Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    By that logic, any part of Illidan's loot table is as legendary as the glaives.
    It was truly epic getting to illidan alone. It was legendary to see orange pixels drop off him once in a while

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    But you can't answer one simple question.

Since when has the item quality determined how rare it was?
    Vanilla and TBC would have something to say about that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Those attunements were removed and then the content was nerfed. A lot of people ended up with the legendary slot machine that was Illidan while TBC was still current.
    The attunements were removed about 4 months before WoTLK. The raids were nerfed with patch 3.0, 1 month before WotLK. Yeah they had a month to get a legendary item that would be out dated, and worthless one month later.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:32 PM ----------

New question:

Should legendary items color change from orange to purple by the end of the expansion? Indicating that the legendary side of them is not so legendary (but still epic) anymore because they will be obsolete when the new expansion ships?

Jaylock, I respect your post and in some respects I agree with you. However, the WOW you know and I know is long dead. Do I still occassionally enjoy WoW? Yes, but as far as having that legendary feel, nothing in game has that anymore. It has all been watered down and made easier every expansion. Yea they said they wouldnt include legendaries in LFR, but we all knew LFR was a slippery slope and it will only slide further down from here. I don't mind so much because I hardly play anymore and my time with WoW is more or less done, but the days when only the top raiders had the best gear and legendaries were just that (legendary and super rare) are over and now it's the age of entitlement and everyone getting everything with little effort. Some people enjoy that style of game, some people prefer the more hardcore (I know i do) but it is what it is Jaylock.

Ignore the trolls and haters bashing you, you are right to question the feel of the legendary but you must come to grips with the fact that it is the direction the game is taking and doors will continue to open to the lesser skilled/time involved player while minimilizing the reward to effort for top end players. It started with the combination of 10/25's and from ther LFR was the slippery slope that will make it impossible to turn back from. Either embrace the new direction of the game or move on like many of older wow players have, but nostalgically hoping WoW returns to it's glory days won't happen. Legendaries will only become more common going forward, this is just the beginning. Soon it will be... "We will never sell legendaries on the blizz store..". Enjoy the post though, keep up the good well thought out discussions Jaylock and ignore the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Time sinks? are you serious? So you basically want legendaries to be passed out on silver platters to those willing to just twiddle their thumbs facerolling LFR.

The difference between the "legendary" in Mop and in times before is you had to pass Legendary obstacles. I wont re explain what they were in TBC as they are in my post on page 19, but if you cant understand that, then im afraid you never will Xeraxis.
    Yes the dreaded calendar the worst Legendary obstacle there has ever been. However shall we defend Azeroth from its terrible blight of extending the days.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    Oh look Jaylock is crying about something again
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    They hand everything else out to players these days, it was only a matter of time before that included legendaries.
    If the opinion is that Blizzard wants to give OP items to under geared/under skilled players. That gives me an idea to go with my suggestion earlier in this thread. Going forward change legendaries to artifacts, and make their icon color pink. That way they will be like paladins. Everyone has one. And it's not hard to be good with it due to their OP nature
    (Seriously though. Love ya Pally players)
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    legendary stands for its powerlevel, not the rarity.
    same goes for epic items, wich are as common as white trashdrops
    Argueably more common than white trash drops, given that there's lots of grey trash drops, and lots of green trash drops, but I can't think of any white trash drops, besides cloth. :P
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    By that logic, any part of Illidan's loot table is as legendary as the glaives.
    And in every sense except text color, they were.

I was impressed by people who took down Illidant while he was current. Getting the Glaives was just RNG, no more impressive than getting anything else he drops.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What do they have to say and where is it written? Or said for that matter.

They never downgraded gear as they changed how people could acquire that gear. And there were quite a few instances of epic gear being added that didn't require raiding. So you're going to need to try again with a real answer instead of pointing at something that doesn't even prove your point.

The attunements were removed about 4 months before WoTLK. The raids were nerfed with patch 3.0, 1 month before WotLK. Yeah they had a month to get a legendary item that would be out dated, and worthless one month later.
    Patch 2.4 was about 7 months before WotLK with one month of the 30% nerf. That meant a lot of people had access to Illidan for over half a year before WotLK came out. And Patch 2.4 introduced more Badge of Justice gear that made older content easier to run.

Should legendary items color change from orange to purple by the end of the expansion? Indicating that the legendary side of them is not so legendary (but still epic) anymore because they will be obsolete when the new expansion ships?
    Irrelevant question. Color is not an indicator of quality. Therefore it doesn't matter how common it becomes later on as content gets easier.

Yea... because glaives in TBC were greens, get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see how an orange rather than purple text can annoy you. I'd find it more annyoing if the colour shifted as it pleased like you proposed here, but just because it'd be confusing.

Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    So what youre saying is. If ANYONE can get a Legendary, its common? Well then, youre saying that EVERY legendary is a common, because anyone can get a legendary easily. It just takes time and a lot of farming of one raid to even obtain it. Yes, classes are restricted to some legendarys, not everyone can use them. But ANYONE can get it. If you put the time and effort into trying to obtain one, youll eventually get one. That is what youre saying is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Please don't post just to argue with or bash the OP. Please post constructively and on-topic to the thread.
    Just how long are you "mods" going to protect this little troll?
    Who's dick do i have to suck to get away with the shit he does on a daily basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Given the topic, posting without arguing with the OP would be equivalent to posting off-topic, so this would be impossible to follow.
    So what exactly do you want us to do that couldn't be done easier with a thread lock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given the topic, posting without arguing with the OP would be equivalent to posting off-topic, so this would be impossible to follow.
    So what exactly do you want us to do that couldn't be done easier with a thread lock?
    To clarify, Rivellana means arguing about the OP.

You are absolutely free to debate with the OP or anyone else in the thread within the confines of the forum rules. What users are not free to do is make posts simply to bash other posters for their reputation rather than the content of particular posts.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Ok, that makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To clarify, Rivellana means arguing about the OP.

You are absolutely free to debate with the OP or anyone else in the thread within the confines of the forum rules. What users are not free to do is make posts simply to bash other posters for their reputation rather than the content of particular posts.
    As Tziva stated, I mean don't post just to argue with him about his right to post or the fact that he is posting.

I also strongly differentiate the definitions of the words "argue" and "debate" or "discuss" when it comes to these forums. I see debating/discussing as the reasons the forums are here, for people to share and agree/refute opinions. I see "arguing" as inflammatory remarks, insults and fighting.

Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    Because the actual meaning of legendary isn't based off rarity. It's based off lore. My character and your character are the SAME person as far as lore is concerned. We are all "The Hero," in Warcraft. This means that we all have the same chance at obtaining a legendary weapon as the next person, or at least we should. If I have Shadowmourne and someone else in my raid has Shadowmourne, as far as lore is concerned, they are both the same Shadowmourne, and not two individuals weapons, and me and the guy wielding that shadowmourne as the same character. In lore, there is only ONE Shadowmourne, just like in lore there is only one set of Illidan's warglaives. THAT is what makes the weapon legendary. It's the only one in existence.

So unless you're suggesting we only allow one person in the world to obtain a legendary, you really need to stop complaining about the rarity of a legendary when the only thing that makes it legendary in the first place is the lore behind it and the fact that there only actually exists one of that item as far as the lore is concerned.

What this boils down to is, you wanna be a special snowflake (hate using this argument but it is in fact true) and can't handle that legendaries don't have to be obtainable only by the top 10% of players or guilds. Very few people are going to remember you for a video game anyway. You're searching for fame and/or acknowledgement in the wrong place, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Because the actual meaning of legendary isn't based off rarity. It's based off lore. My character and your character are the SAME person as far as lore is concerned. We are all "The Hero," in Warcraft. This means that we all have the same chance at obtaining a legendary weapon as the next person, or at least we should. If I have Shadowmourne and someone else in my raid has Shadowmourne, as far as lore is concerned, they are both the same Shadowmourne, and not two individuals weapons, and me and the guy wielding that shadowmourne as the same character. In lore, there is only ONE Shadowmourne, just like in lore there is only one set of Illidan's warglaives. THAT is what makes the weapon legendary. It's the only one in existence.

So unless you're suggesting we only allow one person in the world to obtain a legendary, you really need to stop complaining about the rarity of a legendary when the only thing that makes it legendary in the first place is the lore behind it and the fact that there only actually exists one of that item as far as the lore is concerned.

What this boils down to is, you wanna be a special snowflake (hate using this argument but it is in fact true) and can't handle that legendaries don't have to be obtainable only by the top 10% of players or guilds. Very few people are going to remember you for a video game anyway. You're searching for fame and/or acknowledgement in the wrong place, my friend.
    Your whole argument is complete crap because repeatedly the lore characters in the game refer to player characters as "Heros" Not Hero, not singular, PLURAL. Meaning, more than one hero can get their hands on the same legendary weapon.

Can we agree that the "Legendary" in this expansion is just not very legendary? Its just really common because even a cave man can get one. A legendary item should be difficult to obtain. "its legend preceeds itself" It should be very cool lore wise, i agree. But it should be difficult to obtain, and only a few should ever obtain a legendary while it is relevant content.

As for your comment about being a "special snowflake," why shouldn't people who do extraordinary things be rewarded accordingly? Legendary weapons are supposed to be the best items in the game, so why should they be given to people who don't do extraordinary things to obtain them?

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    Yea... because glaives in TBC were greens, get real.
    You failed to read the thread. I am not talking about TBC warglaives, im talking about current expansion "legendary" items.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-01-18 at 08:20 PM.