Poll: Is it cool that the factions gain new things from raids?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In case you haven't noticed players have been doing this for years - every time a new expansion comes out some classes gain abilities from previous raid bosses. It's only logical that characters would do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Is it just me or does that trolls face look very goblinish?

As to the OP I think its an interesting idea, and look forward to seeing how it goes! So far really loving the storylines of MOP
    He does look kinda goblinish but he's Jin'rokh the breaker, he's a zandalar berserker that was on Yojamba isle in Vanilla.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina gets a lightning infused dildo and blood elves get more robots. Wunderbar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stated this in another thread but it is worth re-mentioning that I would love to see what the Blood Elves plunder from the Isle of the Thunder King and through the Reliquary to rebuild Quel'thalas. And later we would see an updated Eversong, Ghostlands and Silvermoon City restored through all the power and resources the Blood Elves have collected over time.

By the way, Taoshi from Shado-pan says to both of them that it's a very bad idea to use Mogu artifacts and they should just destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    By the way, Taoshi from Shado-pan says to both of them that it's a very bad idea to use Mogu artifacts and they should just destroy it.
    Screw the pandaren they haven't had to deal with demons, the scourge, and the black dragonflight for the past decade.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Fair point, though I think you're being a tad narrowminded, what a faction 'takes away' from the raid may not be something possessed by the enemy they're taking down, so much as something they -develop- in order to take him down, for example a new sort of alliance construct or weapon designed to get them through Org's fancy new metal and such.

Sidenote: Am I the only one hoping Lor'themar reverse engineers enough of the blood stuff to make suped-up blood elves and such?
    That's a one way ticket for a really crappy linear dragon ball esque story line where "power" is a meaningless thing and just goes up and up and up until we get super saiyan 9 Gogeta nonsense. Levels in warcraft are a game mechanic only, they have not business in lore so the Lich King was far more powerful than a random BWD boss but in game that doesn't hold up. In lore raid bosses aren't taken down because they possess artifacts to make each faction stronger they die because they pose a significant threat to the world and need killing.

We the players get loot and powerful items only to give us a reason to go in play the thing and keep the whole loot orientated game play of WoW going. It's a race to save the world not get high on "power" til our eyes turn blue, our hair burst into flame and we shit lightning. Factions getting artifacts of power has it's place especially with an antagonist such as Lei Shen but I'd have raids stay as bastions of evil rather than treasure island extreme "well what glowing shit is in here to get one over the horde this time lads?"

Jaina doesn't need powerups she should be executed for genocide.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad. Not bad.

Though I hope Blizz isn't going to have the BElves abuse this like every other nice thing they got.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    In case you haven't noticed players have been doing this for years - every time a new expansion comes out some classes gain abilities from previous raid bosses. It's only logical that characters would do it too.
    I am really curious how this Blood stuff will be applied to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    That's a one way ticket for a really crappy linear dragon ball esque story line where "power" is a meaningless thing and just goes up and up and up until we get super saiyan 9 Gogeta nonsense. Levels in warcraft are a game mechanic only, they have not business in lore so the Lich King was far more powerful than a random BWD boss but in game that doesn't hold up. In lore raid bosses aren't taken down because they possess artifacts to make each faction stronger they die because they pose a significant threat to the world and need killing.

We the players get loot and powerful items only to give us a reason to go in play the thing and keep the whole loot orientated game play of WoW going. It's a race to save the world not get high on "power" til our eyes turn blue, our hair burst into flame and we shit lightning. Factions getting artifacts of power has it's place especially with an antagonist such as Lei Shen but I'd have raids stay as bastions of evil rather than treasure island extreme "well what glowing shit is in here to get one over the horde this time lads?"
    I'm not sure where the hell you got the idea I was talking about levels?

I was talking about -maybe- an aesthetic item like the firelands locket (Is that still broken?) Or a racial change similar to how dwarves flicker a bit with stoneform.

You seem real eager to jump down people's throats, you okay?

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am really curious how this Blood stuff will be applied to classes.
    Probably a warlock glyph that let's you summon blood golems and fleshshaped creatures or something to that effect.

Maybe one that'll turn certain spells into 'blood' versions aesthetically.
    Twas brillig