Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Surprisingly, most people posting in this thread think the numbers will be positive.

That's awesome to see!
    Or conversely the other side of the player base has moved on. :P

As I said to my friends - a sign of something being unpopular is not when tons of people complain about it... it's when people STOP complaining and move on, leaving behind a handful of supporters.

I mean this is, what, 5 pages long in 2 days? Usually these threads by now are 30 pages long with mods threatening people to behave. :P

Sorry... not that I wanted to rain on your parade. Stay positive, but just don't get your expectations overreaching because a handful of MMOC supporters believe they'll be up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, it seems that mist is a wee bit more well received than cata at this stage of the game. I dont know the difference between raid participation now and then? Or well, now there's LFR that opens up raiding for everyone and their moms...
    With LFR included, I'm sure raid participation is massively higher. Heroic 5 mans are also totally different.

PvP seems to be a sore spot, but then PvP was all messed up at the start of Wrath, too. They'll work out the kinks, most likely.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm thinking that a lack of competition may result in others having returned, overall I expect subs will hold. I will be surprised if there is any significant increase. I believe dead realms are just too much of an issue, slowly drawing away subs, in order for an increase to be likely.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    That's a poor assumption. You'll using one example for a reason of subs being down.
    ....my previous reasons were located somewhere on page 1 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Another reason I believe the subs are down in Q4: If they were up, they would've already announced it like they did a week after Q3 ended with Pandaria's release.
    Stop trying to revise history to push your propaganda. Blizzard has always announced subscriptions numbers and sales figures whenever they release an expansion regardless of when the next shareholders meeting was.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 02:43 PM ----------

Or conversely the other side of the player base has moved on. :P

As I said to my friends - a sign of something being unpopular is not when tons of people complain about it... it's when people STOP complaining and move on, leaving behind a handful of supporters.

I mean this is, what, 5 pages long in 2 days? Usually these threads by now are 30 pages long with mods threatening people to behave. :P

Sorry... not that I wanted to rain on your parade. Stay positive, but just don't get your expectations overreaching because a handful of MMOC supporters believe they'll be up. :P
    Oh my god you can not possibly be serious. So the game is now dying because people aren't whining as much as they used to? Jesus fucking christ.

....my previous reasons were located somewhere on page 1 I believe.
    Then your other reasoning is just as stupid. You don't need to release something in the Christmas season to sell a lot. Also, would it keep selling because it went through the season? By your logic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Another reason I believe the subs are down in Q4: If they were up, they would've already announced it like they did a week after Q3 ended with Pandaria's release.
    They needed to sugarcoat the initial Mists sales to make it sound good. Never before have they revealed the quarterly subscriber count before the conference call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Never before have they revealed the quarterly subscriber count before the conference call.
    They released a number shortly after Cataclym released, not at a quarterly call, didn't they?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The guy presenting should start off with something :
    "Haters gonna hate,
    Lovers gonna love,
    I don't even care none of the above..."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They released a number shortly after Cataclym released, not at a quarterly call, didn't they?
    I think that was just the Cataclysm sales. Though it's been a while so I might be wrong about that case.

Actually, out of curiosity..

Why do people care so much about the subscriber numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

So they can have enough time to come up with something to complain when they are released.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Panic mode in WOW haters land.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

Both Alliance and Horde show between 10% and 15% more average playing sessions than the same period last year (10.2 M subs). It certainly is 30% more than last summer.

There still may be some hope for the haters though as China can't be tracked.

But I think the haters should not have their hopes too high as this is the winter time and the hype of the 2 latest launched ones already dried up massively.

Just think about the consequences ... if Blizzard would announce subscriptions going further up from 9.1 million to 10.3 million ... in the year ... the 2 biggest block buster WOW killers were launched ...and went (were) free to play ...

That would be very painful indeed.

Therefore: Blizzard will keep it civilised and will just talk about "more than 10 million". It is painful enough for the competition already ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-19 at 11:16 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Panic mode in WOW haters land.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

Both Alliance and Horde show between 10% and 15% more average playing sessions than the same period last year (10.2 M subs). It certainly is 30% more than last summer.

There still may be some hope for the haters though as China can't be tracked.

But I think the haters should not have their hopes too high as this is the winter time and the hype of the 2 latest launched ones already dried up massively.

Just think about the consequences ... if Blizzard would announce subscriptions going further up from 9.1 million to 10.3 million ... in the year ... the 2 biggest block buster WOW killers were launched ...and went (were) free to play ...

That would be very painful indeed.

Therefore: Blizzard will keep it civilised and will just talk about "more than 10 million". It is painful enough for the competition already ...
    More activity does not mean there's more accounts.

But it does mean the risk is lower, because more activity means less time to sit around whining. And it proves blizz was right about players wanting more options.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will get a massive increase of subs due the fact that MoP has been out and they already had above 10mill after 1 week time, and i asume it is already above 11,000,000 right now! Why?

Well, Blizzard is being pretty smart this expansion, They want to give us each 2 months a new patch, which is great!
    And compared to cata where 12 months (could be 6 months idk idc) or something we had no update at only DS! and lets be honest DS was the worst raid ever made.
    Thats a major reason WoW kept losing subs, Cmn We had a fucking chuck norris commercial, we would have gained alot more if they updated more! ;3

Now let's get to MoP, A patch each 2 months.
    Alot of the WoW sub players use the WoW Game Card Payment, which allows you to pay for your account for 2 months. And now think, they got bored which is normal for a game to get bored, but after ur sub ended right at the corner a new patch with a nice raid or what ever will be released, i asume alot of people will pay again to see this new patch, and that means +2 months again, and when thats over a new patch is right at the corner again! Even when people do get bored, they will highly take a look and pay again!

Also WoW has survived alot of 'WoW Killers', First SWTOR would destroy WoW, well what happened? SWTOR died. Yes it died, it lost almost all their subs in what? like 2 months after release? That means = epic failure. Idc SWTOR lovers but thats the true.

GW2 would be the next massive WoW killer, well it is a nice game, and it is all fency and lovely and new, but it aint a WoW killer, And i heard Gw2 is lacking activity already, so i don't think WoW has to worry ever about GW2. (Due lack of end content)

WoW might be old, and everyone might have played it, Who atleast loves MMO's, but WoW is still the biggest thing you can do right now after 8 years!

I do myself hope Blizzard keeps up the good work they did and won't screw up MoP like they did with Cata, and i'm pretty sure if they keep this up they will get rewarded iwth a 12mill + subs by end of MoP, and if we're lucky with a bad ass expansion? Sargeras? who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    So they can have enough time to come up with something to complain when they are released.
    What a hilariously one sided response.

It isn't just so people have something to complain about, but also so those who need sub numbers to feed their superiority complexes. The people who adore WoW and lord subscription numbers over the heads of those who are enjoying whatever they please, are no better than those who go on and about why WoW is a failure to them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My prediction is that tomorrow the sun will rise but it will be 0.000000000000001% brighter. Discuss.

In my case, I am hoping there was a big drop. Usually when a company loses a big chunk of customers, they start adjusting their policies and maybe start looking into the reasons why people left their game, in hopes of finding some way to bring them back. Which I am hoping will bring some sense to them and actually get them to at least add an opt out option for CRZ.

Deleted
    Up to 11 million