Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I could see wow loosing subs . As a player , I am just not that motivated as I was with previous expansions to level alts anymore. Not to mention hardly seeing any friends online at times makes playing kinda boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Stop trying to revise history to push your propaganda. Blizzard has always announced subscriptions numbers and sales figures whenever they release an expansion regardless of when the next shareholders meeting was.
    Don't mind Mvallas. He is basically like a second Concisous, They both do nothing but predit Subscription drops, How WoW is failing. And how "People have woken up" and stopped playing WoW
    Last edited by Juri; 2013-01-20 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I hope it stays above 10 million to quench any real strength in the whiners inevitable rants about how pandas and CRZ are scaring people away.

Which I am hoping will bring some sense to them and actually get them to at least add an opt out option for CRZ.
    They're not going to let people opt out of CRZ because it makes no sense.
    Although the thought of watching a friendly player dying to an enemy I cannot see sounds funny.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-20 at 01:56 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I thought gamers are playing games for their fun value (which varies from person to person)? Are we gonna judge a game based on what the reports are?

these stuff make me lose hope in the gaming community =/

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will influence WoW's direction in the next months...

Deleted
    Expecting to see a marked drop in western subs glossed over with a marginal rise in eastern subs. Seems about par right now.

Even if they drop below 10 million subscriptions im pretty sure they would still be way ahead of other mmo's subs.

And all the people dropping subscriptions are not really helping if they are protesting things they don't like. All you end up doing is taking money that could be used on the development of the game away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    And all the people dropping subscriptions are not really helping if they are protesting things they don't like. All you end up doing is taking money that could be used on the development of the game away
    Wow, are you even serious with this? Really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Actually, out of curiosity..

Why do people care so much about the subscriber numbers?
    Curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. People will tell you that it's because the haters wanna see WoW burn, and I suppose there are those too. Hell, when I quit I had this "How can anyone like that shitty game, c'mon." phase too.

Still, personally I would like to see Wow drop a bit in numbers. Not that it bothers me, but I feel that this sort of situation isn't too healthy for the MMO market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Not everyone that plays wow expects Blizzard to fully reinvent the game each and every expansion. Want a different game? Go buy one.
    the problem is, they havent invented anything worth note since wrath.

bc was somewhat new and innovative

wrath had some inventive aspects

cata-garbage
    mop-more garbage

take a look at the population on private servers, there's tons of bc and wrath private servers completely packed with people. the cata private servers are a ghostland, and the mop ones will be the same.

bc was the golden age, and wrath was the peak>fall>decline.

all the rest is B-team material, at best... yet millions still fall for it... quite perplexing; i blame guilt/denial...

10+ Year Old Account
    ive actually been seeing some friends and old guildies coming back some from what i observed maybe gone up
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Only like 1 million or so signed up for the AP, doesn't really make a big impact.
    Given that the AP is 1 million out of the 4 to 5 million non-China subs, in terms of dollars 20% of the high revenue portion of the playerbase leaving would make a big impact where it matters most, on revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    mop-more garbage

take a look at the population on private servers, there's tons of bc and wrath private servers completely packed with people. the cata private servers are a ghostland, and the mop ones will be the same.

bc was the golden age, and wrath was the peak>fall>decline.

all the rest is B-team material, at best... yet millions still fall for it... quite perplexing; i blame guilt/denial...
    That's all of your opinion, don't try and state it like everyone else agrees with it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    In my case, I am hoping there was a big drop. Usually when a company loses a big chunk of customers, they start adjusting their policies and maybe start looking into the reasons why people left their game, in hopes of finding some way to bring them back. Which I am hoping will bring some sense to them and actually get them to at least add an opt out option for CRZ.
    I love Blizz but one can guess that's what they did with Mists, and they're still doing a fantastic job.

But I understand your statement so don't think I'm assuming you're hating on the game. No worries.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. People will tell you that it's because the haters wanna see WoW burn, and I suppose there are those too. Hell, when I quit I had this "How can anyone like that shitty game, c'mon." phase too.

