Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    This isn't the proper thread for addon troubleshooting. That being said I suggest you take a better look in the settings, more specifically player unit settings and it wouldn't be hard to figure out how.

My bad, I will take it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    My bad, I will take it elsewhere.
    I was just saying for the future.

I haven't used Pitbull since wrath days, but it honestly should be as easy as going into the player unit text setting and disabling the tag that is being used for the name on your player frame.

Deleted
    Looks pretty good. I suggest maybe changing the chat background to something more transparent, 40-50%. Same for whatever that right black frame. If that is your meters and its done with kgpanels parent it to it so it hides when you hide the meters. Just looks odd to have a giant black frame with nothing in it for no reason.
    Thanks will do. Its actually my Grid Raid frames and its frustrating that I need to have profiles for each raid mode so that the width change depending on how many people can fit in the raid group to fit the shape...

I had the right background box showing since it looked uneven without it... Not sure how I can get around that though so I will take your advice.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-01-20 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Thanks will do. Its actually my Grid Raid frames and its frustrating that I need to have profiles for each raid mode so that the width change depending on how many people can fit in the raid group to fit the shape...
    Try what I've done as I also use kgpanels for a border/backdrop around my raid frames. I have a kgpanel for each group size. (Party, 10man, 25man and 40man) They only display if I join a party and once there are more than 5 people is switches to the 10man size. Once the raid reaches 11 players it switches again to my 25man panel, and again at 26 players to the 40man panel.

That way the border/backdrop will always match the size of your raid frames and only display when it's needed.

If you need the scripts I can hop online to grab a copy/paste of them.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-20 at 02:40 AM.

I was just saying for the future.

I haven't used Pitbull since wrath days, but it honestly should be as easy as going into the player unit text setting and disabling the tag that is being used for the name on your player frame.
    I got it now, I had to make a whole new layout and apply it to the Player unit and disable the name from there.

Deleted
    Try what I've done as I also use kgpanels for a border/backdrop around my raid frames. I have a kgpanel for each group size. (Party, 10man, 25man and 40man) They only display if I join a party and once there are more than 5 people is switches to the 10man size. Once the raid reaches 11 players it switches again to my 25man panel, and again at 26 players to the 40man panel.

That way the border/backdrop will always match the size of your raid frames and only display when it's needed.

If you need the scripts I can hop online to grab a copy/paste of them.
    Thats a good idea I just did not want to bother with the scripts so that would be great when you have the time! Thank you.

I've changed my UI some more now:

I've added a menu bar below the spells and decreased the opacity of the chat frame like you suggested but not as low as 40-50% as I did not like it :S

Thats a good idea I just did not want to bother with the scripts so that would be great when you have the time! Thank you.

I've changed my UI some more now:

I've added a menu bar below the spells and decreased the opacity of the chat frame like you suggested but not as low as 40-50% as I did not like it :S
    No problem.

OnLoad will be same for all the panels
    Code:
    self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    self:RegisterEvent("GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE")
    Party OnEvent
    Code:
    local rmems = GetNumGroupMembers()
    if rmems > 1 and rmems < 6 then
        self:Show()
    else
        self:Hide()
    end
    10man OnEvent
    Code:
    if rmems > 5 and rmems < 11 then
    else
    end
    25man OnEvent
    Code:
    if rmems > 10 and rmems < 26 then
    else
    end
    40man OnEvent
    Code:
    if rmems > 25 then
    else
    end

I actually like the previous set up more. I prefer darker chat boxes if they actually fit into the interface and the other black box made it look pretty symmetrical which I like. Now it doesn't look symmetrical anymore. That's just my opinion though.

I wonder what your UI looked like if you moved your minimap to the bottom as well and incorporated it into the frames to make it look symmetrical again. I think that could look very clean and organized. Would be interesting to have everything at the bottom .

Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    I actually like the previous set up more. I prefer darker chat boxes if they actually fit into the interface and the other black box made it look pretty symmetrical which I like. Now it doesn't look symmetrical anymore. That's just my opinion though.

I wonder what your UI looked like if you moved your minimap to the bottom as well and incorporated it into the frames to make it look symmetrical again. I think that could look very clean and organized. Would be interesting to have everything at the bottom .
    A minimap and a damage meter next to each other can be made the same size as the rectanglular chat on the other side of the actionbars. This is a good idea^

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the outline on the scrolling damage text.

I don't understand why you don't have an outline on your chat font. (Chat doesn't have a background, whereas a lot of the fonts that you are using WITH outlines do have backgrounds. You'd think that chat would need an outline more if anything...)
    Also, adding an outline to the fonts on your damage meter and boss mods would possibly make them "fit in" better.
    I understand that the texture on the unitframes is to add some spice to the UI but it just doesn't match the damage meter or the boss mods :\ it looks quite clunky in my eyes.
    The shadows around the buffs in the top right and the actionbar beneath your player frame need reducing by around 50%. They look huge compared to the shadows on the unitframes and tooltip. Also the shadows on the actionbar need to be made darker. They're not as intense as the rest.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to do as I've never really put much work into altering borders of AddOns, but maybe adding a shadowed border to the minimap and damage meter would make them both look super awesome!

