Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Kick" is now free!

Was reading through the daily update, and stumbled upon this:

Question: Drop Skull Bash to 10 energy (currently 15), since we lost of the Glove bonus.
    Answer: Skull Bash costs nothing on the PTR build. Kick too. That may have missed the patch notes.
    About fucking time!
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2013-01-19 at 03:17 PM.

They should have removed energy cost when they removed it's dmg component, better late than never

For PVE it is a good change, for PVP, they have to change PVP glove bonus to something else....currently it is 1% to recup...which is at 400K hp geared rogue ticking for 12000 hp every 3 seconds is now 16000 hp per 3 sec...ofc not calculating pvp healing nerf....

10+ Year Old Account
    if anything they should've (IMO) increased the interrupts on ALL kicks to something that would make you question whether you want to interrupt or keep DPSing on a target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    if anything they should've (IMO) increased the interrupts on ALL kicks to something that would make you question whether you want to interrupt or keep DPSing on a target.
    That would simply be stupid to have in PvE, unfortunately. When you're faced with a mechanic that would otherwise wipe your raid, you're not faced with an interesting decision; You interrupt or you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That would simply be stupid to have in PvE, unfortunately. When you're faced with a mechanic that would otherwise wipe your raid, you're not faced with an interesting decision; You interrupt or you die.
    The answer would come to making tanks and healers do it, if it cost all DPS something they care about, during progression, followed by the lowest DPS who brings the most CDs.

As for the changes: /dance!

Now we need to test again and see if kick can apply poisons (it did at one point, when it had a damage component)

Deleted
    Why would it without the damage component?

Deleted
    PvP gloves - changed to increase healing by Recuperate by 1% of health.
    Today's notes confirm this.

So awesome change! Now I'm really looking forward to interrupting stuff in the raid again, and not be like "meh, can't the warrior, ret or enhancer do it? "

I was under the impression that kick had an energy cost because it was "unique" in that it gave a 5 second lockout while all other interrupts gave 4. Same with feral's and monk's interrupts having a cost because it had "unique" attachments to it that made it different than a standard interrupt.

Either way its good for rogues but now they have a plain better interrupt then the other melee which I guess isnt a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I was under the impression that kick had an energy cost because it was "unique" in that it gave a 5 second lockout while all other interrupts gave 4. Same with feral's and monk's interrupts having a cost because it had "unique" attachments to it that made it different than a standard interrupt.

Either way its good for rogues but now they have a plain better interrupt then the other melee which I guess isnt a big deal.
    Monks is 5 and also is a 4 second silence if used from the front. Feral is 4 but is a mini charge and spells cost 25% more mana for 10 seconds. Idc about feral, but if monks get an energy free silence, then I want the energy cost of dismantle removed. I mean monks have would have a free silence and disarm and our disarm is 25 energy and we don't have a silence.

Deleted
    Its a start, lets see rest of the core problem how it will go

is kick off GCD ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Monks is 5 and also is a 4 second silence if used from the front. Feral is 4 but is a mini charge and spells cost 25% more mana for 10 seconds. Idc about feral, but if monks get an energy free silence, then I want the energy cost of dismantle removed. I mean monks have would have a free silence and disarm and our disarm is 25 energy and we don't have a silence.
    Thats what I mean, they either need to tone down ferals/monks interrupt to be more reasonable or keep the energy cost. Wars, dks, and rets have nothing special about their interrupt (15 sec cd, 4 sec) which is why, from my impression, they were free of resource cost (rebuke costs mana but its not a huge deal). Rogues are kind of on the middle ground; I think their interrupt should be free but its also 5 seconds currently, bringing it down to 4 wouldn't be unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    is kick off GCD ?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Why would it without the damage component?
    Ive seen weirder things

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    yes

Ive seen weirder things
    well then great change it's about time

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    is kick off GCD ?
    Its been off gcd for like 2 expac or even longer as I remember actually I never seen it on the gcd ever
    Do you even play rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by fallschick View Post
    Its been off gcd for like 2 expac or even longer as I remember actually I never seen it on the gcd ever
    Do you even play rogue?
    sry i dont interrupt that often if i do i dont pay attention

I wish i could say the same -.-;; h protectors and h spirit kings and h wind lord require quite a few interupts.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    I wish i could say the same -.-;; h protectors and h spirit kings and h wind lord require quite a few interupts.
    its just almost everyone on my team is able to interrupt our tanks our hunter mage shaman there is no need for me to interrupt just if someone fucked up i do it