Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think so. What they should do is a bundle package for Faction & Realm changes. Other then that, the prices are fine individually.

Deleted
    it is not 25 bucks, it is the limited pay options. I use a lot of paypal (and i guess many other people too) and blizzard doesn't support paypal payments.

The moment they accept paypal they'll get 150 bucks richer for transfer + 50 bucks for race change

>>
    <<

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I have 12 characters spread across different realms. I agree it is overly expensive, but I don't play any more.
    Yup and with the game at almost 10 years old, many people are currently in this state and they are basically just going to quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    I'm sorry here, but $25 is really nothing.
    25 bucks is nothing thats true but when you can buy DLC thats like 10 times cheaper in other games it makes it look like buying it will make you homeless.

Im joking a bit, dont take this litterary.

If i could set up a price that i would accept if i could move all my characters from one server to another, it would be 30-35 bucks. And thats 9 characters.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-19 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    This is actually the exact reason I quit WoW and disbanded my raid team roughly a month ago.
    The server we had been playing on was literally dead for recruitment, advertising around the clock and nobody was inquiring, so we decided a server change would be the best idea.
    Well me and the other officers funded everything in the guild bank with our alts, so to keep resources in the guild we would have had to move multiple characters. One of the officers wanted to move all of his characters from the server because he has every prof spread across them, and it was going to cost him £120. I find that fucking ridiculous, a game we've been playing for 6 years paying monthly for (6 years @ £18 a quarter = Roughly £432, plus expansions along the way brings it up to £548, never mind how much money he and I have spent on other features of the game including moving characters before.) Well, when we realized how much money it was going to cost us we just decided it was money we could spent buying other games, and called it quits.

It's honestly ridiculous, they are overcharging for what is more than likely now an automated process.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post

It's called a "cool down" where you can only do it so many times a week/month.
    Hell even once a year for free would be awesome.

To OP - No, I did not leave because of transfer fees - but the whole time I played it was a thorn in my side that bothered me. Because I was somewhat newer to organized game playing when I started wow, it took me a year to realize I picked a shit ass server for end game type progression. I refused to pay anything to transfer off of a server that had no warning as I joined telling me how bad it was or how not-serious all the guilds on it would be.

So again, no OP I didn't leave wow because of server transfers fees - but it sure as hell is part of the reason I'll never be back.

P.S. I don't put memes on here anymore because I do not want to be banned, but there are many posts on this thread that are the epitome of the futurama - Fry "Shut up and take my money" meme.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-01-19 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    I will give you my reason why i refuse paying Blizzard for a transfer:

Ive been playing since early WoW and my server has always been alive. I quit the game for three months and started it again and suddenly, servers dead. I remember when my shity computer hacked a little at the beginning because i entered Orgrimmar, now its lagfree because theres nothing there. NOTHING. Entered the forums and i saw an old active thread about dead servers and Blizzard not giving a crap.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-19 at 12:36 PM.

I have most my chars on a server that is dead and generally sucks a fat one. The reason I don't resub is that I do not want to pay to transfer them someone decent

Eventually, when the subs go down, they will come up with something cheaper to keep people from quitting the game.

As I find any of these services to expensive, ideally, what I would like to see, is something like a free faction or race change on your server every 1-3 months or so. This would balance out the world much more. And although we have x-realm these days, Orgrimar or Stormwind can feel very sleepy on some servers. The only option now is to pay that 25$ or 20€. That feels a little much considering the amount of money people already payed for the game.

Another option could be that every x-months of payment gives you a credit towards a race/realm/faction change. Lets say every 6 months is worth 1 change a character.

A 3rd option could be making a realms major city Looking for Group chat visible for battlegroups, so everyone can easy join battlegrounds or low level raids.

So, everyone else paid to leave the server so you feel Blizzard should give you the same service for free?

Deleted
    It should be expencive to transfer characters! Otherwise servereconomies would be ruined by overexploiting faction transfering and server transfers, not to mention making it even easier to guildbounce. Either that or making them free but on a 6 month cooldown just to make sure people dont overuse it. I do agree that they could do a better job at trying to keep servers balanced though. But this is also in the hands of the players - problem is that the general public of players is way to egoistic and rather would be spoonfed than actually working their way up and making their own server attractive for others to join.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    So, everyone else paid to leave the server so you feel Blizzard should give you the same service for free?
    Blizzard had a free faction change to a more popular server i think because they had a lack of horde. I dont know wether this is true or not.

The $25 transfer fee is fine, what there needs to be is some sort of way to bulk transfer multiple characters at once for a discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Blizzard had a free faction change to a more popular server i think because they had a lack of horde..
    Well there you are, it is a good thing they have the $25 or it would happen everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Well there you are, it is a good thing they have the $25 or it would happen everywhere.
    Yeah i know that, i just want to transfer all my characters for a set price rather than wasting 25x9 for them all.

Plus its Blizzards fault for doing this. They should only use the free server change if they want to kill a server (there are like thousands of it) otherwise if they want to fix a faction, then they should reduce the price for faction change and give them a bonus for it but only a limited amount.

But i am actually supporting this because it breaks peoples addiction to this game.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-19 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Yes, you are right. The fee needs to be higher.
    Agree, but I think people should get a free ticket for a transfer each expansion...to allow people to reroll if they want but don't got cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The $25 transfer fee is fine, what there needs to be is some sort of way to bulk transfer multiple characters at once for a discounted price.
    Agreed. My guild transferd to a new server a few months ago and even how much it sucks to have all my alts left on my old server I'm never going to pay $75 to transfer them to my new server.

They should make it free and just have a cooldown where u cant transfer again for 30 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty stupid from a consumer perspective; I agree.

They need a way to move multiple characters from one server to another that is cheaper than hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Hey It's a business got to make much money as much as possible so thus I don't see anything wrong with it.
    ah so you would be okay if they raise the monthly fee to 20bucks? it´s a business afterall so there can´t be anything wrong with it, right?
    i think 25 is too much, 10 would be okay and somewhat acceptable. they make enough money with their mounts,pets,monthly....