Just my 2c. Hope I was of some help
    Fonts: Check
    Unit frame texture: idk, came with the oUF layout.
    Shadows: All I could do was mess with inset/padding, looks like crap unless I left it how it was. So I went to tried to change their edgefiles to the ones my map/dmg meter use, for some reason the Buffs/debuffs worked but the action bar did not.
    Border: I messed with trying to change the border of the oUF but the insets would not change at all.

So basically if the insets on the actionbar and the ouf worked, my UI would look decent.

-- How it looks with insets not changing

-- How it looks with what's working

I'm probably overlooking something or just simply not doing it right concerning the action bars and the unit frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    I actually like the previous set up more. I prefer darker chat boxes if they actually fit into the interface and the other black box made it look pretty symmetrical which I like. Now it doesn't look symmetrical any more. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah and I agree. I preferred having it symmetrical but I understand that having a black empty box just takes up space for no reason. I did have that idea of having the minimap down there as well which I like but I really like the raid frames being in that box. If I did put the minimap down there then where would the raid frames go? Having them at the top of the screen to me seems very strange since I find them useful to look at in raids. The minimap on the other hand I don't really look at too much.

And thank you Boourns for those scripts! I will definitely try them out. Greatly appreciated

EDIT: I took your advice and put the Mini-map at the bottom just so you can see what it would look like with the Damage Meter on as well:

Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-01-20 at 01:43 PM.

Yeah and I agree. I preferred having it symmetrical but I understand that having a black empty box just takes up space for no reason. I did have that idea of having the minimap down there as well which I like but I really like the raid frames being in that box. If I did put the minimap down there then where would the raid frames go? Having them at the top of the screen to me seems very strange since I find them useful to look at in raids. The minimap on the other hand I don't really look at too much.

And thank you Boourns for those scripts! I will definitely try them out. Greatly appreciated

EDIT: I took your advice and put the Mini-map at the bottom just so you can see what it would look like with the Damage Meter on as well:

Could you make that chat box a little smaller and lift it off the bottom by like 5px?
    Not sure why but I think stuff touching the bottom of the screen looks a bit half assed.

My 2c

Edit: its not touching the bottom...brb need coffee >.>

Deleted

That looks really cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonidas View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the ideas and comments.

Here's an update:
    Can any tell me if this is up for download somewhere? i absolutely love the UI and i am not that great with Lua that i can copy something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneia View Post
    Can any tell me if this is up for download somewhere? i absolutely love the UI and i am not that great with Lua that i can copy something like this.
    Send you a PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneia View Post
    You can easily make an UI like this without having to configurate through a lua.
    What you need are the following addons ->

KGPanels
    Stuf or Pitbull4 unitframes
    Bartender or Dominos
    Masque + Masque clean icons or some other skin
    AZCastbar or quartz
    Weakauras
    Phanxbuffs
    Skada or recount
    Sldatatext
    Big wigs or DBM
    Chatter or prat
    Chinchilla minimap

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Fonts: Check
    Unit frame texture: idk, came with the oUF layout.
    Shadows: All I could do was mess with inset/padding, looks like crap unless I left it how it was. So I went to tried to change their edgefiles to the ones my map/dmg meter use, for some reason the Buffs/debuffs worked but the action bar did not.
    Border: I messed with trying to change the border of the oUF but the insets would not change at all.

So basically if the insets on the actionbar and the ouf worked, my UI would look decent.

-- How it looks with insets not changing

-- How it looks with what's working

I'm probably overlooking something or just simply not doing it right concerning the action bars and the unit frames.
    Well, nothing is wrong with outlines, it was just my opinion. Personally, I just don't like outlines on text, especially not in the chat. Although it looks alright on the damage text. Try using a thin outline for everything? If that doesn't look good, I would revert it back to the original set up. remember, its just personal preference.

I really like it! Probably looks better than anything I've ever created! (Personal opinion)
    Last edited by psychoholic123; 2013-01-20 at 04:48 PM.

The Chat, Minimap. Damage Meter, Data, and Action Bar frames all look really nice in that placement. You used just enough paneling to give it visual appeal, without going overboard. Keep up the good work, as you have a really great idea going with this one.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

I like your UI very much. Do you have a infight Screenshot?
    I sort of do, but I changed the UF/RF up, I changed them back, though.

http://i.imgur.com/bcfGwiK.jpg

I changed the font too, I'll get an SS tonight if I can.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    You can easily make an UI like this without having to configurate through a lua.
    What you need are the following addons ->

KGPanels
    Stuf or Pitbull4 unitframes
    Bartender or Dominos
    Masque + Masque clean icons or some other skin
    AZCastbar or quartz
    Weakauras
    Phanxbuffs
    Skada or recount
    Sldatatext
    Big wigs or DBM
    Chatter or prat
    Chinchilla minimap
    Or he could just download ElvUI. Since 95% of the UI in question is using ElvUI