Thread: SrS Uptime Help

SrS Uptime Help

So, one of my other issues is really bad SrS uptime: Is there an add-on or something I can use that will basically scream / show if it's going to drop off, or monitor it on a target (at least for the time being)?

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions/help always welcome.
    Thanks.

WeakAuras or PowerAuras will do this for you. Just make it show a blinky symbol on your screen when SrS is not on your current target (or when it has a sub 3 second duration left) so that you know to re-cast it.

If you're trying to track it on multiple targets, Tidyplates can do that. Eschatological mentioned he uses Fortexorcist instead and that it does the job better. I've installed but not experimented with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    WeakAuras or PowerAuras will do this for you. Just make it show a blinky symbol on your screen when SrS is not on your current target (or when it has a sub 3 second duration left) so that you know to re-cast it.

If you're trying to track it on multiple targets, Tidyplates can do that. Eschatological mentioned he uses Fortexorcist instead and that it does the job better. I've installed but not experimented with it.
    Fortexorcist is weird for me at times, sometimes it doesn't work.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

i prefer needtoknow over anything else. Can easily pop a color coded bar anywhere on your screen and it shows the duration. Forte and I don't get along as well lol. And with auras you'd need to spend a bit of time to customize them fully. Imo, get needtoknow and tidyplates.

I use weakauras and I have a timer that shows up when 5 seconds or less is left on my SrS. You could also attach a sound to that through weakauras, but I've found the aura itself is enough to remind me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    i prefer needtoknow over anything else. Can easily pop a color coded bar anywhere on your screen and it shows the duration. Forte and I don't get along as well lol. And with auras you'd need to spend a bit of time to customize them fully. Imo, get needtoknow and tidyplates.
    Just seconding this post. I use both NtK and Tidy plates and couldn't imagine my UI without them now. Very good addons.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post

That's funny: I've actually had weak auras installed and I didn't experiment with it either (I try to keep add-on usage to a minimum because my computer is a few years old and while I maxed out the amount of RAM the motherboard can support: it still isn't much).

You can also use TellMeWhen. I have mine set up so that an icon shows up if it's absent or low on duration. I like that more than bar timing it like a dot because you're not really actively managing it, you're just trying to track the few times during a fight that it might drop.

I personally use TMW for tracking debuffs on my target. I'd only ever use forteXorcist if off-target (non-focused) SrS absolutely *needed* to be tracked - there's no easy way to do that with TMW or NTK. Since I rarely play SV these days, I don't even have fX enabled right now, but I used to use it on Stone Guards, Will, and some other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I personally use TMW for tracking debuffs on my target. I'd only ever use forteXorcist if off-target (non-focused) SrS absolutely *needed* to be tracked - there's no easy way to do that with TMW or NTK. Since I rarely play SV these days, I don't even have fX enabled right now, but I used to use it on Stone Guards, Will, and some other fights.
    With NTK the bars show up only when you have your target selected yes. But that is why you pair it with tidy plates. It puts an icon above the nameplate showing the debuff and duration. So NTK for single target coupled with tidyplates for multi-target. And they both use very little memory as well compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    You can also use TellMeWhen. I have mine set up so that an icon shows up if it's absent or low on duration. I like that more than bar timing it like a dot because you're not really actively managing it, you're just trying to track the few times during a fight that it might drop.
    It's far more efficient to track SrS like the dot it is rather than an icon which appears when it's on and disappears when it's off. That way by the time you realize it's dropped and then cast it again, you'd have lost a couple seconds of srs plus having to reapply manually. Even if you have settings where it changes depending on duration, it won't be 100% accurate. With a timed dot monitor like NTK, you can tell when it's at ~1.8 secs left or w/e your cast time is and you simply cast a cobra. Or you could refresh black arrow at exactly 1 sec left so you don't lose the tick etc. Plus it's not just tracking debuffs. You can track buffs, procs, internal cooldowns even. It's just an amazing addon.
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-01-20 at 11:11 AM.

TMW offers numerical icon timers too, as well as the visual clock hand sweep animation. And you can set it to 100% opacity (IE showing) when it's on the target, 50% when it's not on the target so you can easily see it's greyed out when it falls but you can still see it.

TMW also offers power checks which shade the icons different if it's available but you don't have the focus to cast it.

I'll go ahead and play around with some of these add-ons. Thanks guys!