Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    While them just being for the character creation screen makes a bit of sense, then why do they also have icons?

Remember last week when GC said in a tweet that a handful of the stuff datamined from 5.2 wasn't actually going live in this patch? I'm guessing these all into that category. The selection so far is strange. Outside of a couple of them, they don't seem to relate to the "signature" race/class combos, and of course there's a lot of stuff missing. No one handed sword? No shield?

I suspect that these are either something that will end up being trivial, like npc weapons, and won't be obtainable by players... OR, they're going to be related to later content that focuses more heavily on Horde Vs Alliance (where a strong racial theme makes excellent sense), possibly even the final raid tier. Though I hope we don't have to wait that long. My honest hope is that they have something for every race/class combo eventually, though that seems unlikely just due to redundancy, unless... Actually they could very well just be for transmog purposes, not actual weapons with stats. Yes, this is the theory I'm going with, I want this.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Remember last week when GC said in a tweet that a handful of the stuff datamined from 5.2 wasn't actually going live in this patch? I'm guessing these all into that category.
    I doubt that, these weapons have been worked on over several patches. In the first build they were just white, untextured and only about half of them had been added. In the most recent build they added more weapons, textured them all and added icons as well - you don't put continuing work into something you don't intend to complete soon.

I suspect that these are either something that will end up being trivial, like npc weapons, and won't be obtainable by players...
    I'll direct you to your own quote: "why would they have icons?" Blizzard don't make icons for NPC gear.

Actually they could very well just be for transmog purposes, not actual weapons with stats. Yes, this is the theory I'm going with, I want this.
    I find that the most likely, though who knows why they made them racial-themed...

Deleted
    The paladin mace is sick looking, love it. Thanks for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    An off-the-wall guess: Possible rewards for getting gold in dungeons that come with a new patch?

They may be too bland for some tastes though for something obtained through that manner, especially since the original armor sets were so intricate. I think it's far more likely they'll be crafted at the forge or they're part of the new character creation sets.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be willing to bet these are the weapons we can get after unlocking the Thunder Forge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    An off-the-wall guess: Possible rewards for getting gold in dungeons that come with a new patch?

They may be too bland for some tastes though for something obtained through that manner, especially since the original armor sets were so intricate. I think it's far more likely they'll be crafted at the forge or they're part of the new character creation sets.
    Off-the-wall indeed, as Blizz would have made a big deal about new 5-mans instead of saying "no new 5-mans in 5.2"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Dwarf with bow lol?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd be willing to bet these are the weapons we can get after unlocking the Thunder Forge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:43 PM ----------

Off-the-wall indeed, as Blizz would have made a big deal about new 5-mans instead of saying "no new 5-mans in 5.2"
    I remember the quote, just figuring since there's only a hand-full so far that the GC quote saying "Not everything data mined is going to be in 5.2" could also apply.

that 1h pally hammer looks so great for draenei! love it! and about the fist, i wish they make caster fist for shaman, like on naxx one. and make it visible while we're casting spell. how i long to see a runed-gauntlet caster weapon while casting my Lightning Bolt.

thanks for sharing OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little sad the human one is a staff. Should have been a one handed sword!

But man, these are amazing so far. Maybe the last one is goblin-ish?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

looks like weapons for character creation screen to me.

druid staff is cool lookin

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    think they are just for the char creation screen
    That would be my thinking as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    looks like weapons for character creation screen to me.
    Yeah, I just noticed it as well. The models are all wearing the creation screen gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They're wearing the character creation screen gear because that's the gear I chose to display on them in the model viewer...
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-19 at 05:13 AM.

They look pretty generic/plain if you ask me.

Deleted
    If it was character creation screen gear they'll presumably need to do a set for every race-class combo, that'd be an awful lot of work that could have been avoided by simply making class specific items, instead of race-class specific. That's without going into icons.

Hard to guess where they'll come from, I'd wager on them being transmog items - but there's so many possible sources, DMF, thunder forge, BMAH, all the other places we see vanity items come from.

I find it bizarre that they're putting so much work into them, it would be odd to not make one for every race-class combo now they've started, but the amount of work required would be quite hefty. IF every class and race ended up with one, I'd be curious as to if it ended up being tied to the legendary chain at some point. Considering how open the legendary chain has been currently, it would be an interesting way of making YOUR legendary unique - it would look completely different to the majority of your raid members, unless they happen to be both the same race and class. All baseless speculation ofcourse.

Interested to see where they take this.

The DK rune sword looks awesome! I want it!

looks like Argent Tournament-esqe types of stuff here.
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

think they are just for the char creation screen
    That is my guess as well.

Deleted
    Hope they're not for creation screen, some of them look pretty sick, and are exactly what I'd buy for transmog.