox News. Very informative and gives perspective on what he actually does (stuff about him starts more at 7 mins in).

Last edited by ptwonline; 2013-01-18 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    who else finds it sad his "news team" did all of that investigative journalism to find out the ATF cant do anything?

and those who did weaken the atf to nothing, were all just being interviewed by the other networks?

It's kind of frightening to think some of you were allowed to vote.

But, a favorite saying among my friends and I is when you see someone do something really stupid, or doesn't signal, or drives like a blind maniac is "well you know how they voted".

The scariest thing about it all is that they didn't really have to try that hard to flip you to the lunatic side. Some well produced comedy news shows (that have the hardest bias this side of MSNBC), a lot of biased journalism, some vague absolution of student loans talk, a little bit of foodstamps when you don't deserve or need them, bake at 451 degrees for 1 minute: Presto junior pinko commie.

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-18 at 04:49 PM.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    It's kind of frightening to think some of you were allowed to vote.

But, a favorite saying among my friends and I is when you see someone do something really stupid, or doesn't signal, or drives like a blind maniac is "well you know how they voted".

The scariest thing about it all is that they didn't really have to try that hard to flip you to the lunatic side. Some well produced comedy news shows (that have the hardest bias this side of MSNBC), a lot of biased journalism, some vague absolution of student loans talk, a little bit of foodstamps when you don't deserve or need them, bake at 451 degrees for 1 minute: Presto junior pinko commie.
    Makes me scared you're allowed to vote, nothing screams intelligent voter like "junior pinko commie".

Received infraction.

~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-18 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking from outside the bubble, I love watching the Daily Show purely because I wish we had the same thing over here. Stewart is an expect at calling people out on their bullshit and getting right down to the truth about the matter.

It's just so much of this material comes from the far right that it's hard to ignore.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Jesus christ dude. There are crazies on both sides. Sure he makes fun of MSNBC, but Bill on Fox makes fun of Rush sometimes. If you don't see John's obvious bias (whether for comedy reasons or actual political reasons) than you need to get your eyes checked man.

The reason his show does well is what I stated previously. Younger people tend to lean left more (and watch more tv), hence more viewers, hence more money etc...
    Doesn't have anything to do with his bias.

He thinks rationally, which means, everything he thinks is contra-republican, because rational thinking is something republicans cant do.
    If the democrats make a mistake, he tears them apart aswell.

Have you ever seen O'reilly criticize any republican? Haha, no matter how stupid that republican is, he defends him with all he has.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Stewart was funny at first on the Daily show and even the Jon Stewart show. But at a certain point someone made a decision to be leftwing centered 90% of the time and only take kid gloves half jabs at the left. Obama in particular has been handled like he's a saint, when he's actually created the most amount of debt we have to pay back in the history of the USA. (blame bush for 10 years being these shows mantra).
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

BTW, you guys should see the segments they (especially Stewart) have been doing about gun control, and the NRA. It's pretty brutal in the way he is exposing their hypocrisy and the implications of what they are actually saying.

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Have you ever seen O'reilly criticize any republican? Haha, no matter how stupid that republican is, he defends him with all he has.
    Yes I have, many times and quite regularly.

He at least allows a counterpoint to exist, the left's idea of a counterpoint is a patsie surrounded by 3 lefties attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Being a comedian doesn't mean you're not telling the truth. The best comedians actually have the truth at the center of what they are saying, and it's theirt ability to put that truth into perspective that makes them funny.

What these guys do is expose the truth but in a way that is amusing. Typically they point out and mock the ridiculous and hypocriticial things that politicians (and others) are doing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 03:47 PM ----------

People should watch Jon Stewart's interview on Fox News. Very informative and gives perspective on what he actually does (stuff about him starts more at 7 mins in).

Probably one of my favorite videos on the internet.
    Its funny how stiff the fox guy is, trying to attack Jon, and has nothing to say, when Jon counters him. Basically hes trying to troll Jon, and Jon is just trolling back, 10000% better. I love it, so much.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 05:16 PM ----------

Stewart was funny at first on the Daily show and even the Jon Stewart show. But at a certain point someone made a decision to be leftwing centered 90% of the time and only take kid gloves half jabs at the left. Obama in particular has been handled like he's a saint, when he's actually created the most amount of debt we have to pay back in the history of the USA. (blame bush for 10 years being these shows mantra).
    5 years Obama can't repair 10 years Bush, no chance.

Also with a Republican House, Obama can't do shit anyhow, so really Obama isnt doing anything, the Republican Party still has the power, so blame them for the 10 years Bush, and also partially for the 5 years Obama. See?
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    BTW, you guys should see the segments they (especially Stewart) have been doing about gun control, and the NRA. It's pretty brutal in the way he is exposing their hypocrisy and the implications of what they are actually saying.
    Yeah the ATF segment a couple days ago was pretty fantastic.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

You're right, he totally lets a counterpoint to his view exist.
    Boy that's proof for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    I went to Al-Jazeera recently and it was a funny place. The entire front page was stories about Muslims killing other Muslims (Syria/Pakistan/Mali) but every opinion piece was just an anti-American rant yet somehow people call this great journalism? Yeah makes sense.

The only news I can stand is the BBC as even though they are biased and even sensationalist they are the most tolerable out of what we have.
    Um... complete lies.

I have their page open right now and I see world news. It so happens that Algerian whackos attacked a BP facility and took hostages.

If you want American news click the "Americas" link.

Reading an entire page is your friend. They're a critically acclaimed and award-winning news network... and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

You're right, he totally lets a counterpoint to his view exist.
    Yep, thats Oreilly, I dont see how Jon Stewart attacks other people? Jon even goes to Oreilly and the other fox guys, to let himself be interviewed. He owns them everytime, IN THEIR STUDIO.
    I want to see Oreilly at the Daily Show (no idea if hes been there), that would be one tragic event, maybe even the end of Oreilly.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, thats Oreilly, I dont see how Jon Stewart attacks other people? Jon even goes to Oreilly and the other fox guys, to let himself be interviewed. He owns them everytime, IN THEIR STUDIO.
    I want to see Oreilly at the Daily Show (no idea if hes been there), that would be one tragic event, maybe even the end of Oreilly.
    O'Reilly has been on the Daily Show several times, and they even held a debate on internet stream. I'm pretty sure Stewart and O'Reilly are actually friends.

Oreilly has done the daily show dozens of times.

Boy that's proof for sure.
    Ofc it is???? How is it not. rofl
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

10+ Year Old Account
    O'reilly has been on the Daily Show several times. They're usually very friendly on Stewart's show.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    O'Reilly has been on the Daily Show several times, and they even held a debate on internet stream. I'm pretty sure Stewart and O'Reilly are actually friends.
    Yeah the Rumble 2012, Oreilly also pretty much got taken apart.
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Love Steven Colbert, Strangers With Candy is one of the greatest TV comedies ever made.
    quoted for truth

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-18 at 05:18 PM.