Hello I need help with a macro.
    I want
    #showtooltip Innervate
    /cast [target=mouseover] Innervate

to whisper my mouse over traget
    Code:
    #showtooltip Innervate
    /cast [target=mouseover] Innervate
    /run SendChatMessage("Innervate on you","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("mouseover"))

Howdy folks,

I'm looking for a macro that can swap between farclip settings. When I'm outside instances, I can easily run my view distance all the way up, however inside instances, anything other than a low view distance makes things feel laggy. So far I've been changing the setting through the menu, but that's getting old. I know I could create individual macros for each setting, but that's a total waste of macro and bar space, and I don't want to run an addon to manage a single setting.

So, anyone have anything that can swap between low and high farclip in one macro, either a toggle, or right/left click/modifier?

Quote Originally Posted by ibnalail View Post
    Howdy folks,

I'm looking for a macro that can swap between farclip settings. When I'm outside instances, I can easily run my view distance all the way up, however inside instances, anything other than a low view distance makes things feel laggy. So far I've been changing the setting through the menu, but that's getting old. I know I could create individual macros for each setting, but that's a total waste of macro and bar space, and I don't want to run an addon to manage a single setting.

So, anyone have anything that can swap between low and high farclip in one macro, either a toggle, or right/left click/modifier?
    This is a simple rewrite of my zoom distance changer macro:
    Code:
    /run local x=1600 if GetRunningMacroButton()="RightButton" then x=400 end SetCVar("farclip", x)
    Click with left mouse button for farclip 1600, right mouse button click for 400, adjust numbers as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    This is a simple rewrite of my zoom distance changer macro:
    Code:
    /run local x=1600 if GetRunningMacroButton()="RightButton" then x=400 end SetCVar("farclip", x)
    Click with left mouse button for farclip 1600, right mouse button click for 400, adjust numbers as needed.
    Wonderful, thank you very much! I got an error at first, it seems it was missing an "=". I added it in as below and it works perfectly!

Code:
    /run local x=1600 if GetRunningMacroButton()=="RightButton" then x=400 end SetCVar("farclip", x)
    Last edited by ibnalail; 2013-01-21 at 08:40 AM. Reason: English fail

I couldn't find it within a few pages, but is there a way to make a cast sequence show tooltips for both abilities used?

IE (if this doesn't paste as code, I'm so sorry)
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Ascendance, Stormlash Totem
    It shows the tooltip for Ascendance, but not for stormlash. Also, using this as an example again, how would I make this and other macros avoid use outside of combat. Thanks in advance.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    For the second question, add:
    Code:
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    (before the /castsequence, but after the #showtooltip).

Deleted
    I'm looking for a macro that will summon my companion pet, "Disgusting Oozeling" and then mount in 1 click.

What I've tried so far is;

/use Disgusting Oozeling
    /cast Venomhide Ravasaur

This did however, not work...

EDIT; If possible, make it so that you unsummon the pet when I press my macro again to dismount. This is not a must, tho.
    Last edited by mmoc351408c12a; 2013-01-23 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that will summon my companion pet, "Disgusting Oozeling" and then mount in 1 click.

/use Disgusting Oozeling
    /cast Venomhide Ravasaur

EDIT; If possible, make it so that you unsummon the pet when I press my macro again to dismount. This is not a must, tho.
    I think you want something like
    /castsequence Disgusting Oozeling, [nomounted] Venomhide Ravasaur This requires 2 clicks, and I'm not sure about getting the dismiss and dismount into one, but might work with
    /castsequence dismount [mounted], dismiss Disgusting Oozeling
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Hi,

I'm trying to fix my Heal / Flash Heal / Smite Macro.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, @mouseover,help] Heal;[mod:shift, @mouseover,help] Flash Heal;[nomod, @mouseover, harm][@target, harm]Smite

This works fine but I would like to add the ability to cast heal/flash heal on my current friendly target as well as cast those heals on myself when I have no target selected. Right now I can only get the mouseover to function on the heals. The smite does work correctly. I have auto self cast enabled as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenjack View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to fix my Heal / Flash Heal / Smite Macro.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Give this a whirl,

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,help][mod:shift]Flash Heal;[@mouseover,harm][harm]Smite;[@mouseover,help][]Heal
    Last edited by lawomous; 2013-01-23 at 07:13 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks a bunch lawomous, It works perfectly

15+ Year Old Account
    Lookin for something if y'all are willing to oblige. I want a macro that I click it and it says (in party/raid/instance whichever is applicable)

Hello and welcome to (Insert Instance Here)! My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.

It's the "insert instance here" part that I don't know how to do outside of making a different one for each instance
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Lookin for something if y'all are willing to oblige. I want a macro that I click it and it says (in party/raid/instance whichever is applicable)

Hello and welcome to (Insert Instance Here)! My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.

It's the "insert instance here" part that I don't know how to do outside of making a different one for each instance
    Try....

Code:
    /script message = string.format("Hello and welcome to %s!  My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.", GetZoneText())
    /script SendChatMessage(message, "PARTY", "Common", "");

Might be a simpler way to do it, might be completely wrong.... but give it a shot. Actually this will only go to party chat, don't have time to expand upon it atm though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Try....

Code:
    /script message = string.format("Hello and welcome to %s!  My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.", GetZoneText())
    /script SendChatMessage(message, "PARTY", "Common", "");

Might be a simpler way to do it, might be completely wrong.... but give it a shot. Actually this will only go to party chat, don't have time to expand upon it atm though.
    Will try. I think lfr and instances auto correct party to instance, and thats probably all i'll do on my tank

Does not work
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-24 at 11:31 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

/script message = string.format("Hello and welcome to %s! My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.", GetZoneText())
    /script SendChatMessage(message, "WHISPER", "Common", "Spirál");

I just tested this in shrine, the same macro except it just whispers to myself instead.

[06:42] [Spirál]: Hello and welcome to Shrine of Seven Stars! My name is Brolex and I'll be your tank this evening.
    Try changing "PARTY" in the original macro to "INSTANCE" or "RAID".

Deleted
    Code:
    /run local c=(IsPartyLFG("player")and "INSTANCE_CHAT"or IsInRaid()and "RAID"or IsInParty()and "PARTY")if c then SendChatMessage(("Hello and welcome to %s! My name is %s and I'll be your tank this evening."):format(GetZoneText(),(UnitName("player"))),c)end

There you go, an answer from an expert with a much more versatile and clean solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I think you want something like
    /castsequence Disgusting Oozeling, [nomounted] Venomhide Ravasaur This requires 2 clicks, and I'm not sure about getting the dismiss and dismount into one, but might work with
    /castsequence dismount [mounted], dismiss Disgusting Oozeling
    I'm sorry, but that didnt work at all. It simply mounted my raptor. Nothing else.

Anyone else, help please?

Original post:

/use Disgusting Oozeling
    /cast Venomhide Ravasaur

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    I'm sorry, but that didnt work at all. It simply mounted my raptor. Nothing else.

Anyone else, help please?

Original post:

/use Disgusting Oozeling
    /cast Venomhide Ravasaur

Tried out a couple of things, and I think I found a way.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount
    /click BT4Button119
    /use Venomhide Ravasaur
    This macro worked for me, but to make it work I had to put the companion I wanted on one of my Action Bars. I then used /fstack and moused over the button where I placed my companion and then added that to my macro with /click.

Just replace the line that says "/click BT4Button119" with whatever you get from /fstack.