Still, personally I would like to see Wow drop a bit in numbers. Not that it bothers me, but I feel that this sort of situation isn't too healthy for the MMO market.
    Completely understandable. I was just curious. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
    Of course they know. I'm sure they don't know each and every account but I would guarantee you they have very good ballpark data. They'd be massively incompetent if they didn't.
    I think you and/or dokhidamo should provide the evidence for your claim. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that you and they are both full of shit.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Another reason I believe the subs are down in Q4: If they were up, they would've already announced it like they did a week after Q3 ended with Pandaria's release.
    Why would they offer the numbers before the call? Seriously? the expansion was a special circumstance, any other subscription numbers have been released at the conference call.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Or conversely the other side of the player base has moved on. :P

As I said to my friends - a sign of something being unpopular is not when tons of people complain about it... it's when people STOP complaining and move on, leaving behind a handful of supporters.

I mean this is, what, 5 pages long in 2 days? Usually these threads by now are 30 pages long with mods threatening people to behave. :P

Sorry... not that I wanted to rain on your parade. Stay positive, but just don't get your expectations overreaching because a handful of MMOC supporters believe they'll be up. :P
    MMOC isn't the entire Warcraft world... I played for more than 5 years before I even made an MMOC account.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Actually, out of curiosity..

Why do people care so much about the subscriber numbers?
    Because the hate filled individuals have to have something to use to fuel their projection bias, without something to hang their hate on their hate soon loses steam.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Because the hate filled individuals have to have something to use to fuel their projection bias, without something to hang their hate on their hate soon loses steam.
    So it's all about hate, eh? Then what about the people who project that the numbers go up, why do you think they are interested?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Even if they drop below 10 million subscriptions im pretty sure they would still be way ahead of other mmo's subs.

So... if people give months of feedback on a feature that breaks things that are important (In the case of CRZ, it broke the 2 seater mounts, ability to ignore and report harassment, and in many cases, was causing headaches because the transition would cause a flash sometimes) and being told by their lead developer that all we want is a single player game, and we should continue giving money to them?

I like WoW, I really do. But certain things in this expansion were done wrong, and it felt like feedback was being chucked through 1 ear and falling out the other. So if feedback wont be heard, we ended up with only 1 option. Unsubscribing. Believe me, if Blizz addressed the CRZ issue, I could deal with the dailies I think. Lord knows I'd love to rejoin my guildies on WoW. But until there is a way for me to level my alts outside of dungeons, without harassment, and be able to use my 2 seater mounts which I invested heavily into obtaining, there's just no way I could give them money that I feel is being wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    So it's all about hate, eh? Then what about the people who project that the numbers go up, why do you think they are interested?
    Personally, I'm going to keep playing until one of the following occurs,

1. I get bored of Wow.
    2. I run out of time for Wow.
    3. I run out of money for Wow.
    4. I run out of life.
    5. they turn off the servers.

Note, none of those are dependent on how many subscribers there are...

Play the game if you enjoy it, if you dont enjoy it, then dont play. Never base your play over how many subscribers a game has.
    Over the years I've enjoyed Everquest (the original), Horizons, Pirates of the Burning Sea, SWG, and several other MMOs.

PS. I loath CRZ, it enrages me like no other singularly retarded thing Blizzard has done over the years. I'll hate it until I leave Wow. but it wont make me quit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Personally, I'm going to keep playing until one of the following occurs,

1. I get bored of Wow.
    2. I run out of time for Wow.
    3. I run out of money for Wow.
    4. I run out of life.
    5. they turn off the servers.

Note, none of those are dependent on how many subscribers there are...

Play the game if you enjoy it, if you dont enjoy it, then dont play. Never base your play over how many subscribers a game has.
    Over the years I've enjoyed Everquest (the original), Horizons, Pirates of the Burning Sea, SWG, and several other MMOs.

PS. I loath CRZ, it enrages me like no other singularly retarded thing Blizzard has done over the years. I'll hate it until I leave Wow. but it wont make me quit.
    Not at all what I asked. But it's ok, it was more rhetorical anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    In my case, I am hoping there was a big drop. Usually when a company loses a big chunk of customers, they start adjusting their policies and maybe start looking into the reasons why people left their game, in hopes of finding some way to bring them back. Which I am hoping will bring some sense to them and actually get them to at least add an opt out option for CRZ.
    Judging by the scenario you described, I think your situation where CRZ affected you so greatly is an extreme minority.
    Like you, I also play on an RP server. Got dismounted a few times on passenger mounts when my husband and I leveled monks together. No biggie. The pros for the CRZ making the zones feel inhabited again -- esp. for RP -- have greatly outweighed any cons for the two of us.
    Not looking to turn this into a CRZ thread, but, yeah.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.