Poll: Would you purchase a tome of panda land flying for 10k gold for each of your alts?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Flying Panda Land at 85 --> 10k gold

In light of the recent post about the QQ of not being able to fly panda land upon hitting 85, i thought i'd ask this question, and have a poll.

Would you purchase an herloom tome that allowed one of your alts to gain access to panda land flying at level 85 for 10k gold?

You could purchase as many of these as you wanted for each alt you wanted to level through panda land.

If you answer No, tell us how much you would spend on a tome of panda land flying.

Poll to follow:
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-01-18 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously not. 10k is nothing, but the leveling is easy enough. Don't want it to be completey boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    "panda land"

seriously...

I'd probably buy it because I'm lazy, but Pandaria is beautiful and walking lets you see it again like it was new.

No. I find leveling in Pandaria rather pleasant, not being able to fly is a minor speedbump. I spend most of my time on foot killing stuff directly adjacent to the quest givers anyway.

I'd spend 1000 gold on flying for an alt. Pandaria doesn't look good enough to justify the irritation of having to run around on the ground for 5 levels again. I'd argue it looks better from the air anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it 100k. Game needs more gold sinks.

10k might be a bit steep. I'd probably still buy it for at least a couple of alts though.
    They really need to introduce the option of flying mounts for alts in some way, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why 10k?
    If it's going to be one use per alt, people could be spending upwards of 100k just to fly... that's just silly.

Also... *Pandaria
    Just to keep it only for people who really want to not have to quest with a ground mount. You can still get to 90 the normal way, but it allows people who want to fly to do so at 85.

Deleted
    Why 10k?
    If it's going to be one use per alt, people could be spending upwards of 100k just to fly... that's just silly.
    Why not? Its quality of life thing. Luxury.
    If you want to fly leveling whole way 85-90 then you should pay more, 10k.

If youd buy it at 90 it should be cheaper. Its choice.
    More choices = seems good to me. Specially around these times when leveling is not the most important part even if you just started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Why not? Its quality of life thing. Luxury.
    If you want to fly leveling whole way 85-90 then you should pay more, 10k.

If youd buy it at 90 it should be cheaper. Its choice.
    More choices = seems good to me. Specially around these times when leveling is not the most important part even if you just started.
    This is exactly where i was headed.

Once you hit 90, its 2500g, a savings of 7500 gold. If you want to fly at 85, you pay up front gold of 10k, but you get the benefit of flight for 5 levels you otherwise would have to ground mount it.

Shit, do it as a BoA piece even, so you only buy it once and all alts can fly at 85.
    I don't need to be 'forced' to walk/run to "appreciate" the zones. I don't understand this "kill the flying mount" craze minority that suddenly got way too vocal the last few months.
    Last edited by wooootles; 2013-01-18 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The drawback there would be that not everyone has 10k even if they want to get flying. As easy as gold is to come by these days, a lot of people really don't have it.
    Your point? Not everyone has gold to spend on the BMAH, but its still available and there for people who do and want the luxury of not having to farm for weeks / years to get ashes of alar (just to use an example).

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Shit, do it as a BoA piece even, so you only buy it once and all alts can fly at 85.

I don't need to be 'forced' to walk/run to "appreciate" the zones. I don't understand this "kill the flying mount" craze minority that suddenly got way too vocal the last few months.
    No, it would be on a per alt basis, not some account wide thing. If you want to fly on xyz character before you are supposed to, you have to pay for it.

No, it would be on a per alt basis, not some account wide thing. If you want to fly on xyz character before you are supposed to, you have to pay for it.
    I'd do it anyways, because I'm not an 'altoholic' and only have 1 serious alt at 85, and even then I can afford this luxury, 10k is easy money these days and I ant even rich

I haven't played in 8-9 months but if it meant I could pay 10k and go there and grief yes yes I would.

If it's 10k per alt, I wouldn't waste 10k gold to fly. It's not worth the waste of gold considering leveling is fairly quick. Now if it was say 10k for the 1 tomb that allowed every character on that account to fly at 85 I might do it. I don't care how easy 10k is to get, I'm like scrooge with my gold and not wasting it on anything. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more likely to buy it at 5k, but I do think 10k is a good price. Maybe it can be found on the BMAH.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    10k is nothing if you have like 1-3 alts but what about those who are altoholics? just look at my sig. if all my toons were still 85 (cept one) then thats 100k. eff that noise. even now, 60k is an annoyance on my realm. not a big annoyance, but enough to make me sigh.

lol at people getting mad.

ITS PANDARIA THE ANCIENT HOMELAND OF THE PANDAREN LEARN 2 LORE.

Please nerd rage harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was exactly that.
    You said to make it 10k to keep it for people that really want to fly for those 5 levels. It could be the one thing someone wants the most in the game but, if they don't have the 10k, they get nothing.

I don't see how it's so different to flying at 90 in all honesty. You're just penalizing someone for wanting to use their mounts.
    Would just be easier to go the Wrath route and give flying at 77 or 78 instead really.
    Wow, you just took a feature that gives players an early level advantage of flying at 85, and you spun it into an unfair advantage. I mean, seriously? So what if you dont have 10k at level 85 to buy for your alt, you can still level the normal way. The way that is there and always be there is STILL THERE. It just gives players who can afford it, and wants to spend the 10k a perk for doing so.

Its not penalizing anyone, in fact its rewarding them. Get real man.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    If it's 10k per alt, I wouldn't waste 10k gold to fly. It's not worth the waste of gold considering leveling is fairly quick. Now if it was say 10k for the 1 tomb that allowed every character on that account to fly at 85 I might do it. I don't care how easy 10k is to get, I'm like scrooge with my gold and not wasting it on anything. >.<
    Thats cool for you, and its perfectly acceptable. However for other people willing to purchase it for each character, they certainly would like the opportunity to do so.

More choices is not a bad thing.