Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This feels more like a hotfix than a real rift patch...
    No dendrome, no PA t3, nothing new at all :/

So far, nothing major that's new in the official notes, but there's a good chance we'll see some content thrown in pretty soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow is starting to kick their ass in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    We don't have full patch notes yet.

Not to mention WoW had 9 months of uninterrupted development time to store up content for MoP. Trion continued live development (though at a slightly reduced pace) during the development of SL.

So the comparisons aren't really that great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    We don't have full patch notes yet.

Not to mention WoW had 9 months of uninterrupted development time to store up content for MoP. Trion continued live development (though at a slightly reduced pace) during the development of SL.

So the comparisons aren't really that great right now.

Yep maybe if a year from now you can say WoW has patched more content into MoP then Rift has in SL, then maybe people can claim WoW is kicking their ass in content. But right now no. I do suspect though that with all the layoffs Rifts content updates wonlt be as frequent/big but I still think they will update at a decent rate. I am hoping we will see more patch notes soon though andwill get to see what the actual content will be. From what I have read I suspect tier 3 PA new CQ map and new ten man. I was hoping to see Dendrome too but not surprised we are not considering they said there would be an event. I guess it is possible we may see part of of the event to open it though.

This is more than likely not the full patch notes, just what they have currently available for testing on the PTS. As they add more of 2.2 to the PTS, the patch notes will get bigger. I am doubting these are anywhere near the full 2.2 Patch Notes, it's jsut what they have ready to start testing currently and more will get added next week.

Deleted
    These are very early notes. The primary reason that this was published to PTS was to beat on the fixes for the "double dipping problem" that was affecting a number of callings.

The changes to those callings if everything checks out are not going to wait until 2.2 to be put live.

Daglar
    Lead Game Designer: Rift
    I take back my earlier statement. This still has the potential to be a great patch!

Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    I take back my earlier statement. This still has the potential to be a great patch!
    Welp, that changes things entirely >.>

For further easing of peoples minds, those notes are not anywhere near full 2.2 notes.

Confirmed that PA3 is coming:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    The current plan is still to release it with 2.2.

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4124969

And more info from Daglar about it not baing full:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    So the current build that is up on PTS sure it has some 2.2 stuff in it - but it isn't 2.2. I asked for that build to be published extra early due to fixes for the "double dip" problem.

A bunch of the class changes on PTS are not going to wait for 2.2 - that's why we need players helping beat on those and make sure that the issue is resolved. The sooner we are confident that the double dip problem is 100% fixed and that we didn't actually end up completely destroying the viability of warriors/chloros and others that were affected by the problem - the sooner those changes go to the live servers.

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4124979

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    This feels more like a hotfix than a real rift patch...
    No dendrome, no PA t3, nothing new at all :/
    Relax young padawan, soon you shall see the news of the new content. These are just the "teasers" to some of the upcoming changes and content.

I wouldn't be surprised if you maybe see a new 10-man raid. ^^

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Ah, your sense of humor is simply adorable.

Harmless sarcasm here, by the way.

Give it another week or so - you'll eat those words
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-21 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

These kind of replies from you are starting to become very predictable. Also, the amount of time you've spent thus far on your YouTube channel ranting about people's opinions on particular game animations (for instance), about supposed trolls and how deeply Blizzard has betrayed you is simply adorable, too.

You pretend like it doesn't affect you what people think of you (I think that's actually an exact quote of you in one of your videos ridden with bias), yet you spend more time on retorting than any normal person would. The irony really does tickle me.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with anything said in this thread with regards to the pace of development for either game. Just making an observation of something both "sides" are guilty of.
    Last edited by Rakael; 2013-01-21 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    These kind of replies from you are starting to become very predictable. Also, the amount of time you've spent thus far on your YouTube channel ranting about people's opinions on particular game animations (for instance), about supposed trolls and how deeply Blizzard has betrayed you is simply adorable, too.

You pretend like it doesn't affect you what people think of you (I think that's actually an exact quote of you in one of your videos ridden with bias), yet you spend more time on retorting than any normal person would. The irony really does tickle me.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with anything said in this thread with regards to the pace of development for either game. Just making an observation of something both "sides" are guilty of.
    While I somewhat agree with you, he has a point. WoW is not going to beat Rift in any way when it comes to amount of content put out. Just look at the approximate year Cata sat stale while MoP was in development. You think that isn't going to happen between MoP and the next expansion? Rift keeps on trucking, snd more than likely will continue to. So while the way he says it may be off putting to some, what he says has merit. However, it is also fostering game vs game discussion which is not allowed, so should probably stop this line on conversation and go back to discussing the actual patch itself.

I was gonna link a gif referencing Lost In Space (Danger Will Robinson), pointing out that this thread is veering into the game-vs-game topic that we really don't want to.

But I went to Google Image Search and typed in:

danger will robinson site:imgur.com

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    go back to discussing the actual patch itself.
    I think that part of the issue here is that this thread isn't quite properly named.

Trion already said that these PTS notes might end up just being a hotfix rather than 2.2 so its clearly going to throw people off.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that part of the issue here is that this thread isn't quite properly named.

Trion already said that these PTS notes might end up just being a hotfix rather than 2.2 so its clearly going to throw people off.
    Hmm, I must have missed the rule that says when a topic isn't quite properly named that it's ok to switch to game vs. game discussion.

/sarcasm off

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When do we get a new Conquest map or two? =/ I was hoping they could launch some with Storm Legion but now it is looking like none even a couple months into the expansion.

Frankly I would have thought they would launch some a couple months after Conquest's initial launch.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    When do we get a new Conquest map or two? =/ I was hoping they could launch some with Storm Legion but now it is looking like none even a couple months into the expansion.

Frankly I would have thought they would launch some a couple months after Conquest's initial launch.
    Would be nice, but considering PvP is a much smaller aspect of the game than PvE, I wouldn't expect it to be much of a priority : /

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Would be nice, but considering PvP is a much smaller aspect of the game than PvE, I wouldn't expect it to be much of a priority : /
    Just one. Lame that it shouldn't be too complicated, to be fair. I mean, take IPP/SS/ or almost any zone at their basic environmental levels, stick in the thingers, boom. I realize there's a few more steps, but they made two whole bloody new continents and city zone... surely making 1 or 2 maps into Conquest ones shouldn't be too tough?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

My guess is that Dendrome is the new CQ Map, or it will at least come at the same time as Dendrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Relax young padawan, soon you shall see the news of the new content. These are just the "teasers" to some of the upcoming changes and content.

I wouldn't be surprised if you maybe see a new 10-man raid. ^^

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:33 PM ----------

I've been watching Wow very closely because my wife plays Panda's and Blizzard has stood behind their claim to get content out faster. Their second content patch is almost out the door. Unfortunately if Rift doesn't release at least release a new dungeon, raid, conquest they will be behind. PA3 is an additional grind but if you're doing the same content it's not any more enjoyable than grinding PA1/2.

Trion capitalized on Cataclysm's lack of content (mainly because they re-designed 50+ zones) but now it's in their corner to get back at it.