Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Let me fly at lvl 85 already

I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.

Deleted
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?

Well who is forcing ("everyone" - 1) to use flying mounts if they like ground?

And yes it's unbelievable because I can find you threads from those times from plenty of people who were fed up with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not everyone. Some people haven't experienced certain areas or are fed up with the stories yet.

They'll adjust it when it is prudent, but i'm of the opinion it isn't yet.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs
    Do you understand the difference between being non-aggressive and willfully starving to death? Theres a difference between farming for most of your crops and defending yourself against invasive animals and monsters.

That said, leveling is faster after the first character, hell 85-90 takes far far less time than 75-80 does even now. Just quest, its quick and makes you a ton of gold. Your taking the time to whine and complain here is an ENTIRE LEVEL you could have had by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I like not being able to fly - Flying is boring.

I don't remember a single person saying they loved ground till 77, TBC is a totally different story considering nobody was used to flying at all until they got it.

I'm a little lost on how flying = being bored by the story. When I have leveled there is very little if anything to see that you don't see while doing the quests anyway.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2013-01-18 at 04:21 PM.

I'll have to agree, I want flying on Pandaria at level 85 already. It was amazing to experience the continent on ground the first time you arrive, but after leveling your 2nd alt it is just tiresome.

You already know the zones, its boring to do them a 3rd time. Atleast in WotLK, I had a lot of choices to quest where I wanted. You could go Borean > Dragonblight > Zul'drak > Storm Peaks, or even Howling Ford > Grizzly Hills > Sholazar > Icecrown.

Having no flying mounts is what is holding me from leveling further to 90 :S

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can still take Flightpoints?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    In tbc was like that and everyone claims they loved it ... unbelieavable right ?

In wotlk was like that till 77 and everyone claims they loved it .. unbelieavable right ?
    This, and I love it once again, leveling does indeed take some time in this expansion and yes I know it's annoying to level up alts and stuff like that. But it's just what people deserve! "TBC was awesome blabla we want it back" sure tbc was fun, so was wotlk, but sometimes you have to leave memories for what they are. but nooo people asked blizzard to make something similar, and while a minor group disagreed the vast majority did. This is the result, and this is what you should deal with as your punishment.

Deleted
    I agree the forced level path is annoying (I much prefered the choice zones we got in WOTLK and CATA). Having to do Jade forest again for the 4th time is preventing me levelling anymore alts. I disagree and prefer no flight till 90 though.

Why do I even bother posting on these forums you people are masochists.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Do you understand the difference between being non-aggressive and willfully starving to death? .
    It doesn't really make any sense when it comes to the Yaungol, who the Pandarens seems to be pursuing a genocidal war against. I like how there is this whole storyline about how the serpent's spine is in place to hold back the Yaungol/Mantid, and then you go to Townlong Steppes and you run into the Shado Pan who are doing, guess what, massacring the Yaungol.

Im starting to think that the Pandas are actually worse than the Mogu
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Why do I even bother posting on these forums you people are masochists.
    :P With your post history you seem to enjoy the pain and lavish in WoW hate (why you still play it is still beyond me).

Anyway, this is probably the only time I'd agree with you. I like leveling alts but I'm discouraged to level more without either BoA gear or flying. I've seen everything there is to see 5x already, now it's about getting to cap and enjoying what there is to do in the endgame. If people don't want to fly, they don't have to. If they can't help themselves but to do something they don't like that's more of a personal issue.

Are you saying you should just have easy mode for levelling your alts?

Alts are full characters as well man......so travel the full path.

And yes, you can go down many differen't levelling paths in Panderia - have a look at the map for options.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if in 5.2 or 5.3 Blizz introduces a BoA book that teaches any single character on your account Wisdom of the Four Winds at level 85.

Just like the Tomb of Cold Weather Flying in Wrath.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I like not being able to fly - Flying is boring.
    You do realize you can still use your ground mounts regardless if flying is aloud?

15+ Year Old Account
    Being at my 6th character in Pandaria now I'd also be happy about flight from the beginning. Make it like WotLK where you'd have to buy a BoA book that's only available for max-level characters. Or make it cost a shitton of money.

And yes you can change around the zones after you've reached 86/87 but after a while you've seen it all. I

I'd rather have seen more leveling dungeons so I could skip questing altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Over It View Post
    Are you saying you should just have easy mode for levelling your alts?
    HOW is flying "easy mode". I paid over 12000g so far to use my flying mount across all the continents of Warcraft, which at the time was not chump change.

Flying mounts are something I worked for at the time when it came out and later when they made us pay even more. There's nothing EASY about how I acquired the RIGHT to use my mount.